Blowout Cards Forums
Super Bowl Flash Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2015, 11:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ships in PWE

Why oh why ?
Shipped to COMC from Ebay.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Should I say PWE in the feedback ?
Any thoughts ?
Old 01-27-2015, 11:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kairi-2008 View Post
Should I say PWE in the feedback ?
Any thoughts ?
how much was shipping? free? even if so I'd says "ships PWE" then what ever positive like "quick shipping & blah blah"
berkey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for making me look.
Says on ebay that it was shipped on the 15th, but envelope clearly says 20th.
Costs for postage was only $1.00
Old 01-27-2015, 11:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for making me look.
Yeah not even quick shipping either (imho), even if you bought the 15th.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

I would not even mention it the card arrived safely. You really expects a 3.00 card that you paid 1.00 shipping to be shipped in anything but a PWE? Anything I sell on Ebay under 5.00 is shipped PWE.

Now the shipping time is another issue, but that could be on the PO jst as much. I dropped off a package Friday at the PO this morning it was still on the counter when I went in there.

Last edited by shrevecity; 01-28-2015 at 12:00 AM.
shrevecity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:01 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
I would not even mention it the card arrived safely.
see i'm the opposite, unless they say it in the description they will ship PWE then I don't mention it. last one I left was something like "Fast shipping, would buy from again, ships PWE" because i know some people don't want their cards shipped PWE.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:04 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkey33 View Post
see i'm the opposite, unless they say it in the description they will ship PWE then I don't mention it. last one I left was something like "Fast shipping, would buy from again, ships PWE" because i know some people don't want their cards shipped PWE.
I have sold more cards since switching to PWE on items under 5.00 than before I made the switch. But I say it in my listings.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:29 AM   #9 (permalink)

Mention it in the feedback. I won't buy from a seller who ships this way and I do review feedback. Other members might appreciate this information too.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:19 AM   #10 (permalink)

I left positive feedback. As I think that was correct.
I mentioned PWE, and the slow postage which was 5 days to ship.
I did however state I was happy with my purchase.

Just because it arrived safely doesn't mean it always will. It shouldn't be standard practice unless agreed upon by both parties.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:49 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
I left positive feedback. As I think that was correct.
I mentioned PWE, and the slow postage which was 5 days to ship.
I did however state I was happy with my purchase.

Just because it arrived safely doesn't mean it always will.
It shouldn't be standard practice unless agreed upon by both parties.
That makes zero sense. No matter how you ship something there is no guarantee it will arrive safely, PWE(done right) does not increase those chances. I have had more cards get damaged shipping in a bubble mailer than PWE. In the past year I have had 3 cards get damaged in shipping and only one was shipped in a PWE. Reason is the USPS tends to keep envelopes seperate from larger packages. Bubble mailers on the other hand often get thrown into the same bin with heavy boxes and packages.

That said a seller who ships in a PWE with a toploader or a thick is increasing the chance for issues. Card Savers are better for PWE shipping because they do not create a lip that snags on the machines.

Last edited by shrevecity; 01-28-2015 at 09:20 AM.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:04 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Mention it in the feedback. I won't buy from a seller who ships this way and I do review feedback. Other members might appreciate this information too.
I scan feedback left of buyers too, those who mention things like this when the item arrived safely and have feedback like this even if positive

I had a special request and he was happy to help. Also making special requests after purchase is in many cases against Ebay rules.

I bought by mistake, but still happy.

I see feedback like this I think PITA buyer and usually block them.

Last edited by shrevecity; 01-28-2015 at 09:23 AM.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:38 PM   #13 (permalink)

Feedback is a wholly individual right and process. You shouldn't let outside influences decide how you felt about a transaction and how you want to address it.

That being said, since you posted it here, I will add my personal opinion on the matter.

First off, about the feedback. You have a right to state in your feedback how the item was sent. You didn't say it was bad or good, you were just stating a fact. By putting in the feedback that the shipping was slow, I think the seller has a case for a false positive feedback that could get removed. If you have a problem with the shipping speed, then that should be addresses in the DSRs where applicable.

Now about getting a card shipped in a PWE. It shouldn't matter one lick to you as a buyer how a seller sends an item as long as it gets to you safely. No where on eBay does it ever state that a card has to be shipped in a bubble mailer or has any specific packaging associated with it. The seller could send the card via carrier pigeon, not in a penny sleeve or toploader and as long as the card gets to you safely, then that's all the seller is responsible for. You should never assume an item will be shipped a certain way and if you need a card shipped a certain way, ask about it before purchasing.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:04 PM   #14 (permalink)

I think the seller has a case for a false positive feedback that could get removed.

According to Ebay buyers cannot leave false positives.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:56 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Just because it arrived safely doesn't mean it always will.

But that is for EVERY form of shipping. There will be exceptions to the card arriving safely every time. There are also very good ideas to make sure that a card is protected in a PWE nearly every time. I'm sure a lot of members have had examples where a card was damaged even in a photo mailer or bubble mailer. I'm a member on Listia, which is mostly a site where sellers offer free shipping on the items. I've sold tons of cards, nearly 2000 auctions, just about all in a PWE and every single one has arrived safely
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 11:20 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Slow shipping seller.

Quote:
In a PWE? It is okay for $1.00 of S&H. Now if you pay $3 for S&H and get a PWE. It is an issue.
My Trading Card Blog http://elperelestradingcards.blogspot.com/
My Pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/elpereles/
Kane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 11:27 PM   #17 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

haha. I had a 1/1 Bat Auto from Leaf Q shipped to me today. No penny sleeve, no plastic top loader. Just a card placed with 2 peices of paper over it, then lightly wrapped in bubble wrap. Packaged inside a bubble mailer..and charged $4 to ship it first class. Card made it with some light scuffing. Given the 1/1 I cant exactly return it. Although I'm not sure their DSR's will ever recover (4 to ship, no feedback, no tracking, 4 days to ship...).
Old Yesterday, 08:30 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
haha. I had a 1/1 Bat Auto from Leaf Q shipped to me today. No penny sleeve, no plastic top loader. Just a card placed with 2 peices of paper over it, then lightly wrapped in bubble wrap. Packaged inside a bubble mailer..and charged $4 to ship it first class. Card made it with some light scuffing. Given the 1/1 I cant exactly return it. Although I'm not sure their DSR's will ever recover (4 to ship, no feedback, no tracking, 4 days to ship...).
This is one of those tricky situations that I think many sellers would disagree with me on. In this case I would probably leave a neutral along with dinging the DSRs. I know the buyer should let the seller know and offer to make it right before leaving a bad feedback, but for something like this, there really is no way to make it right. Return is out of the question because its a 1/1, and even a partial refund wouldn't do this justice where other people need to be informed that he is sending cards unprotected and having them damaged.

Speaking of, could you please let us know the username so I can make sure to avoid this seller?
Old Yesterday, 08:38 AM   #19 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Hard to always say what happened on the sellers end. Thats part of why I like the feedback and rating scales. Gives you an idea if you happened to be the 1 time incident or not. Item number was 181639824235. But not sure they really sell a lot verses break for a collection or fun. They dont have much listed, but its some nice higher end stuff.

Given I got the card safe and sound (card is still nrmt I'd say so hard to know if it was truely damanged and/or where so I left the positive). But my feedback was "No sleeve or topload, just paper and bubble wrap. Thankfully arrived safe"
Old Today, 09:32 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
and charged $4 to ship it first class
Was as Package or as letter?
My Trading Card Blog http://elperelestradingcards.blogspot.com/
My Pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/elpereles/
Kane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:01 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvanho View Post
Now about getting a card shipped in a PWE. It shouldn't matter one lick to you as a buyer how a seller sends an item as long as it gets to you safely. No where on eBay does it ever state that a card has to be shipped in a bubble mailer or has any specific packaging associated with it. The seller could send the card via carrier pigeon, not in a penny sleeve or toploader and as long as the card gets to you safely, then that's all the seller is responsible for. You should never assume an item will be shipped a certain way and if you need a card shipped a certain way, ask about it before purchasing.
I get what you're saying but I think the cost of shipping and the type of item dictate expectations and I think the buyer is within their right to be upset if a seller deviates from what is expected.

Put another way, if I buy a $2 card with free or $1 shipping I fully expect PWE shipping. If I pay $3 to ship the same card I expect the card to be shipped in a bubble mailer. If it's a $50 item I expect shipping in a bubble mailer regardless of the amount paid for shipping. Obviously this all goes out the window when the seller explicitly states the terms of shipping but otherwise I think it's a reasonable rule of thumb.

That said I think PWE shipping gets a bad rap, if done properly it's a perfectly acceptable way to send low end cards. I've shipped many a card PWE in a penny sleeve and Card Saver I and have never had an issue.
nmculbreth is online now   Reply With Quote