Blowout Cards Forums
Draft Kings

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2014, 08:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Seattle Card Shops?

I'm heading to Seattle for the weekend (from Toronto). Any good card shops in Seattle or area? Would love to pick up some cards! Thanks
darthaustinius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:02 AM   #2 (permalink)

Mill Creek Sports is the best in the region, but they are in a suburb north of Seattle.

The only other store in town that is still standing is the Card Exchange, on Aurora Blvd. at about 140th.....
mfw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:02 AM   #3 (permalink)

I didnt have a chance to go but maybe my exact thread like this will help.

Seattle area card shop?
Old 08-01-2014, 01:36 AM   #4 (permalink)

Depends on what you are looking for. Many of the shops have closed. There may be a few out there that are hanging on, but they are the minority.

Card Exchange has a lot of singles (stacks and stacks of file boxes of cards and a good 8-10 large display cases with all sports, mainly newer stuff, but a smattering of older. All sports and non-sports too. He has a ton of wax, old to new. Lots of 90s-00s stuff as well as the newest stuff. He is probably the most centrally located card shop left in Seattle. 5 minutes off I-5, but right on Aurora (Hwy 99) at roughly 143rd. It's about 5-10 miles north of downtown. Decent sized shop with a U shape to it, as the display cases line the side and back area of the shop. Decent room to look around, even with a half dozen or more people in there. Ryder is the owner and a real decent guy.

Mill Creek is like going to a mall. They are all about high end stuff. I have only been there once, so it may be a little more average Joe friendly than it appears if you ask around and are looking to buy. They sell a lot of autographs on ebay for what I think is way too much. They also host a lot of in person signings, so they have a large stock of signed items. I was just popping in to kill time and had no intentions of buying anything unless it grabbed me. Nothing did. It's north of downtown, maybe 15-20 miles. It's also a bit off the beaten path, but really only 5-10 minutes off of I-5. the store is larger than many. I don't know any staff there.

DJs is by far my favorite. It is a shop that will remind you of old times. He buys just about anything that walks in the door, so you never know what piles of weird and odd stuff he'll have. He prices most things very fair and to sell, so there is always new stuff there. Lots of bargain items (99 cent bins outside the store, dozens of 25 cent and 99 cent boxes. The shop is small and can be cramped quickly with only 3-4 other people in there. It is pretty well off the beaten path too, although it's really only 5-10 minutes off I-405 in the North/East Renton area. Don (DJ) is the owner and he is a great guy.

Like I said, there may be a few other small one's tucked away, but nothing like it was even 10 years ago when there were a good 10+ locations to browse. i think Staggs in Kent is still open (more coin than card) and Eagle's, also in Kent. Have not been for years and I think I heard it's out of a residential location now. These are both Southeast of Seattle and the airport.

Last edited by mrmopar; 08-01-2014 at 01:38 AM.
mrmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:43 AM   #5 (permalink)

Mill Creek used to have the rights to Ichiro auto/memorbilia after his contract with UD was up. The BEST shop BY FAR in the area is West Coast Sports Cards in Federal Way, which is about 20 minutes south of downtown Seattle. HUGE selection of new/old wax. Would definitely check that out. All of the other shops are dead. Sportscardmint in Bellevue used to be my go to spot but it has since closed. DJs is very overpriced imo...but the owner, Don Joss is a great guy.
ichirorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 02:20 AM   #6 (permalink)

Another thread with info:

Card shows and shops in WA state?

DJ's is my favorite because it's like going to a card show browsing through quarter and dollar boxes. If you want current wax, try Northwest Sportscards near Tacoma, especially because they have their Packwars this Saturday (and free pizza). Card Exchange is closest to downtown, and although they have a wide selection of wax from the past 15 years, I think they're quite overpriced. West Coast in Federal Way is the most spacious, with probably the most cards in their glass cases.

Enjoy your trip here...and you reminded me to get back in touch with a couple of my old friends from TO.
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:44 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthaustinius View Post
I'm heading to Seattle for the weekend (from Toronto). Any good card shops in Seattle or area? Would love to pick up some cards! Thanks
You coming down for the games too? That's awesome!

Always buying Brett Lawrie, PM me with what you have, let's make a deal.
AFarCry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFarCry View Post
You coming down for the games too? That's awesome!
I'm not actually haha. I'm here for (kind of) work/school for two weeks and they just happen to be there while I'm there. Hoping to get to go see a game if the timing works out! Should be good as both teams are in the wild card race (weird to be saying that as a Jays fan in August lol)!!
Old 08-01-2014, 01:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Wolfie3300

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthaustinius View Post
I'm not actually haha. I'm here for (kind of) work/school for two weeks and they just happen to be there while I'm there. Hoping to get to go see a game if the timing works out! Should be good as both teams are in the wild card race (weird to be saying that as a Jays fan in August lol)!!
My mind is blown, hard to believe you are saying that as well. Good luck on your travels out there. Have a fun trip!
Old 08-01-2014, 02:12 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichirorox View Post
Mill Creek used to have the rights to Ichiro auto/memorbilia after his contract with UD was up. The BEST shop BY FAR in the area is West Coast Sports Cards in Federal Way, which is about 20 minutes south of downtown Seattle. HUGE selection of new/old wax. Would definitely check that out. All of the other shops are dead. Sportscardmint in Bellevue used to be my go to spot but it has since closed. DJs is very overpriced imo...but the owner, Don Joss is a great guy.
I never checked out west coast before but looks like I need to check it out. Dj's is my go to shop and I live in renton so its the closest as well. Love the user name!

http://theichirovault.blogspot.com/
iamtony33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:42 PM   #11 (permalink)

card exchange on aurora hands down, best prices (better than a certain website)
just be careful the 9% sales tax stacks high quick
Insidespica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:03 PM   #12 (permalink)

Wanted to update you guys!
I ended up going to two of the card shops that were recommended (wanted to check out DJs today but closed Sundays).

Went to West Coast in Federal Way - HUGE card store (especially when small shops in Canada are my reference). Had a pretty good selection of wax from past 15 years but overall singles were super high priced and boxes were okay priced. I bought a box of Bowman Draft 2012 and pulled a beautiful Joey Gallo so maybe I'm thinking more highly of it than it was

Went to Northwest Sportscards last night for their pack wars. All I can say is AMAZING! They kept telling me last night was a poor turnout (I'd say 30ish people) but I thought it was great. Got a cool variety of cards that I normally never would buy. Pulled a SWEET Mike Zunino Jumbo auto relic /10 from 2014 Museum, and seeing as I was surrounded by Mariners fans, managed to make a GREAT trade in my favour (traded it for a 1989 Barry Sanders Rookie in mint condition, a 1966 Pete Rose card in pretty good shape, a Marcus Stroman 2014 Bowman Platinum Relic/Auto and an Aaron Sanchez Red Patch Auto Relic /25 - last two are awesome PC items). Card store owner and staff are super and loved to chat to me about being a Canadian! Met a great veteran too who may become a trading partner! Free pizza, good laughs and people even had chances to win 600/700 dollar Ernie Banks and Mickey Mantle cards. They gave away like a thousand dollars worth of stuff throughout the evening. They had great prices and the best stock I have ever seen at a card shop. Would highly recommend making a trip to this shop if visiting West Washington State (45 mins south of Seattle). Thanks a bunch Northwest!