Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2014, 08:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default COMC Question

Say I send in baseball cards to COMC and they don't sell after a long time. If I want them to send my cards back, what is the fee? Thanks.
sandesportsshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

.25 a piece
tkraft24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

.25 per card or 1.00 per slabbed. I don't recommend doing this (sent back to you).
Old 11-17-2014, 08:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

Would you guys even recommend using the site? And if so for what tier of cards?
Old 11-17-2014, 08:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandesportsshop View Post
Would you guys even recommend using the site? And if so for what tier of cards?
I love the site (check out the link below for all the info you can handle). I just don't recommend ever having your own cards returned to you as it is too expensive. Better to just lower the price until they get purchased.

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping - Blowout Cards Forums
Old 11-17-2014, 08:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

Meh, it's better for buying than selling, that's for sure. It's alright if you do your homework. Don't send stuff that's already on the site in huge quantities. Remember that each card will cost you fifty cents.....quarter to process, quarter to ship.....so .50 is the break even point.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkraft24 View Post
Meh, it's better for buying than selling, that's for sure. It's alright if you do your homework. Don't send stuff that's already on the site in huge quantities. Remember that each card will cost you fifty cents.....quarter to process, quarter to ship.....so .50 is the break even point.
.25 per card to ship there isn't accurate. I am able to send in 600 cards at a time for around 15 bucks, and that's cross country. That comes out to about 2.5 cents per card. The .25 cents is only for if you have it sent back to you, which should be the last resort.
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:43 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
.25 per card to ship there isn't accurate. I am able to send in 600 cards at a time for around 15 bucks, and that's cross country. That comes out to about 2.5 cents per card. The .25 cents is only for if you have it sent back to you, which should be the last resort.
That's not what I'm referring to.

A quarter is added on to the price of each card for shipping. So if you think your going to sell a card for a buck than the buyer would see it as 1.25.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:

A quarter is added on to the price of each card for shipping. So if you think your going to sell a card for a buck than the buyer would see it as 1.25.
True, but the .25 doesn't come out of your pocket, it comes out of your sale price. If you send in the card, you are only paying .25 + your cost to ship to them. The buyer pays the other .25 cents, so if you list the card for .30 cents, the buyer is really buying it for .55 cents. Just a clarification, don't want the OP to think it costs .50 to sell a card.
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
True, but the .25 doesn't come out of your pocket, it comes out of your sale price. If you send in the card, you are only paying .25 + your cost to ship to them. The buyer pays the other .25 cents, so if you list the card for .30 cents, the buyer is really buying it for .55 cents. Just a clarification, don't want the OP to think it costs .50 to sell a card.
It kind of does though. It's kind of tricky how they do things. I feel like people always see stuff listed for a buck and think, I can sell that for .75......but really what your seeing for a buck is already listed for .75 by the sellers.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:53 PM   #11 (permalink)

Thanks for the help guys. What would you guys consider to be the best tier of cards to sell? Upper, medium, or lower? Or does it not really matter?
Old 11-17-2014, 08:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

Whatever your willing to sell at good prices without having to deal with the hassle of listing, promoting, and shipping. Fees can be high if you plan on cashing out. Nonissue if you spend the money on other cards or lesser issue if you exchange for BO credit
Old 11-17-2014, 08:58 PM   #13 (permalink)

Thanks for all the help guys!
Old 11-17-2014, 09:01 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
It kind of does though. It's kind of tricky how they do things. I feel like people always see stuff listed for a buck and think, I can sell that for .75......but really what your seeing for a buck is already listed for .75 by the sellers.
tkraft,
so you're saying that when I send a card in to be listed, I will be charged 50 cents to sell it.?
Old 11-17-2014, 09:02 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Whatever your willing to sell at good prices without having to deal with the hassle of listing, promoting, and shipping. Fees can be high if you plan on cashing out. Nonissue if you spend the money on other cards or lesser issue if you exchange for BO credit
I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say. You are completely wrong about this and Ajax was spot on. It costs .25 to have a card submitted and whatever your costs were to ship them to COMC. I send batches of 2,000+ for $15 flat rate which breaks down to less than a penny per card. Therefore, I am hitting break even at .26 or better. It doesn't matter what the buyer has to pay in this scenario. It costs .25 to list a card at the basic submission level or .50 per for a card that you will sell for $50+ or $1.00 for a slabbed card. The back end shipping cost isn't relevant as far as selling.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:06 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post
tkraft,
so you're saying that when I send a card in to be listed, I will be charged 50 cents to sell it.?
.25 up front and .25 is added to whatever price you want. I'm suggesting that most newbies don't realize the latter and think they'll send in a card and sell it for .75 to make a quick .5. But for the seller to get .75' the buyer must be willing to pay 1
Old 11-17-2014, 09:11 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
.25 up front and .25 is added to whatever price you want. I'm suggesting that most newbies don't realize the latter and think they'll send in a card and sell it for .75 to make a quick .5. But for the seller to get .75' the buyer must be willing to pay 1
Are you drunk?
Old 11-17-2014, 09:11 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Props to Ajax and jmscoggin for getting it right.

When you're setting your prices, we'll show you the S&H fees so you see what the buyers will see when they're shopping for cards. The buyer pays that S&H fee, not the seller.

So, if you set your price at $1, you'll get that $1 when the card sells - unless you accept a lower offer, but that's between you and the buyer. Either way, you get the amount you're asking for, when you sell the card. We don't hit you with two .25 cent fees for selling 1 card.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:15 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say. You are completely wrong about this and Ajax was spot on. It costs .25 to have a card submitted and whatever your costs were to ship them to COMC. I send batches of 2,000+ for $15 flat rate which breaks down to less than a penny per card. Therefore, I am hitting break even at .26 or better. It doesn't matter what the buyer has to pay in this scenario. It costs .25 to list a card at the basic submission level or .50 per for a card that you will sell for $50+ or $1.00 for a slabbed card. The back end shipping cost isn't relevant as far as selling.
Are you in 'simplified shipping mode' or advanced reselling mode?
Old 11-17-2014, 09:16 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeCOMC View Post
Props to Ajax and jmscoggin for getting it right.

When you're setting your prices, we'll show you the S&H fees so you see what the buyers will see when they're shopping for cards. The buyer pays that S&H fee, not the seller.

So, if you set your price at $1, you'll get that $1 when the card sells - unless you accept a lower offer, but that's between you and the buyer. Either way, you get the amount you're asking for, when you sell the card. We don't hit you with two .25 cent fees for selling 1 card.
Correct but the buyer must be willing to pay 1.25 for the 1.00 card.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:18 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Are you in 'simplified shipping mode' or advanced reselling mode?
Doesn't matter, if I send in a basic card I am charged .25 to have it submitted and made live on the site. If someone offers me .26 than I make a penny. You are getting confused on what it costs a buyer which would be .51 (.26 for purchase and .25 for shipping). That isn't relevant to a seller and their bottom line, quit trying to confuse the op. The modes that you refer to have to do with buying not selling.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:21 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Correct but the buyer must be willing to pay 1.25 for the 1.00 card.
Yes, if they're in simplified shipping mode. But, those buyers don't see the extra quarter, as it's part of the final price that they pay. You'll still get your $1.

And, those in Advanced Reselling Mode will see the $1, and that's what they'll pay - if they want to ship the card later, they'll pay that .25 S&H fee when they request their shipment.

Either way, you're only paying the one .25 processing fee.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:22 PM   #23 (permalink)

I think I understand what tkraft24 is saying, it's just a different way of looking at it. I "price" my cards with what the buyer will see. Therefore my "price" is .25 less, and in addition to my submission fee, it's ".50" off what I "list" it for.

It's relative semantics, but say a card is listed at .75, and you want to add another one. In order to have it show as under .75 for most people, you're take afterwards will be under .25.

If I send in a card for .25, I need it to be "listed" or show up on the site at more than .50 to profit from it.

I think this makes sense, it's at least how I figure it out
mredsox89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 09:24 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
Doesn't matter, if I send in a basic card I am charged .25 to have it submitted and made live on the site. If someone offers me .26 than I make a penny. You are getting confused on what it costs a buyer which would be .51 (.26 for purchase and .25 for shipping). That isn't relevant to a seller and their bottom line, quit trying to confuse the op. The modes that you refer to have to do with buying not selling.
Yes, we both understand how things work, haha.

I'm just making it clear that buyers see the price differently than it's priced by the seller. That becomes important with low end cards and sometimes first time sellers don't realize how buyers perceive the price.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:25 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredsox89 View Post
I think I understand what tkraft24 is saying, it's just a different way of looking at it. I "price" my cards with what the buyer will see. Therefore my "price" is .25 less, and in addition to my submission fee, it's ".50" off what I "list" it for.

It's relative semantics, but say a card is listed at .75, and you want to add another one. In order to have it show as under .75 for most people, you're take afterwards will be under .25.

If I send in a card for .25, I need it to be "listed" or show up on the site at more than .50 to profit from it.

I think this makes sense, it's at least how I figure it out
THANK YOU!!!