Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 08:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default ebay non-payment advice

I've got 3 items that sold on 6/27/2010. Each item was marked as "Please pay in 7 days." It's been more than 10 days. Ebay has sent a late payment notice to the buyers on day 7, and I sent an basic invoice yesterday. I haven't sent anything else, no messages harassing them, just the one invoice yesterday. I have not received payment, no message from the buyer, nothing.

I'm not pissed, or even that concerned really. I just want to do whatever is the easiest thing to do to get my cards back, get my fees back, and not get any negative feedback. My question is this:

Will Ebay automatically proceed with a non-payment claim on the item after a certain amount of time? Or do I have to submit a non-payment claim in order for that to happen. I'm pretty sure I have to submit it, and I have to submit it within 4-32 days of the end of the auction. But I'm not sure if Ebay will do it automatically.

Also, will I get the fees back for the auction?

Finally, will the buyer be able to submit feedback if I file a non-payment claim?

Thanks!

Alex
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:42 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Once the case has been marked non payment I dont think the buyer can leave feedback (I could be wrong, they've changed this around so many times). But once the case is final, you will also get your fees back.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:52 AM   #3 (permalink)

What do you mean when you say "eBay has sent a late payment notice to the buyer"? I wasn't aware that option is available.

Also you can specify a certain amount of time for a Non Paying Bidder notice to be issued automatically. You have to turn that option on in your preferences though.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:02 AM   #4 (permalink)

no you lose out on the auction fees, only get the FVF back

Thats whats is really frustrating for no-pay ebay sales. I have to say though, for some strange reason, non-payers have been cut to about 25% of what I used to have. I am not sure why I have been so lucky lately, but in the last 6 months, I have only had a few that didnt pay.

Last edited by ajmcards; 07-08-2010 at 09:02 AM. Reason: typo
ajmcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatechhokiefan View Post
What do you mean when you say "eBay has sent a late payment notice to the buyer"? I wasn't aware that option is available.
Well, I'm not for sure what Ebay sends exactly. But here's what happens: I normally never send an invoice because Ebay already sends an email to the buyer stating they won the auction and should pay within 7 days. If a buyer hasn't paid in 7 days and I click on Send Invoice, it takes me to a page where I can fill out details of the invoice and click another button to confirm. On top of that page, it also says something like: "Ebay has sent a final notice to the buyer..." something like that. I can't see that now because I've already sent an invoice. But it's something like that. It's probably a final email to the buyer just saying, hey dude you bought this item pay for it you douchebag.

Thanks for the tip on the auto-non-payment thing, I'm going to do that.

And I just remembered, the auctions were free $0.99 listings, so no fees lost, if they would have been. So I'm cool there.

Thanks dudes.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

If you don't have the automatic Unpaid Item Assistant turned on, you have to manually file the NBP claim (and manually close it). If you have it turned on, then it is all automatic.

They have 4 days to pay before you can manually close the case and get your FVF's credited. If they were paid listings, you can relist and get the re-listing fee credited provided the item sells.

Buyers are blocked from leaving feedback if they do not pay for their item(s), so you have no worries there. It even states that on one of the NPB pages.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

Wait....you sent the cards without receiving payment first?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alazarevich View Post
I've got 3 items that sold on 6/27/2010. Each item was marked as "Please pay in 7 days." It's been more than 10 days. Ebay has sent a late payment notice to the buyers on day 7, and I sent an basic invoice yesterday. I haven't sent anything else, no messages harassing them, just the one invoice yesterday. I have not received payment, no message from the buyer, nothing.

I'm not pissed, or even that concerned really. I just want to do whatever is the easiest thing to do to get my cards back, get my fees back, and not get any negative feedback. My question is this:

Will Ebay automatically proceed with a non-payment claim on the item after a certain amount of time? Or do I have to submit a non-payment claim in order for that to happen. I'm pretty sure I have to submit it, and I have to submit it within 4-32 days of the end of the auction. But I'm not sure if Ebay will do it automatically.

Also, will I get the fees back for the auction?

Finally, will the buyer be able to submit feedback if I file a non-payment claim?

Thanks!

Alex
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Wait....you sent the cards without receiving payment first?!?
No, I misspoke, I meant that I want to be able to relist the cards if the buyers don't want them. I would never ship cards unless I receive payment first, unless there was some extraordinary reason to do so.