Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 10:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Some ufjumper7 proof

Not that you needed it, but here is a before and after...for your enjoyment:

ebay auction #120596190437

BEFORE:

AFTER:
nflbackspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Nice job. Are you going to report him to ebay?
soccerkid5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Well that second patch is just lovely! I'll probably never buy another auto patch off eBay again.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

I've reported him before. They don't care.
nflbackspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

damnnnn .
Old 07-15-2010, 11:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

This stuff pisses me off. If you check the stuff he has bought, you can see what he's doing. He even bought a Chris Johnson Jersey & if you look, he has some really nice Johnson Logo patches. I wonder where those came from. He also sold another Beanie Wells SP Authentic Auto Patch & if you look at hte patch, it's from the back of the Cardinal head which probably came from the same patch as the card listed in this post.
bled11qb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by Krusin; 09-21-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Krusin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

hes one of ebays most notorious patch fakers. Im surprised he has such high feedback

anusinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

If anyone thinks they're real, just do a google search of ufjumper7, a whole lot of fake patch threads:
ufjumper7 - Google Search
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:58 AM   #10 (permalink)

Has anyone tried reporting him to Upper Deck with this proof? Off the top of my head (as just graduating law school and studying for the bar), they could AT least have a copyright infringement claim against him...maybe they would care to contact eBay and it might hold more water?

LOOKING FOR ANY 2009 DONRUSS ELITE THROWBACK THREADS PRIME 2 OR MORE COLOR DUAL PATCHES!!
Bibbseat55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:30 AM   #11 (permalink)

As someone who bought an Exquisite Adrian Peterson and Exquisite Matt Ryan patch from him in a deal that totaled over $2000, I can assure you that both eBay and UD don't care. Fortunately, I know how to track him down and was able to get a refund on the deal after about a month. I've met the guy at shows a handful of times and didn't think twice about buying the lot when it was presented. Please let me suggest to you all - STAY AWAY!

This deal was the one that had me change my entire philosophy of what cards I wanted to deal in. I used to have showcases of beautiful patches that I picked up on ebay. Now, I tend to stay away from the great patches and prefer the low numbered stuff regardless of patch colors. The only exception being the 2006 - 2008 National Treasures football where they actually put on the card "NFL Logo Shield" or "Jersey Tag" so you know they are real.

I had a long conversation with a guy at UD customer service about leasing the technology that COMC uses to keep visual proof of all the high end patches that go out. Maybe not for every product, but certainly for Exquisite and SPA. He sounded interested, but I doubt anything will come of it.

Looking for Andre Dawson Serial numbered cards that are his jersey number - either #8 or #10. So looking for cards like 8/8 or 08/99 or 10/250.
ddearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:00 AM   #12 (permalink)

I can also attest that eBay flat-out does not care. They'd rather have 1,000 counterfeits on their site than yank an innocent listing. They will not yank a listing simply because an eBayer claims it's fake, no matter how well credentialed the claimant is.

One time, a person was selling a reprint of Superman # 1 as an original. It was obviously a reprint. Dozens of eBayers reported the listing, yet the listing stayed. I also reported it as a fake, and nothing. Then I noticed that the listing had copied and pasted text that I had written in an eBay guide about how to detect a fake Superman #1. So I reported them to eBay for stealing my guide text, and they yanked the listing.

The next day, someone else was also selling a Superman #1 reprint as an original. That listing stayed and the worthless comic sold for $2,500.

Unfortunately, the only workaround to the problem is to not buy certain items on eBay, or to buy them from a very reputable dealer who offers an unconditional guarantee. If you're selling a patch with 87 color breaks, you might consider getting it professionally graded first, just to add an extra layer of authenticity. Or, if you can scrounge up some evidence that your particular patch is real, that would help too. (For example, a YouTube video of a box break).

As for Upper Deck, I would expect them to be indifferent to luke warm on the issue, but they ought to care a great deal. This company is selling cases of cards for hundreds or even thousands of dollars. People will only buy those cards if there's a strong likelihood that they can sell the cards on the secondary market for more money.

It certainly wouldn't kill them to have a visual record of the high-end numbered cards being spat out by the factory. If COMC will scan my Jerome Walton rookie card for 15 cents, then Upper Deck could certainly scan a $10,000 card before they stick it in a box of Exquisite.

Considering that Upper Deck came in to being to defeat counterfeit baseball cards with the hologram technology, you'd think they would have been on the case yesterday.
checkoutmydeals is offline   Reply With Quote