Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2014, 01:27 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default noticed sports cards and memorabilia is not free anymore on Ebay special offers

Anyone notice that?

I use to just wait for the special offers and list all my junk. Last time i went to list it and it said my fees were 80 dollars, so of course I cancelled.

So, now I am totallly done with ebay I guess. Im not paying to list stuff ever. Its a total losing situation unless you have some popular cards.

Select categories eligible for 100 free-insertion-fee auction-style listings per month ($0.30 insertion fee for fixed price listings):

Antiques

Art

Baby

Clothing, Shoes & Accessories

Coins & Paper Money

Collectibles

Dolls & Bears

Entertainment Memorabilia

Health & Beauty

Jewelry & Watches

Pottery & Glass

Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop

Stamps

Toys & Hobbies
EricMetcalf21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:53 AM   #2 (permalink)

You can still get free listings for auctions only.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:06 AM   #3 (permalink)

Open a store. It's $19.95/month for basic (less if you sign up for a year) and you get 150 free listings per month (Auction or BIN/BO). Seller fees are 9%, so depending on your volume, you can make some of that $19.95 back. They also offer the free listings at times to store owners, usually the 1/month like they had previously.
gergs1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:33 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gergs1134 View Post
Open a store. It's $19.95/month for basic (less if you sign up for a year) and you get 150 free listings per month (Auction or BIN/BO). Seller fees are 9%, so depending on your volume, you can make some of that $19.95 back. They also offer the free listings at times to store owners, usually the 1/month like they had previously.
Why pay 9% when in Aug. it drops to 8% depending on Op's defect rating,and 100 auction style listings. No $19.95 either.
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 02:10 AM   #5 (permalink)

yikes 19.95 a month no thanks I like free. All listing of items should be free, it sells u pay fvf.

ebay going to figure that out someday. Only suckers pay listing fees.
EricMetcalf21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:26 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricMetcalf21 View Post
yikes 19.95 a month no thanks I like free. All listing of items should be free, it sells u pay fvf.

ebay going to figure that out someday. Only suckers pay listing fees.
I guess I am just the opposite, I have found a distinct pattern of how Ebay sales work when they have big free listing specials that involve the most types of items on the site sales drop, because the search gets bogged down. If they made all listings free and only charged FVFs you would have a dead site as people would have tons of items listed that cannot even be given away, it would eventually run off buyers because the search would become worse than it is already.
shrevecity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

My fees were $75.00 a month. The free special for sports cards is 3 free relistings after an item doesn't sell. Continuous.

The savings for the free 3 relistings on my ebay store is $200.00 a month for 3 months. The last auction special worked for my store & I listed 65 auctions at a savings of 16.25

I upgraded to a Premium store, as I usually have around 2,000 items a month going in. Premium store is $49.95+listing fees with 500 free listings. Should save me $20.00 a month on current fvf's.
benshobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:20 PM   #8 (permalink)

It is technically an old topic. If you sell online I recommend read at least weekly the following site:

Ecommerce and Online Auction News about eBay, Amazon, PayPal
My Trading Card Blog http://elperelestradingcards.blogspot.com/
My Pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/elpereles/
Kane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:32 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezball View Post
Why pay 9% when in Aug. it drops to 8% depending on Op's defect rating,and 100 auction style listings. No $19.95 either.
So FVF for non store auctions/BIN are going from 10% to 8% in August? I haven't seen that. I looked and couldn't find anything. Link???

Right now having a store makes sense depending on your volume. Had they continued the monthly specials for non-store owners that would have been the best option. But again, right now, I save 1% off anything I sell compared to the FVF for the free 100 listings. Last month I sold nearly $4500 worth of stuff. That 1% > $19.95.

You also get the listing specials when you have a store, has been 1/month like they always had. Would I prefer not to pay $19.95 and have all the free listings I want? Absolutely. That unfortunately is not an option right now.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:38 AM   #10 (permalink)

I have looked all over and have not seen the 8% change either. Unless he is misreading the 2% that is talked about a lot in the policy. That 2% is refering to the amount of defects a seller can have and still be a TRS they cannot exceed 2%

But store owners do not always get listing specials. Most of the ones I have recently gotten either do not apply or are not practical for use, with all the excemptions they are putting in them.

Last edited by shrevecity; 07-10-2014 at 08:45 AM.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:44 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
I have looked all over and have not seen the 8% change either. Unless he is misreading the 2% that is talked about a lot in the policy. That 2% is refering to the amount of defects a seller can have and still be a TRS they cannot exceed 2%

But store owners do not always get listing specials. Most of the ones I have recently gotten either do not apply or are not practical for use, with all the excemptions they are putting in them.
I've had the store for about 4 months now and each month I have gotten at least one promotion for a large amount of BIN or auction free listings with no significant exceptions. WOnder why there is such a difference from seller to seller.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

i have been offered a free 1 month store trial but see no reason to take it, i asked them on the phone the other day about listing prices for buy nows if i have a store and if they were free it woulda been worth it but they said .05 listing fee per buy now?

dunno if it was here or on ebay's forum where i read that if u have a store but cancel it all your listings will be cancelled also! they all but confirmed this was true on the phone! nothing ebay does will ever surprise me
Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:38 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson View Post
i have been offered a free 1 month store trial but see no reason to take it, i asked them on the phone the other day about listing prices for buy nows if i have a store and if they were free it woulda been worth it but they said .05 listing fee per buy now?

dunno if it was here or on ebay's forum where i read that if u have a store but cancel it all your listings will be cancelled also! they all but confirmed this was true on the phone! nothing ebay does will ever surprise me
All your fixed price listings will be cancelled not your auctions. And listing fees at 5 cents for a store is for the Anchor which includes 2500 free listings for 199.99 (or 179.99 if you do the year)
Old 07-10-2014, 06:10 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson View Post

I canceled my store subscription a few weeks ago and all my fixed price listings ended. I called them and they said that's not suppose to happen and told me to re-list everything and they would cancel the fees. They did that so take it for what it's worth.
Coolstavi is offline   Reply With Quote