Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2015, 01:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default COMC Slow Shipping?

So, I made one order from COMC for two very low end cards I got as a good deal. I only spent $6.80 combined including shipping for the two cards. I paid through for the cards on 12/27/14 and have no tracking number and nothing in my purchase history. Is it just slow because of the Boxing Day Sales or is this unusual?
College PC (All Sports): Michigan State, Wake Forest
Lionsman81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 01:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have never immediately shipped a COMC purchase, so I don't know how those cards would/wouldn't show up in your account. But you should have the shipment under your Shipment History, and COMC typically sends an email when a shipment order is placed, filled, and shipped (with tracking #).

If the cards aren't in your purchase history and no shipment is showing up, there's a very good chance the purchase didn't go through.
stc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 02:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionsman81 View Post
So, I made one order from COMC for two very low end cards I got as a good deal. I only spent $6.80 combined including shipping for the two cards. I paid through for the cards on 12/27/14 and have no tracking number and nothing in my purchase history. Is it just slow because of the Boxing Day Sales or is this unusual?
Were you logged in?
Auto-accept at 5% off asking price. Minimum offer at 50% off asking price!
Bars and Bar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 02:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

The standard shipping service states cards will be packaged within one week. You are right on the cusp of that now, likely due to the holidays and boxing day sales. I would suspect you should here something soon. If not, shoot em an email .
Old 01-05-2015, 05:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

Hi! We've been getting a lot of inquiries about slow shipments - we have a lot of orders where there were cards within the order that were located at the Canadian warehouse. We're shipping those cards to the US warehouse and when they arrive, we'll be getting those orders shipped out, as soon as possible. Sorry for the delays.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeCOMC View Post
Hi! We've been getting a lot of inquiries about slow shipments - we have a lot of orders where there were cards within the order that were located at the Canadian warehouse. We're shipping those cards to the US warehouse and when they arrive, we'll be getting those orders shipped out, as soon as possible. Sorry for the delays.
Thank you! Appreciate it!
College PC (All Sports): Michigan State, Wake Forest
Lionsman81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 01:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

Yeah my order is very,very slow to ship as well...Not very happy and will lay off COMC for a while.Back to Ebay for me
Bergyscup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 02:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

It's been brought up before, but if you choose the $3.00 option - that is the slowest packaging time. They just finished a promo, so obviously they are dealing with a lot of volume. If you pay the rapid which is $1.99 more, you get:

Rapid:
Packaged within 1 business day
Shipped via USPS First Class

So...if shipping time is important, the extra $1.99 is the way to go. On a 100 card order that equates to about 2 cents per card.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:38 PM   #9 (permalink)

I just purchased my first COMC package and paid for the $5. Does that actually get your package shipped out within one business day or is it only packaged. At first I thought it meant shipped in one business day, but after getting the notification message it says within the next few business days. If thats the case not exactly what I thought I was paying for.

Also, can you have the package shipped to someone else's address?
Old 01-06-2015, 02:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGT Masters View Post
I just purchased my first COMC package and paid for the $5. Does that actually get your package shipped out within one business day or is it only packaged. At first I thought it meant shipped in one business day, but after getting the notification message it says within the next few business days. If thats the case not exactly what I thought I was paying for.

Call CS,I just called and the wait was couple of minutes.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:58 PM   #11 (permalink)

I know the packaging is supposed to be within 1 business day - the shipping out part I am not certain of. I usually use this method and it seems like within 24-48 hours my package is tracking.

I don't believe you can on the second question. I would call and double check if you have a few moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGT Masters View Post

Old 01-06-2015, 03:04 PM   #12 (permalink)

I just emailed them and they do allow you to ship to different addresses so that helped my situation. Fudged up and had an item double listed on ebay when I did my bulk listings (thought ebay had a system to catch identical listings?). Same buyer bid on both of them and wouldn't message me back (during or after auctions) and ignored cancel request and paid for them both separately. They bid within 12 hours and I messaged almost immediately. Even ebay wouldn't help me out when I called them when it was still live. Luckily I found the same card on COMC and am having it sent to their house. I just hope since I paid for the $5 shipping they don't take forever to ship. Fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
I know the packaging is supposed to be within 1 business day - the shipping out part I am not certain of. I usually use this method and it seems like within 24-48 hours my package is tracking.

I don't believe you can on the second question. I would call and double check if you have a few moments.
Thanks, I thought it was worded a bit weird. As long as it is shipped out in a reasonable amount of time (since I paid $5) I am fine with it. Seems like a good place to shop. They even refunded me my access paypal in my COMC account almost immediately and didn't hold it ransom and force me to use it there like other sites.

Last edited by BGT Masters; 01-06-2015 at 03:06 PM.
BGT Masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 09:22 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
It's been brought up before, but if you choose the $3.00 option - that is the slowest packaging time. They just finished a promo, so obviously they are dealing with a lot of volume. If you pay the rapid which is $1.99 more, you get:

Rapid:
Packaged within 1 business day
Shipped via USPS First Class

So...if shipping time is important, the extra $1.99 is the way to go. On a 100 card order that equates to about 2 cents per card.
I paid for the Rapid like all other times and my cards were shipped the same day as I requested shipment but not this time.Still no cards.It's ok though I can go elsewhere and I will!!!
Bergyscup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 12:30 PM   #14 (permalink)

I have the same problem. Waiting for an International shipping more than usual (11/27/14-???) always takes less than a month (standard). I was wondering if anyone has the same problem...
Old 01-07-2015, 01:41 PM   #15 (permalink)

comc is essentially an online retailer like many others out there now. folks have an expectation level. i hope they understand that and try to meet it, because they will lose business pretty quickly if they don't. i made a request 12/31 and the status is still "in the next few business days" for a ship date.

express service should be within 24hrs, regular should be within say 3 business days. they should not take longer than 8 calendar days to get a shipment out the door, no matter what. they should have systems in place to make sure they meet a high service standard at all times. if they can't come close to meeting their service standard if they do a shipping special, perhaps they should consider not doing one.

why do you want to set yourself up to look bad? to me, it's mildly ridiculous at this point to not be able to give me a date certain for shipment after basically a week. if the status doesn't change in a couple of days, it's gonna make me wonder if they know where the cards are...i kid, but comc is a pretty unique business, in that they rely on my (or somebody) sending them possibly thousands of dollars worth of property into what is basically a black hole. the service provided by their fulfillment process goes a long way toward bolstering or eroding confidence in the company as a whole. just hope they understand that.
phosgene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 01:48 PM   #16 (permalink)

I paid for rapid shipping around 1 EST Monday, item was shipped today So I'm alright with that.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:55 PM   #17 (permalink)

I think Moe mentioned that some shipments are waiting for cards in Canada to make it to the shipping department in Washington. I think they should just send out what they have with a notice stating the rest are on the way - though I am not sure how cost effective or organized that could be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergyscup View Post
I paid for the Rapid like all other times and my cards were shipped the same day as I requested shipment but not this time.Still no cards.It's ok though I can go elsewhere and I will!!!
Old 01-07-2015, 01:59 PM   #18 (permalink)

I'm not sure how much additional volume the sales generate - I am assuming quite a bit. I would guess that the slow downs occur after sales as that department unburies itself from all of the free shipping offers people take advantage of while still maintaining a normal staffing level. As a seller and buyer I enjoy the advantages of the sale, so I don't mind it taking a little longer to have stuff shipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phosgene View Post
comc is essentially an online retailer like many others out there now. folks have an expectation level. i hope they understand that and try to meet it, because they will lose business pretty quickly if they don't. i made a request 12/31 and the status is still "in the next few business days" for a ship date.

express service should be within 24hrs, regular should be within say 3 business days. they should not take longer than 8 calendar days to get a shipment out the door, no matter what. they should have systems in place to make sure they meet a high service standard at all times. if they can't come close to meeting their service standard if they do a shipping special, perhaps they should consider not doing one.

why do you want to set yourself up to look bad? to me, it's mildly ridiculous at this point to not be able to give me a date certain for shipment after basically a week. if the status doesn't change in a couple of days, it's gonna make me wonder if they know where the cards are...i kid, but comc is a pretty unique business, in that they rely on my (or somebody) sending them possibly thousands of dollars worth of property into what is basically a black hole. the service provided by their fulfillment process goes a long way toward bolstering or eroding confidence in the company as a whole. just hope they understand that.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:06 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by airball View Post
I have the same problem. Waiting for an International shipping more than usual (11/27/14-???) always takes less than a month (standard). I was wondering if anyone has the same problem...
My shipments are taking 2-3 months.And COMC is taking on average 10-13 days to ship the cards once I request the shipment.
brewcrew82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 11:26 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm not sure how much additional volume the sales generate - I am assuming quite a bit. I would guess that the slow downs occur after sales as that department unburies itself from all of the free shipping offers people take advantage of while still maintaining a normal staffing level. As a seller and buyer I enjoy the advantages of the sale, so I don't mind it taking a little longer to have stuff shipped.
Not just after sales.Im still waiting at least 11 Days. Its like they have to make money before they can buy stamps. My cards are shipped once a week no matter how many orders I have..I hate to say this but the service for us buyers is really starting to Suck.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:27 AM   #21 (permalink)

I just received a shipment within the normal time frame. I just selected cheapest shipping and got the package easily within two weeks.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:53 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
I just received a shipment within the normal time frame. I just selected cheapest shipping and got the package easily within two weeks.
You live in the states. My cards take 11 days to be shipped then I wait 2-3 months. Im tired of the slow shipping. I have 2 shipments that were packaged on the 15th that are still waiting to be mailed. WHY ??? I paid for shipping,ship them the day there packed.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:29 PM   #23 (permalink)

As an international package, it has a few extra steps before you can mail it - may be part of the slow down there. You can always pay for shipping upgrades if you don't like the slow shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew82 View Post
You live in the states. My cards take 11 days to be shipped then I wait 2-3 months. Im tired of the slow shipping. I have 2 shipments that were packaged on the 15th that are still waiting to be mailed. WHY ??? I paid for shipping,ship them the day there packed.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:33 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
As an international package, it has a few extra steps before you can mail it - may be part of the slow down there. You can always pay for shipping upgrades if you don't like the slow shipping.
Theres no upgrade the same sticker as on your order. Why are my cards not shipped that were packaged on the 15th ??
Old 01-19-2015, 12:37 PM   #25 (permalink)

Lets word this different. What other COMPANY can get away with holding your order hostage were you paid for shipping 11 days ago. How much would you order from Blowout if they had the same service. I would say the big O.