Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2014, 04:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Item I have on eBay?

So I have a card listed on eBay with a BIN of $150, over the past few days the same card has sold with other BIN's anywhere from $145 - $170. Not that I am whining but what gives?

I didn't want to list the item in this thread as I am not "promoting" it, more so just wondering why mine is not selling and others are.

One item I had incorrectly set was that I did not offer returns, not sure if that would be a big deal or not since eBay still lets a person do that I believe even if the seller does not offer it.

Thoughts?

Thank you,
Zach
Old 08-19-2014, 04:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

well with the $30 off coupon off $150 purchase, im shocked it hasnt been snagged yet! I guess the return thing could turn away some... I always offer returns so i dont turn away those who it does worry... and like you said ebay will give them the refund anyways...
cardsharkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsharkk View Post
well with the $30 off coupon off $150 purchase, im shocked it hasnt been snagged yet! I guess the return thing could turn away some... I always offer it so i dont turn away those whos it does worry...
Hmmm, I guess for me\my selling personally I wanted to make sure I didn't have something hosed on my listing(s). Not sure what that would be, but I do have 100% feedback eBay-wise. Ahh well I guess it is what it is.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

I see one sold for $163 in auction day ago... maybe try a 1 day auction starting at $150, i bet you'd prob get a bid right off... as werid as that sounds

Ps: Maybe its that there is 5 days left, and buyers think they have time to buy it... thats why i think maybe the 1 day? Never know with ebay? lol
cardsharkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsharkk View Post
I see one sold for $163 in auction day ago... mayve try a 1 day auction starting at $150, i bet you'd prob get a bid right off... as werid as that sounds

PS Maybe its the 5 days left thing buyer think they have time to buy it... thats why i think maybe the 1 day? Never know with ebay? lol
Yeah good point, I always search and sort via the newly listed method, just to be able to hit stuff off as soon as it's posted and nab a deal. I guess we all use different methods.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

It's probably just random variation. Or it could be the glare from the flash.

The cheapest Buy It Now I see is $234.99 plus $3 shipping, so maybe you could list yours at $237.95 with free shipping or best offer and someone might offer you at least $150, or you can counter a lower offer with $150.

Or, as suggested earlier, a 1-day auction starting at $150, perhaps with a Buy It Now of $195 or so (BIN has to be 30% above opening bid, I think).
Old 08-19-2014, 06:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

most people do best match searches and this favors the more experienced sellers over the less experienced sellers, i have had the same experience as u and watched others sell the exact same card faster and for more $

if u are gonna do buy nows i would try to switch to 5 days or 7 day buy nows and make sure u use the auto relist option, u could even put it as a 3 day buy now and auto relist it for 12 days total, most buy nows sell when u list them or when they are near ending or being relisted, many buyers don't understand that items will be auto relisted and if they want the card they just need a lil persuading to pull the trigger sometimes

if u put it up in an auction w a price u are ok w moving it @ it could of already sold and u never know it could of gotten bid up past $170, buy nows can never go for more than the asking price, auctions work the same way most bids are put in within a few hours or seconds of it ending, most buyers prefer auctions over buy nows just not usually for higher end cards but u never know

Last edited by Johnson; 08-19-2014 at 06:23 PM.
Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson View Post
most people do best match searches and this favors the more experienced sellers over the less experienced sellers, i have had the same experience as u and watched others sell the exact same card faster and for more $

if u are gonna do buy nows i would try to switch to 5 days or 7 day buy nows and make sure u use the auto relist option, u could even put it as a 3 day buy now and auto relist it for 12 days total, most buy nows sell when u list them or when they are near ending or being relisted, many buyers don't understand that items will be auto relisted and if they want the card they just need a lil persuading to pull the trigger sometimes

if u put it up in an auction w a price u are ok w moving it @ it could of already sold and u never know it could of gotten bid up past $170, buy nows can never go for more than the asking price, auctions work the same way most bids are put in within a few hours or seconds of it ending, most buyers prefer auctions over buy nows just not usually for higher end cards but u never know
Very interesting and legit points, thank you.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakesidez View Post
Very interesting and legit points, thank you.
a lot of your success or failure on ebay will be understanding how best match works and most of what i have learned is from my own searches as a buyer and seeing what pops up and trying to figure out why it did

from what i've read and seen sometimes it can just be random but no1 really knows why because there's so many determining factors that go into it, don't be afraid to experiment w advice u get or things u think of also because there is a luck factor w having an item listed or end @ just the right time
Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote