Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 10:44 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default set selling advice...

Can some of the experienced Ebay sellers give me some tips on set selling. I've got some sets on Ebay, priced with BIN at or below what similar auctions have sold at, yet mine just don't sell. I even offer free shipping. Every card is sleeved and comes in a new card box. Is there something I'm doing in my auctions that set buyers don't like? Or am I missing something? Or do I just need to be patient, sets don't sell well?

Link to my sets for sale: alexlazarevich items - Get great deals on Sports Mem, Cards Fan Shop items on eBay.com!

Thanks in advance.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:14 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Some sell some dont. Always hard to say, but even something as small as 09 and 2009 make a difference (as one search doesnt get both). But I would think the free shipping would help. Pricing seems pretty fair, but set prices do change frequenetly
Old 07-12-2010, 11:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Some sell some dont. Always hard to say, but even something as small as 09 and 2009 make a difference (as one search doesnt get both). But I would think the free shipping would help. Pricing seems pretty fair, but set prices do change frequenetly
Yikes, I didn't know that. Good tip. So, how does searching work? I thought the searches were based on the "item specifics", not the title? Or do they both influence searches?

Either way, my item specific has 2009, but I changed the title to '09'. I also lowered some prices. We'll see what happens.

Question: what about 2010, what is the proper way to shorten that? "'10"? Or just "10"?
Old 07-12-2010, 11:36 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

I know lots of guys will do a title like this (just in case)

2010 10 Topps Football Set Complete 1-440 Sleeved

This way you get both searched (if you put the 10 first you could get a few misdirected people thinking they're getting 10 2010 sets).
Old 07-12-2010, 11:37 AM   #5 (permalink)

Oh yeah, I've seen that too... Genius. Thanks for the tips.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Checklists help. Pain in the butt to write them up, but they do tend to help.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:35 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheDark View Post
Checklists help. Pain in the butt to write them up, but they do tend to help.
Hmm, you mean entire checklists, or just a numbering of the popular cards in the set like...

Set includes:
#111 - Matthew Stafford
#167 - Percy Harvin
#190 - Mark Sanchez
etc.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alazarevich View Post
Hmm, you mean entire checklists, or just a numbering of the popular cards in the set like...

Set includes:
#111 - Matthew Stafford
#167 - Percy Harvin
#190 - Mark Sanchez
etc.
I didn't do it halfway, I added full checklists and did see my sales improve, so I don't know if just the "big" cards will work or not. It might or it might not. Everything else about your set auctions looked good to me, a checklist was the only thing I saw that you might want to add.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:29 AM   #9 (permalink)

You should seriously consider putting Best Offer on the cards. Card people on eBay love to make offers. Some offers are lowball, but you'd be surprised how many are very reasonable. A lot of times people are just angling for free postage or something.

If you get several offers on a lot, consider sending it to auction, even if you don't like the price being offered. Offers are an indication of general interest, and usually an item with several offers will sell at auction for some price between the highest offer and your asking price.
checkoutmydeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:42 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkoutmydeals View Post
You should seriously consider putting Best Offer on the cards. Card people on eBay love to make offers. Some offers are lowball, but you'd be surprised how many are very reasonable. A lot of times people are just angling for free postage or something.

If you get several offers on a lot, consider sending it to auction, even if you don't like the price being offered. Offers are an indication of general interest, and usually an item with several offers will sell at auction for some price between the highest offer and your asking price.
Yeah, I had BIN/BO on there for a week or two, not one single offer was made. I just today lowered the BIN and removed the BO. But I'll probably add the BO tomorrow, I think you are right about that. I like to submit a BO when I'm bidding, even if it's a small discount, makes me feel like I accomplished something.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:56 AM   #11 (permalink)

5 of the sets sold last night, to a single buyer, some kind of dealer it looks like. Looks like I found the sweet spot on price maybe. Anyway, thanks for the help.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:34 AM   #12 (permalink)

All my current sets sold in the last couple of days. I hit some kind of sweet spot, not sure if it was the way it was listed, or price being lower a bit, but the card dealers on Ebay found them and bought all the sets right up. For anyone looking to sell sets and needing some advice, read the above posts, they worked for me!