Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 10:14 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Question About Ebay Protocol

This is the first time this have ever happend to me, so I would appreciate some advice. I bought a card off Ebay, and was told by the seller it was mint. When I got the card, it had a flaw on it that I really don't like. I know different people grade different ways, but this was something that shouldn't have been overlooked.

Regardless, the seller has so far been really helpful. He offered to take the card back for a refund or give me a discount if I wanted to keep the card. My question is, when I return the card, and it's time to leave Ebay feedback, how should that be handeled? Should I be accurate when giving feedback about the items description, or should I give the seller high marks because he's being great to work with about this transaction? Thanks for all the help.
Jacquo1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:19 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquo1972 View Post
This is the first time this have ever happend to me, so I would appreciate some advice. I bought a card off Ebay, and was told by the seller it was mint. When I got the card, it had a flaw on it that I really don't like. I know different people grade different ways, but this was something that shouldn't have been overlooked.

Regardless, the seller has so far been really helpful. He offered to take the card back for a refund or give me a discount if I wanted to keep the card. My question is, when I return the card, and it's time to leave Ebay feedback, how should that be handeled? Should I be accurate when giving feedback about the items description, or should I give the seller high marks because he's being great to work with about this transaction? Thanks for all the help.
What was the item number?
As far as feedback, it seems the seller has been pretty great about everything, possibly other than listing the item as mint.

-I do not send paypal payments as a gift, you pay your fee's and I will pay mine-
www.JLR0747.com
Twitter: @JLR0747
JLR0747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:19 AM   #3 (permalink)

Without knowing the nature of the defect on the card, it seems the seller is being very accommodating and doesn't deserve any type of neutral or negative feedback.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:34 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatechhokiefan View Post
Without knowing the nature of the defect on the card, it seems the seller is being very accommodating and doesn't deserve any type of neutral or negative feedback.
There was a small stain or smudge on the back of the card. If it wasn't there, the card would have definately been mint. I'm bummed because I really wanted that card for my PC.

I'm going to give the seller high marks. I think it was just an oversight on his part. He's been really helpful, and I don't know if this is common, but he's already refunded my money before he got his card back. I would buy from this guy again.
Jacquo1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:15 AM   #5 (permalink)

Under detailed seller ratings, you could leave only 4/5 stars for "item description", or even lower if it's a big smudge that was overlooked. But I think it's cool you left an overall rating of "positive", since the seller did try to correct the mistake by refunding. Everyone makes mistakes. Cool sellers try to make up for them.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

I'm sorry this happened to you.

Feedback is optional and DSR's are optional. The seller is being accommodating to you and in my opinion does not deserve to have his stars dinged.

If you don't feel they deserve 5 stars, it's better just to leave the star blank. You can leave some stars and not others. For instance, you could leave 5 stars for communication and blank stars for "item as described".
checkoutmydeals is offline   Reply With Quote