Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2014, 09:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default East Coast National Attendees and Questions

So it is confirmed, I am attending my first card show ever. That card show happens to be the East Coast National in White Plains, NY. For those who have gone in years past, I have a few questions. I also would like to see what Blowout members are going. I will be going Sunday the 17th.

Some questions:

Should I bring some cards I have to try and trade at the show?

What kinds of wax will be there? I want to try and buy one box.

What kinds of cards can I expect? A ton of vintage? Prospects? Etc.

Are the prices ok? I expect to be a bit over priced, but I don't want to be overpaying for some cards buy 25-35%.

Thanks for any information and help.
mweber012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

it's a nice little show honestly, not the greatest. Might find a steal but I highly doubt. there is good amount of wax to bust as well. bgs is on sight for RCR's all weekend i believe. Yea you can definitely trade or even sell at the show.
elimanningbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

1. You should bring cards to the show to either sell or trade.

2. Any wax you are looking for will be there.

3. There is a good mix of everything vintage to high end prospects and everything in between.

4. Prices are fine. What you have to remember is while you don't see the people that are setup paying a fee there is a hefty fee to be on the other side of the table. I am setting up w/Kazmir114 and the booth is $500 for the 4 days. That means I need to sell $2500 worth of cards to pay 10% fees ($250 b/c we are splitting the cost). Don't try to use the "well you're not paying eBay fees" line. It doesn't make sense but when you are not paying to setup you don't see that.

If you've seen my f/s thread you know what is mine, come by and introduce yourself. As a seller there Sunday is the best day to "get a deal" because if I haven't recouped my costs already that is the day I want to make sure I do it.

We will be setup near the beckett booth.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
ND3

You should not waste your time. Dealers are over priced.

Only worth it depending on if you are dropping off grading submissions.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

I will most likely be going for sure...

Its a great show and always a fun day

I have been going for the past maybe 4 years like 3 times a year

I have to admit tho, don't expect to get amazing deals there

As "jewcer2k5" said, it is expensive to setup and therefore on singles some guys have tons of crazy cards and ask double ebay....

When I go to the show I expect to pay ebay prices or slightly higher...

The booth guys are very very friendly and cool.... very easy to trade with (makes it even funner)
jbmets95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

Is BGS (Raw Reviews) and PSA there EVERY day of the 4 days??
Shinypsptitans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND3 View Post

The problem is that EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE wants a deal. So even if a card sells for $25 and I have it priced at $20 someone buying it will say, how about $18. Cards are priced to leave room for negotiation b/c it's gonna happen NO MATTER WHAT.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinypsptitans View Post
Is BGS (Raw Reviews) and PSA there EVERY day of the 4 days??
BGS is but you will need to get there early to drop cards off for grading if you want them back that day. They get VERY backed up usually so if you really want them come on Thursday or Friday as they will be slower. If you come mid-day Saturday they may not be taking submissions or will tell you that you need to come back on Sunday to pick them up.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmets95 View Post
I will most likely be going for sure...

Its a great show and always a fun day

I have been going for the past maybe 4 years like 3 times a year

I have to admit tho, don't expect to get amazing deals there

As "jewcer2k5" said, it is expensive to setup and therefore on singles some guys have tons of crazy cards and ask double ebay....

When I go to the show I expect to pay ebay prices or slightly higher...

The booth guys are very very friendly and cool.... very easy to trade with (makes it even funner)
Sounds like fun. I can't wait to go.
mweber012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

I go all the time and I dont know why at this point. Last time I went i was finishing up a vintage bowman set and it was a waste of time. I understand set up fees etc but that does not now get you 65%-125% more than ebay for raw vintage in pretty rough shape. There are several dealers a few of us refer to as the museums. Their set up never changes neither does their inventory due to their prices, nice stuff to look at but no one is buying at those prices lol

Last edited by tonedef2oo8; 08-03-2014 at 10:10 PM.
tonedef2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:13 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedef2oo8 View Post
I go all the time and I dont know why at this point. Last time I went i was finishing up a vintage bowman set and it was a waste of time. I understand set up fees etc but that does not now get you 65%-125% more than ebay for raw vintage in pretty rough shape. There are several dealers a few of us refer to as the museums. Their set up never changes neither does their inventory due to their prices, nice stuff to look at but no one is buying at those prices lol
I only deal in modern cards but I agree that kind of ask is crazy, especially on raw vintage cards. I am open to offers on anything that I have for sale at all times.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:21 PM   #12 (permalink)

I'll be going to get some cards reviewed and hang out with some friends. Show has always been good to me IMO but to each their own.
papiis01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:57 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND3 View Post

not always true. last year i got a matt harvey 2010 draft blue refractor for $12. at the time the card was getting 40+ on ebay. the guy who sold it to me seemed clueless as to how awesome harvey was pitching at the time.

I will be there again this year and ill be looking to bust a little wax and pick up some pc items/ chrome autos. Hopefully i will be able to contribute to Jewcer's fee payment fund.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
ND3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo27 View Post
not always true. last year i got a matt harvey 2010 draft blue refractor for $12. at the time the card was getting 40+ on ebay. the guy who sold it to me seemed clueless as to how awesome harvey was pitching at the time.

I will be there again this year and ill be looking to bust a little wax and pick up some pc items/ chrome autos. Hopefully i will be able to contribute to Jewcer's fee payment fund.
Well seems that you got the deal of the show.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:17 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo27 View Post

I appreciate you.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:28 PM   #16 (permalink)

If anyone here is going please shower and wear deodorant. Last time I went to a White Plains I almost barfed smelling some of the body odors.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:00 AM   #17 (permalink)

i'll be there on sunday august 17 and i love this show!
setman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:03 AM   #18 (permalink)

Though these shows are usually overpriced, I guarantee there's a few steals you can find. I went to one of the bigger shows here in RI and always find myself a few steals. There will ALWAYS be the overpriced guys who have the same exact inventory as the last time you saw them. It's just inevitable. But hopefully you find yourself some bargains along the way.