Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2014, 07:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Selling low end parallels on eBay, singles or lots?

Do you have better luck selling low end parallels as singles or lots on eBay? I have a bunch of parallels to sell, lots have sold at $.99 each on eBay, but for the sake of moving them within 30 days, what is the best way to lot them out? By team, or by player, or by color? Or any combo of those? Just curious as to everyone's tactics.
jandr272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

I do decent selling them individually via fixed price with free shipping using a PWE. Sell between 400 and 600 on a good month when I am really focusing on moving them. Have maybe one buyer every couple of months say they did not get the item. Just refund them and move on.
shrevecity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 11:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
I do decent selling them individually via fixed price with free shipping using a PWE. Sell between 400 and 600 on a good month when I am really focusing on moving them. Have maybe one buyer every couple of months say they did not get the item. Just refund them and move on.
I've been thinking about doing this, but TBH I'm worried about getting a lot of 'item not received' hits since I'm new to selling. I don't want to get banned from selling by eBay after hearing so many horror stories.
jandr272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 11:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandr272 View Post
I've been thinking about doing this, but TBH I'm worried about getting a lot of 'item not received' hits since I'm new to selling. I don't want to get banned from selling by eBay after hearing so many horror stories.
It runs one in like every 1000 or so items and most of the time they don't even open a case. Just be willing to refund the occasional problem and most of the time they will not leave bad feedback. I have gotten more INRs on items that show delivered than on PWEs and in some of them Ebay ruled it no fault so even though Ebay refunded them I get the defect.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

I've found also in past eBay selling that cards going for say $5 and less have a real low probability of a buyer saying they didn't receive the item even when sent in a plain white envelope without tracking.

You will probably hear many folks that are against the idea of eBay and white envelopes but I think after experience the fraud risk is real real low when you are talking sales under $5.

Last edited by LoveItCards; 12-09-2014 at 12:09 PM.
LoveItCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 12:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Another thing you can think about is sticking two stamps on a 4 x 8 padded envelope instead of a plain white envelope. That is about $1 in postage and in my area it can be dropped off at the Post Office or stuck in the mailbox. This would be good for like 2-3 standard size cards in or between one to two top loaders. And you can find these size bubble mailers in bulk on eBay for $0.08 - $0.10 each delivered.
LoveItCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 03:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveItCards View Post
Another thing you can think about is sticking two stamps on a 4 x 8 padded envelope instead of a plain white envelope. That is about $1 in postage and in my area it can be dropped off at the Post Office or stuck in the mailbox. This would be good for like 2-3 standard size cards in or between one to two top loaders. And you can find these size bubble mailers in bulk on eBay for $0.08 - $0.10 each delivered.
Some POs out there will upcharge it on delivery for a padded mailer the rule is they have to be under 1/4 inch thick otherwise it has to go first class parcel for 1.93(online) and most padded mailers are right at that without anything in them
Old 12-09-2014, 03:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveItCards View Post
I've found also in past eBay selling that cards going for say $5 and less have a real low probability of a buyer saying they didn't receive the item even when sent in a plain white envelope without tracking.

You will probably hear many folks that are against the idea of eBay and white envelopes but I think after experience the fraud risk is real real low when you are talking sales under $5.
Some categories the under 10.00 items are the biggest problem items out there, just simply because most sellers will just refund without asking many questions..
Old 12-10-2014, 09:31 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Do you have better luck selling low end parallels as singles or lots on eBay?
I don't know about sport cards, but Non-sport cards sell well as single, lots, or sets. Not matter if they are common or insert cards. The trick is price, condition, good description, and a photo of the item.

Quote:
Some categories the under 10.00 items are the biggest problem items out there, just simply because most sellers will just refund without asking many questions..
As far I can tell as buyer. The big problem is that many sellers just focus in list/post and item using the photo from a similar item. So they don't care about the actual item condition. The most common mistake from trading cards sellers is using the word "Mint" for any card taken from a sealed pack. Selling the cards in bulk, but using the photo of the best card.
My Trading Card Blog http://elperelestradingcards.blogspot.com/
My Pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/elpereles/

Last edited by Kane1; 12-10-2014 at 09:35 AM.
Kane1 is offline   Reply With Quote