Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2014, 09:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default COMC National submission promotion

While I appreciate any opportunity to save a few bucks....might not be for me....any cards that I send in are already sleeved...thicker than normal cards...a lot of relic/jersey etc....a 550ct box with cards that are sleeved and/or jerseys might only fit about 300 cards or so....

unless you are sending in low end inserts and base will you get close to 500-500 cards in a 550 count box

If I understand it correctly....the deal is not 550 cards for $77...it is a 550 count box filled up for $77....I don't send in low end base and low end inserts as a rule so I will probably not take advantage of this offer.

Every card I send COMC is sleeved already with new sleeves to make it quicker for the processor and ensure my cards are not damaged while being moved around...I realize that is my choice but is only sensible one to me.

Please check out my port for great deals on your favorite players or teams! Always looking to buy small ports....please PM me.
OLDPAPER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:45 AM   #2 (permalink)

It's good for sending in lots of mtg cards or stickers or something else that is super-thin. I just hope they get the current backlog taken care of before they start with the specials.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:55 AM   #3 (permalink)

Really no savings on this one. I can only assume, that COMC is doing this as a continuation of past promotions in the middle of the chaos that they are in. By already being so far behind and just trying to catch up, I dont think they want to put themselves further in the hole. Can you imagine the outcry from its members if they couldn't meet that deadline? Perhaps there will be another opportunity for a promotion after the current efforts are finished and back logged submissions are on track. Really cant blame them on this one.

Trust me, I am not coddling them in any way, just making sense of it. Have a good 4th.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrodsports View Post
Really no savings on this one. I can only assume, that COMC is doing this as a continuation of past promotions in the middle of the chaos that they are in. By already being so far behind and just trying to catch up, I dont think they want to put themselves further in the hole. Can you imagine the outcry from its members if they couldn't meet that deadline? Perhaps there will be another opportunity for a promotion after the current efforts are finished and back logged submissions are on track. Really cant blame them on this one.

Trust me, I am not coddling them in any way, just making sense of it. Have a good 4th.

Yeah, I agree...no win situation for COMC...if they don't do a promotion...they will get slammed by the people that have grown accustomed to it...I am new here, so no skin off my back...they do a great promotion...then it will be popular and they will never get caught up.

Please check out my port for great deals on your favorite players or teams! Always looking to buy small ports....please PM me.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDPAPER View Post
Yeah, I agree...no win situation for COMC...if they don't do a promotion...they will get slammed by the people that have grown accustomed to it...I am new here, so no skin off my back...they do a great promotion...then it will be popular and they will never get caught up.

Also these special promos are the best time to send them junk that probably will never sell and to get it listed for quite cheap...I know one of the biggest sellers in real life, met him a few times at Burbank sportscards back in the day(dudes a total p.r.i.ck in person as well) and he will literally send in stuff like 1990s donruss and 89 hoops basketball during the listing promos just to beef up his stats on the site
Old 07-04-2014, 07:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrodsports View Post

I think they would get a lot of crap if they didn't have a promo. It's seems like the thing to do at the National and if they were the only one that didn't do something it would look bad. I've got a bunch of pre-93 oddball, stickers, etc I send so I love this promo. I wish I would have gotten in before Baltimore. Only did 2 boxes there when the limit was 5. My one box last year had 910 items! It should be similar this year as well.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

Yea unfortunately I will not be taking part in this promotion. Basically paying full price, only perk is that the stuff is 7 week, not 8 week service. Not really worth it to me, considering shipping that box to COMC isn't worth it from PA.
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:53 PM   #8 (permalink)

I don't think I've ever participated in this promotion. Not sure I will this year as well.

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
If you ask for a price/make an offer - please have the courtesy to respond.
Swipe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

Well I think it all depends on what you send in and how many cards you can get in the 550 ct box. Normal price of .25 per card at the $77 deal would be a shipment of 308 cards.

Last time I sent in a 550 box it had 410 cards in it. So normally that would cost me $102.5. So for $77 I'd save $25.5.

I'm pretty sure I'll send in a box. Any money saved is more profit for me.

Now weather they hit the 7 weeks is another story.

I still have cards from a batch that was supposed to post on 5/10. And 800 or so that are supposed to post by 7/26. So we will see.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:43 PM   #10 (permalink)

I'll be sending in inserts and autos....

game used or thicker cards will wait another day
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:58 AM   #11 (permalink)

I'll be sending in 550, but I expect it to take 7 weeks and have half my cards with missing data. (mostly non-team sports, which COMC seems to be ignoring)
Old 07-05-2014, 02:52 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryw View Post
Also these special promos are the best time to send them junk that probably will never sell and to get it listed for quite cheap...I know one of the biggest sellers in real life, met him a few times at Burbank sportscards back in the day(dudes a total p.r.i.ck in person as well) and he will literally send in stuff like 1990s donruss and 89 hoops basketball during the listing promos just to beef up his stats on the site
Does this seller have a thread about him being a Richard?
Old 07-08-2014, 03:03 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydistance View Post
LOL! Exactly what I was thinking.
peterose4hof is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:38 PM   #14 (permalink)

If we do take COMC up on this promotion, can we send one package with a National submission, and a separate submission at the Basic processing rate?
LSUNatChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:55 PM   #15 (permalink)

I send separate submissions in the same package constantly - Premium/Basic usually right now. In the good old days, I would send a Bulk 2-Week and 4 Week processing together in the same box. As long as you mark them, there shouldn't be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUNatChamps View Post
If we do take COMC up on this promotion, can we send one package with a National submission, and a separate submission at the Basic processing rate?

Old 07-12-2014, 11:32 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:

Old 07-12-2014, 11:35 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:

normally people don't irk me...but something about the way they carried themselves just made me want to kick then square in the sack and when they hit the ground give it another kick for good measure lol
Old 07-13-2014, 11:20 AM   #18 (permalink)

I just sent off another submission of about 1500 cards....I used a 550 ct box that fit just under 400 sleeved cards for the special....so I saved a few bucks...figured I better get them in before the National... Maybe they will get posted by the start of FB season....used a long large rate box....fit 4 boxes of varying sizes in there...using stamps.com was about 15 bucks to ship....so a penny a card approx

Last edited by OLDPAPER; 07-13-2014 at 12:49 PM.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:24 AM   #19 (permalink)

What's the cheapest way to send a 550ct box?
romayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:36 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by romayo View Post
Since you are in CA, I would guess regular first class would be the cheapest. For us East Coast folks it is a toss up between a medium flat rate box and first class.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:38 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
With 3 others in a medium flat rate
Old 07-13-2014, 12:24 PM   #22 (permalink)

Flat Rate Bubble Mailer - $5.05

I think it's too heavy for First Class.

Quote:

Old 07-13-2014, 01:09 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
Flat Rate Bubble Mailer - $5.05

I think it's too heavy for First Class.
That's the price for a non bubble envelope.
Bubble envelope is $5.35 only off ebay,so sending to comc this can't be used.You'd have to go to the PO,think it's $5.95.

Last edited by chezball; 07-13-2014 at 01:12 PM.
chezball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 02:13 PM   #24 (permalink)

Are you certain? I've used them around four times now for sending stuff non-eBay and none have come back. I also have the option of the Regional Flat Rates - COMC uses them to send me purchases a lot of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezball View Post
That's the price for a non bubble envelope.
Bubble envelope is $5.35 only off ebay,so sending to comc this can't be used.You'd have to go to the PO,think it's $5.95.

Old 07-13-2014, 02:16 PM   #25 (permalink)

If you want to ship to COMC using eBay pricing, you can ship directly from this link:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now