Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2014, 10:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default COMC question

I just packaged my first COMC order. Approximately 200 cards.

My question is pricing. Do they do the pricing for me? Am I supposed to send a list of what I am sending and the prices associated?? Will they just receive it and then send me a list or spreadsheet and I list my prices that way?
Old 12-20-2014, 10:47 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMarchand1981 View Post
I just packaged my first COMC order. Approximately 200 cards.

My question is pricing. Do they do the pricing for me? Am I supposed to send a list of what I am sending and the prices associated?? Will they just receive it and then send me a list or spreadsheet and I list my prices that way?
No to all. The cards will go 'live' and then you will be able to see them and price them as you wish. You can use Ebay comparisons, other COMC items for comparison or just pull prices out of your arse as Joel does.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

On COMC, your account consists of "credit" and cards. If a card is in your account, you can offer it for sale or you can take physical delivery of the card.

The price you offer the card for is up to you. However, if the asking price is over $50, this might trigger a condition review where someone from COMC will look at the card and make sure it doesn't have any hidden problems and then charge you some fee for that.

If the asking price is over 75 cents ($1 in Simplified Shipping Mode), then at Midnight Seattle time on the first of the month, you will be charged a storage fee of 1 cent for that card. The fee is waived if you submitted the card and it has been live for less than 2 or 3 months (I forget which). Also, there is no storage fee if the card is marked "Not For Sale".

Your account consists of COMC Credit and cards. If you have $0 in your account and a card priced at $5, and I have $5 in my account and no cards, then I can buy the card from you. When I do, $5 credit will transfer from my account to yours and the ownership of the card will transfer from your account to mine.

At that point, I can try to sell the card for a higher price ("flipping"), or I can take physical delivery of the card for an additional charge from COMC.

Some people will do both. They'll buy something, try to get a higher price, then take physical delivery of the unsold items. Or they might submit a bunch of cards, sell what they can to retail buyers, then offer deep discounts on the unsold items, then sell to a port buyer, then use some of the credit to submit more cards, or to buy cards for themselves, or to buy a Blowout gift card, or to cash out, or some combination of this.

You don't have to submit cards to COMC to sell on COMC. You could buy a card which is already on the site and then try to flip it.
Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thank you for the help here Gents. These were the exact answers that I needed. Thank you!!