Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 07:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

Default July - Chantilly, VA

As always, I'll be there along with a few others on the board...good mix of football, non-HOF, HOF, Heisman, Steelers, and Dolphins 17-0 part II. If you want anything signed, let me know and I'll get it done for you without the extra 'mail order' fee...

Collectors' Showcase of America

Just confirmed for the next Show at Chantilly, this Summer July 9-10-11, 2010: The NFL's only 5 time Super Bowl Winner Charles Haley, and 1991 Heisman Winner & SB XXXI MVP Desmond Howard (currently ranked #22 Most Requested), to join the Dolphins' "Marks Brothers", Pro Bowlers Mark Clayton & Mark Super Duper, '70 Heisman Winner, SB XV MVP Jim Plunkett, '71 Heisman Winner Pat Sullivan, '92 Heisman Winner Gino Torretta, Steelers' Merril Hoge, Donnie Shell, Mike Wallace, Washington Nationals' Josh "The Hammer" Willingham, NFL HOFers Lem Barney, Elvin Bethea, Earl Campbell, Fred Dean, Joe DeLamielleure, Bud Grant, Joe Greene, John Hannah, Sam Huff, Michael Irvin, Jimmy Johnson, Leroy Kelly, Paul Krause, Jack Lambert, Willie Lanier, Marv Levy, Dan Marino, Bobby Mitchell, Billy Shaw, Jan Stenerud, & Rayfield Wright, 2010 Hall of Famers, Rickey Jackson, Floyd Little & John Randle. Perfect Season Reunion, Part 2, Marlin Briscoe, Nick Buoniconti, Larry Csonka, Norm Evans, Vern Den Herder, Marv Fleming, Hubert Ginn, Curtis Johnson, Bob Kuechenberg, Lloyd Mumphord, Larry Seiple, Bill Stanfill, Paul Warfield, & Garo Yepremian. Colts' HOFers Raymond Berry, Art Donovan, Gino Marchetti, Lenny Moore. SB XXXV MVP Ray Lewis & SB XL MVP Hines Ward. And Harlem Globetrotters' legends Meadowlark Lemon & Curly Neal! -- That's 33 Hall of Famers!!! And that's our lineup!

Just confirmed for the Forward Autograph Area: Former WWE Diva Dawn Marie ($15 any item, Sat. 2-4), and former Heavyweight Champions of the World Riddick Bowe (flats $20, gloves/trunks $30) & Leon Spinks ($20 any item, Sat. 10-2). Former Oriole Joe Durham ($10 any item, Sat. 11-2). Former Dodger & '61 Yankee Danny McDevitt ($10 any item, proceeds from Durham & McDevitt benefit Breast Cancer Awareness). Current Redskins H.B. Blades & Devin Thomas (each $15 any item, Sat. 11:30-1) & new member of the Redskins' Ring of Fame Brian Mitchell ($20 any item, Sat. 2:30-3:30 ); Blades, Mitchell & Thomas courtesy of The Philadelphia Connection.

If you having girl problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems, but a b**** aint' one.
MrSnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

I went today, thought it was under par for a Chantilly show. Barely any 2010 rookie auto's and just a less than average selection of other cards. There were 2 tables that I really liked but both guys were charging 90% of top book value for everything he had. I mainly went to get Ray Lewis to sign an 8x10 that I already had Flacco sign. He didn't allow any pictures. Chantilly is getting worse but it's still the best show around. Anyone else go?
Old 07-11-2010, 07:42 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to allhockey

Quote:
=thought it was under par for a Chantilly show. Barely any 2010 rookie auto's and just a less than average selection of other cards. There were 2 tables that I really liked but both guys were charging 90%...... Chantilly is getting worse but it's still the best show around. Anyone else go?
Typically the CSA summer show is the weakest of the 3 shows, folks are busy with events and vacations. The auto group for this show is weak imho.......I am set up there as per usual and business is off dramatically from last March. I expected that. I suspect many folks in this area are saving up for the National in Balmer in one month's time. I think the results of the show are a by-product of the horrible efforts Upper Deck & Topps etc with their marketing and card releases. Most products provide zero value. UD's collation remains just awful, they are simply just an embarassment to the card industry. It is the hobby that continues it's slow death spiral. You are most correct in saying that CSA Chantilly is best show around in the mid Atlantic, it simply is for better or worse. Enjoy it when it is in town for it is all we have.
allhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

How the hell did I not know about this. It's just down the road and the '72 Dolphins along with Dan the Man were there. I am so disappointed I missed this.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote