Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2010, 07:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Perfect feedback ruined by a moron!

8 years selling on ebay and I finally run into my first moron. Though he didn't leave negative feedback, to me after all this time neutral feedback is just the same. But the funny part is the message the person left admits that he/she is a moron.

Now the details:

The listing:
Brennan Boesch 2007 Bowman Heritage Rookie Card TIGERS - eBay (item 320559639485 end time Jul-10-10 16:59:30 PDT)

The feedback:

I sent this person a response about 10 minutes ago stating:
So let me get this correct, you're an idiot and you admit to being an idiot? Nowhere in the listing do you see "two" or "2", not to mention that every time you see the word "card" it is not followed by an "s" making it plural (meaning more than 1). Not to mention that you got the card for what "1" card sells for.
crazy8parlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:25 AM   #2 (permalink)

Your auction is misleading. Even though it says "card" you should still be clear that you're only bidding on 1.

I might be the minority, but I think it's your fault. Your auction is deceptive. That'll teach ya to scan 2 cards in an auction and not clearly state you're only bidding on 1.

Lesson learned. Move on.
tnarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to chunkbox

agreed... these are sleazy ebay tricks that have been used and abused for years...
( not saying you were doing that ) ... im just saying for me if your only selling 1 card... only post a picture of one card...

i ALWAYS ask the seller if i have a question before hand ( which is what he should have done as well )...

but i wouldnt worry about the bad feedback... its REALLY REALLY hard to never get a ding... just keep doin what youve been doin... youll be fine
Old 07-18-2010, 08:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg View Post
Your auction is misleading. Even though it says "card" you should still be clear that you're only bidding on 1.

I might be the minority, but I think it's your fault. Your auction is deceptive. That'll teach ya to scan 2 cards in an auction and not clearly state you're only bidding on 1.

Lesson learned. Move on.

I sold 4 of them this way. This is the only moron who couldn't read. It's not misleading. People show photos of multiple cards all the time, doesn't mean they are all included. Plus, 2 of them sell for well over $20. He/She got hers for $11. So he/she even paid the price of 1. Heck, people show photos all the time where the card they are selling isn't even in the photo.

Nothing deceptive about it and if the buyer would have read and had any question to the listing he/she should have then asked first. You don't bid and hope for the best. That's just stupid.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

I was actually disappointed in what I got for this one being the one sold before it sold for $18.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:46 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy8parlay View Post
I sold 4 of them this way. This is the only moron who couldn't read. It's not misleading. People show photos of multiple cards all the time, doesn't mean they are all included. Plus, 2 of them sell for well over $20. He/She got hers for $11. So he/she even paid the price of 1. Heck, people show photos all the time where the card they are selling isn't even in the photo.

Nothing deceptive about it and if the buyer would have read and had any question to the listing he/she should have then asked first. You don't bid and hope for the best. That's just stupid.
He's not a moron. You didn't state it is only for one. So you didn't pluralize "card", I get that. Either way, it's a catch-22.

I just think it's funny when sellers complain about their vague auctions when things don't go their way.

And yeah, people have group scans some time...but usually they specify which card you're receiving and/or how many you'll receive.

I've got zero sympathy for you, and I'm glad that buyer left you a neutral.

If it sold for $20 +, you wouldn't be bitching, would you?
Old 07-18-2010, 08:51 AM   #7 (permalink)

you are probably lucky that he didn't file a snad since you list it as brand new even though it technically isn't.

"Brand New: An item that has never been opened or removed from the manufacturer’s sealing (if applicable). Item is in original shrink wrap (if applicable)."

Everyone gets a ding and a neutral doesn't effect anything like it used to. I'd just move on and not worry about it. The feedback system is flawed big time and unless you are getting negatives I wouldn't sweat it.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg View Post
He's not a moron. You didn't state it is only for one. So you didn't pluralize "card", I get that. Either way, it's a catch-22.

I just think it's funny when sellers complain about their vague auctions when things don't go their way.

And yeah, people have group scans some time...but usually they specify which card you're receiving and/or how many you'll receive.

I've got zero sympathy for you, and I'm glad that buyer left you a neutral.

If it sold for $20 +, you wouldn't be bitching, would you?

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure the the word "card" means "not more than 1". And as I've said, if the buyer would have read, she would have seen that. And if she didn't understand, she should have asked first. And no, I would still be pissed, because I've been a member of ebay since 2002 and this is the first non perfect feedback received as a seller (as I stated at the beginning). Has nothing to do with the price, it's the fact that the buyer is a moron. But you go ahead and keep buying items based on photos, I'm sure you'll have a lot of unhappy experiences. Oh, fix your ebay link, because it goes nowhere.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:14 AM   #9 (permalink)

i think that those new item description choices ("brand new" etc) are giong to cause a lot of problems for card sellers either way eventually,, cuase just like above its listed brand new,, and whats to stop the buyer for saying its not brand new,,, then the sellers out of luck. Should be a better way or better choice descriptions for sports card categories.. IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
you are probably lucky that he didn't file a snad since you list it as brand new even though it technically isn't.

"Brand New: An item that has never been opened or removed from the manufacturer’s sealing (if applicable). Item is in original shrink wrap (if applicable)."

Everyone gets a ding and a neutral doesn't effect anything like it used to. I'd just move on and not worry about it. The feedback system is flawed big time and unless you are getting negatives I wouldn't sweat it.
nanners13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:19 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Sorry, but I'm pretty sure the the word "card" means "not more than 1". And as I've said, if the buyer would have read, she would have seen that. And if she didn't understand, she should have asked first. And no, I would still be pissed, because I've been a member of ebay since 2002 and this is the first non perfect feedback received as a seller (as I stated at the beginning). Has nothing to do with the price, it's the fact that the buyer is a moron. But you go ahead and keep buying items based on photos, I'm sure you'll have a lot of unhappy experiences. Oh, fix your ebay link, because it goes nowhere.

card does mean 1, but its just "1" character in the title so why not add (1) just to avoid any confusion. Some Buyers are dumb these days (especially some of the newer ones) you have to realize on ebay
as the seller its on you! no point in trying wish ,explain or hope any different, and the buyer is always golden. even if you do or dont mess up and there not happy, the buyer almost always has the upper hand.

so easy lesson learned.btw neutral doesnt take your feedback down does it????????? thought only negative does, and you didnt get negative right
Old 07-18-2010, 09:20 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners13 View Post
i think that those new item description choices ("brand new" etc) are giong to cause a lot of problems for card sellers either way eventually,, cuase just like above its listed brand new,, and whats to stop the buyer for saying its not brand new,,, then the sellers out of luck. Should be a better way or better choice descriptions for sports card categories.. IMO
I agree, it is horrible to describe cards in this manner. I use whatever the next one down is to cover myself, amazon is the same way and you can get in some serious issues for listing wrong on their site their buyers and mods are more proactive on condition listings.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:21 AM   #12 (permalink)

ebay just sucks,, gotta have it and cant live without it, bummer
Old 07-18-2010, 09:35 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners13 View Post
card does mean 1, but its just "1" character in the title so why not add (1) just to avoid any confusion. Some Buyers are dumb these days (especially some of the newer ones) you have to realize on ebay
as the seller its on you! no point in trying wish ,explain or hope any different, and the buyer is always golden. even if you do or dont mess up and there not happy, the buyer almost always has the upper hand.

so easy lesson learned.btw neutral doesnt take your feedback down does it????????? thought only negative does, and you didnt get negative right
It doesn't lower your percentage. But I've always made sure that the buyer would be happy with the card, how the card was shipped, etc... If I wanted to be depective I would do this:

Title: 1969 Camaro Orange with Flames! BIG TIRES!

Description: Beautiful Hot Wheels 1969 Camaro with Orange Flames and Big Tires. MINT CONDITION!

If the person didn't read the description, they would spend $30,000 on this:

100 % HOT WHEELS 1969 PRO STREET CAMARO ORANGE W/ FL - eBay (item 260512524317 end time Jul-22-10 15:28:22 PDT)

And now she's complaining about the $3.00 shipping charge.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:50 AM   #14 (permalink)

never scan multiples of the same card if only one is for sale........... this will solve any description "flaws"...... and i put flaws in quotes because i don't think your description was hard to understand.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:24 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
It doesn't lower your percentage. But I've always made sure that the buyer would be happy with the card, how the card was shipped, etc... If I wanted to be depective I would do this:
Insulting the buyer after the fact isn't the way to a happy customer.
DaClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:33 AM   #16 (permalink)

I would have never bid on your auction in the first place. I learned to read between the Ebay lines that it was truly a bid for one card, but to not understand exactly what condition card I would be receiving is deceitful in my book.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 12:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
I would have never bid on your auction in the first place. I learned to read between the Ebay lines that it was truly a bid for one card, but to not understand exactly what condition card I would be receiving is deceitful in my book.
???

Condition card??

Are you talking about "NrMt or Better". Most people do that. Not many people would say a card is "MINT" because the buyer will try to find one flaw and say it isn't. Which is why people put NrMt or better. If you look at the photos you could pretty much say those cards are above NrMt. Corners are sharp, centering is sharp. Both of those cards were easily above NrMt. But a lot of people are picky about cards so it's better not to say "MINT"
Old 07-18-2010, 12:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Also want to mention, because I totally forgot to and it was early.

This one ended 1 hr and 30 minutes before the moron purchased hers. With Positive feedback left.

Brennan Boesch 2007 Bowman Heritage Rookie Card TIGERS - eBay (item 320555915247 end time Jul-01-10 15:33:23 PDT)
Old 07-18-2010, 12:43 PM   #19 (permalink)

when i saw that auction...... my first question was: which card will i get?

the buyer is an idiot......... not the seller.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post

But if you really look at both cards. They are both sharp.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:01 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post

my vote goes to both
Old 07-18-2010, 01:25 PM   #22 (permalink)

Not knowing which of the two cards the buyer will receive is intentionally deceitful. Heck you could ship an non-pictured off centered card in your mind and still be perfectly OK.

Are you understanding this wakeup call that the board is providing you?

Quote:
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 03:36 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
people like to know which card they are getting. i'm just saying that the buyer is an idiot for thinking he would get both cards and also for not emialing you and asking which card is his.

i'm in your favor on this.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:00 PM   #24 (permalink)

When people have the group scans in one auction they are usually of all different cards. When I see a scan of multiple cards that are the same I generally assume they are being sold as a lot.

Regardless, as a seller on eBay I would never do group scans. It shows potential buyers you are incredibly lazy and that your laziness could rub off on any potential transaction I might have with you.
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:09 PM   #25 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to chunkbox

if you have more than 1 card to use as the card your selling the buyer doesnt know which card hes bidding on ( unless otherwise noted ... the card on the right )... if you dont note or mention otherwise which card in peticular you will get... then as a bidder i wouldnt bid unless i was happy with the selection from the pictures provided...

to avoid any of this mess in the future just use a scan of 1 card... its that easy