Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2014, 09:30 AM   #1 (permalink)

Question Zero Feedback Buyer?

How do you feel about buyers with Zero feedback, do you feel comfortable selling to them?

Here's my dilema....I have an offer from a Zero Feedback International Buyer that just signed up yesterday. Should I be worried if I sell to them considering i will be protected through paypal right?

bjtheman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

Just follow the process and you will be covered. I have found in recent month Zero feedback bidders to be among the best. My last 6 unpaid items strikes I have given have been on buyers with over 50. Just opened a claim this morning on a buyer who has 18000 feedback and has bought over 600 items in the past month

ETA did not notice it was international, your protection coverage will be a lot more limited. I would probably decline.
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:53 AM   #3 (permalink)

Even though I don't do international I would decline

I hate when zero feedback or those who joined within the past 10 days bid on my items
Old 07-05-2014, 08:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

You don't need the headache,this has red flags all over it.

Last edited by chezball; 07-06-2014 at 09:21 AM.
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtheman1 View Post
How do you feel about buyers with Zero feedback, do you feel comfortable selling to them?

Here's my dilema....I have an offer from a Zero Feedback International Buyer that just signed up yesterday. Should I be worried if I sell to them considering i will be protected through paypal right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by preakness View Post
Even though I don't do international I would decline

I hate when zero feedback or those who joined within the past 10 days bid on my items
I'll readily admit that I have never sold any items using eBay. Are you concerned that the buyer doesn't have any feedback or is the concern more that he/she is an international buyer?

EVERYONE starts with zero feedback (including ourselves). I have seen plenty of sellers that prefer not to strike deals with international buyers, as I believe shipping is more expensive and the protection is more limited.

Hope it works out for you.

Last edited by kevinh1919; 07-05-2014 at 09:41 PM.
kevinh1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinh1919 View Post
I'll readily admit that I have never sold any items using eBay. Are you concerned that the buyer doesn't have any feedback or is the concern more that he/she is an international buyer?

EVERYONE starts with zero feedback (including ourselves). I have seen plenty of sellers that prefer not to strike deals with international buyers, as I believe shipping is more expensive and the protection is more limited.

Hope it works out for you.

More the international part. I've sold internationally before but never anything over $1K so this being a lot more I'm just a little concerned with the Zero feedback as well.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

If they don't pay then open a case and block.

If they do pay, make sure you ship global express with the sig Co formation.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
If they don't pay then open a case and block.

If they do pay, make sure you ship global express with the sig Co formation.
For international shipping whom would you recommend with high dollar items...USPS, Fedex, or UPS? Also, with customs I'll have to declare the value as well correct?

Last edited by bjtheman1; 07-05-2014 at 11:39 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:47 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
More the international part. I've sold internationally before but never anything over $1K so this being a lot more I'm just a little concerned with the Zero feedback as well.
Wow this lot is going to be over $1000? There is no way I would ever consider doing that. New buyer that just signed up, international, and transaction over 1000 is a recipe for disaster. Don't take the gamble, wait for a buyer that you are more confident is legit. You never know who this guy could be. He may be a previously banned ebay member, might be someone who has just found out that he may be able to scam, or he could be the most legit buyer ever, but do you really want to take the risk to find out who it might be?

My photobucket: http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/qq239/GOWIFB/

Last edited by GOWIFB; 07-06-2014 at 01:01 PM.
GOWIFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:32 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
For international shipping whom would you recommend with high dollar items...USPS, Fedex, or UPS? Also, with customs I'll have to declare the value as well correct?
I buy stuff over 1K all the time.With such large orders I always use UPS they do all the customs work for the Buyer and collect the fees at the door when delivering the package.Just make sure the buyer understands this.And the tracking is from door to door with ups.Atleast thats how it works in Germany.
brewcrew82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:30 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOWIFB View Post
Wow this lot is going to be over $1000? There is no way I would every consider doing that. New buyer that just signed up, international, and transaction over 1000 is a recipe for disaster. Don't take the gamble, wait for a buyer that you are more confident is legit. You never know who this guy could be. He may be a previously banned ebay member, might be someone who has just found out that he may be able to scam, or he could be the most legit buyer ever, but do you really want to take the risk to find out who it might be?
That certainly changes things, doesn't it?

kevinh1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:46 PM   #12 (permalink)

Ok, now I'm in a pickle! lol

So I declined the offer and was revising my auction when I get an email it sold during my revise which I thought was odd? The same buyer hit the BIN for it!

He hasn't paid yet, and I haven't sent an invoice as well.

What should I do? It does state in my auction I will ship internationally so am I screwed?
Old 07-06-2014, 01:51 PM   #13 (permalink)

Now all you can do is hope he don't pay. You should have BBLed him before you declined. I would file in 48 hours if not paid since that is the earliest you can file.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:07 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok, now I'm in a pickle! lol

So I declined the offer and was revising my auction when I get an email it sold during my revise which I thought was odd? The same buyer hit the BIN for it!

He hasn't paid yet, and I haven't sent an invoice as well.

What should I do? It does state in my auction I will ship internationally so am I screwed?
Why are you screwed?Ship the cards ups and you wont have one single problem.You have tracking door to door.If his in Europe its only a 10 hour plane ride,not the end of the world.With ups the package is delivered in 3-4 days.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:40 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
Now all you can do is hope he don't pay. You should have BBLed him before you declined. I would file in 48 hours if not paid since that is the earliest you can file.
I do have in my auction "payment due within 48 hrs" so that's good to know.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:42 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew82 View Post
Why are you screwed?Ship the cards ups and you wont have one single problem.You have tracking door to door.If his in Europe its only a 10 hour plane ride,not the end of the world.With ups the package is delivered in 3-4 days.
The buyer is in Sweden, he has 48hrs to pay so I'll see what happens there. Until then I need to read into the customs and declarations info since this transaction is high dollar. I don't want anything to go wrong on my end with this!
Old 07-06-2014, 02:42 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
I do have in my auction "payment due within 48 hrs" so that's good to know.
it doesn't matter what you write in the auction, you could say that payment is due in 5 minutes or 5 years...... a NPB claim can be opened after 48 hours and closed 4 days after that.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:43 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
The buyer is in Sweden, he has 48hrs to pay so I'll see what happens there. Until then I need to read into the customs and declarations info since this transaction is high dollar. I don't want anything to go wrong on my end with this!
He has more than 48 hours to pay, you can open a claim in 48 hours, but he still has at least 4 more days to pay after that.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:19 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Its your stuff you can do what you feel is right.I think alot of people misjudge sending cards to Europe.Ive been living here almost 20 years and never had a file claimed against me for a item not received.And ive had over 7800 transactions.Why are you worried about customs?Thats are problem not yours.We pay the cost on top of the purchase price.Ive given you a tip with shipping company if you use normal post it will only show that it entered the country.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:27 PM   #20 (permalink)

Why are you worried about customs?

Because there are many buyers who do not understand how they work and blame the seller for them.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:29 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew82 View Post
Its your stuff you can do what you feel is right.I think alot of people misjudge sending cards to Europe.Ive been living here almost 20 years and never had a file claimed against me for a item not received.And ive had over 7800 transactions.Why are you worried about customs?Thats are problem not yours.We pay the cost on top of the purchase price.Ive given you a tip with shipping company if you use normal post it will only show that it entered the country.
Normally I have no issues shipping international but never anything at $5K! Plus, brand new buyer with no feedback makes me hope they are aware of their customs fees for something like this.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:51 PM   #22 (permalink)

Under store settings, block all countries that you don't ship to.

If you want to ship to US only, that is your only approach.

If you do want to ship to International I'd suggest signing onto the global shipping program. I've heard good things about that, but don't use it.
benshobbies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:57 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benshobbies View Post
Under store settings, block all countries that you don't ship to.

If you want to ship to US only, that is your only approach.

If you do want to ship to International I'd suggest signing onto the global shipping program. I've heard good things about that, but don't use it.
Typically I only ship in the US, but with this card I knew the international market would be bigger.

The Ebay Global Shipping can only be used for items $2500 and below

I've already been in contact with the buyer and everything has been explained to them. They understand and will issue payment soon. I feel a little more at ease after that.

I'll be using UPS Worldwide Saver or Express, both are pretty similar.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Last edited by bjtheman1; 07-06-2014 at 10:01 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:30 PM   #24 (permalink)

I've heard good things about that, but don't use it.

From who? The GSP alone has caused me more headaches from buyers complaining about shipping costs than I ever did before. Had a buyer the other day tell me a 10.00 item that weighs 3 ounces was being shown through the GSP at 22.00 to ship to Canada

Then there was the whole headache I had when they shipped the buyer the wrong package. Took about 3 hours on the phone to get Ebay to follow their own policy on that matter and refund the buyer themselves.

Last edited by shrevecity; 07-06-2014 at 11:29 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:02 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
I've heard good things about that, but don't use it.

From who? The GPS alone has caused me more headaches from buyers complaining about shipping costs than I ever did before. Had a buyer the other day tell me a 10.00 item that weighs 3 ounces was being shown through the GSP at 22.00 to ship to Canada

Then there was the whole headache I had when they shipped the buyer the wrong package. Took about 3 hours on the phone to get Ebay to follow their own policy on that matter and refund the buyer themselves.
GSP sucks used it once and will never use it again.
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote