Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 07:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,969
Default ebay Cancelling Seller Alert: stockballa & Also ebay Auto-Cancelled My Order

Alright I never post here and I've never had to leave negative feedback on ebay (okay well, once in 2001). Anyway so this Byron Buxton Trinity auction ends today as listed by stockballa alias Player Investments LLC. Nice price, right?

Then I get the auctiva auction e-mail from the seller congratulating me and presenting me with an invoice:

Quote:
Subject: You got it! 261866427141 2013 Leaf Trinity Byron Buxton GOLD AUTO & INSCRIPTION Twins 1st SSP#1/5! >$550! !‏

Body: Congratulations!
You have committed to buy:

2013 Leaf Trinity Byron Buxton GOLD AUTO & INSCRIPTION Twins 1st SSP#1/5! >$550! 261866427141

Be sure to check out my complete list of items for sale in my store.
VIEW OUR STORE SEARCH EBAY
So what do I do? I pay the invoice.

BAM magically the sale is cancelled (note that I most certainly DID NOT agree to that, hell I had even paid for it). And they refund me my money and ebay says that the auction is cancelled. Wait, what? I thought I had to agree to that for it to happen!?

SO I call up ebay and they're like, "Yeah it's not possible for the auction to be cancelled without you agreeing to it so you must have agreed to it." Then things got confusing because the person on the phone couldn't answer my questions (like reading the first line of the listing to me over the phone).

So ebay rep urges me to try to resolve it over messages and then leave negative feedback if I can't buy the item at the price. Here is the conversation in ebay messages:

Quote:
On 4/26/15, 2:47 PM, el-davo wrote:

I didn’t receive my item: el-davo sent a message about 2013 Leaf Trinity Byron Buxton GOLD AUTO & INSCRIPTION Twins 1st SSP#1/5! >$550! #261866427141

Why did you cancel this order? I won this auction, you sent me an invoice, I paid for it. Why issue me a refund?
Quote:
Stockballa: Please read listings for rules or PayPal Refund Note or how canceling auctions require highest bidder to have item before we cancel. Once again, listing had this information. If you really want this particular item, we have it resisted for you without restrictions and the fair price. We are currently moving away from eBay because of listing fees, customer threats, unpaid items, socialist selling percentage fees and no Seller Protection. We have our own policies & are suing eBay as of now. Thank you for interest
Quote:
Me: That's not how ebay works. You can't just not ship cards if they don't sell for as much as you think they should have. That's what No Reserve is for. If you do not accept my payment and ship this card, I will be forced to leave negative feedback as ebay has advised me to do in this …
Quote:
Stockballa: Yes we can
The best part is they already left positive feedback for me when I made the payment for the auction! Oh stockballa you make this too easy ... but ebay does not. So I roll over to just give them the first negative rating I've issued in 14 years and what do I see?

Quote:
Sorry, you can't leave negative or neutral Feedback for this PowerSeller until 7 days after purchase.
In the mean time, please contact the seller to try to work things out,
PROTIP for those reading this: I think I can leave feedback on my phone app regardless -- it lets me get to the final screen.

Anyway I let them know they have 7 days to make things right with me and then I'm droppin' the big hammer.

Edit: UPDATE they have responded to my request to buy the card:

Quote:
It doesn't matter, sir. We refunded your payment. It has no impact as eBay will report that you did this and they "protected us". You just broke a policy by threatening a buyer to meet your needs by feedback anyways. We can call to suspend you for your irrational reactions, but we will not. However, you will be added to list of lawsuit we are compiling. We will not come after you for damages but federally there are consequences.

Last edited by eldavojohn; Yesterday at 07:34 PM.
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Andrew Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 8,479
Default

I'm not sure what I'm more surprised by - someone was willing to pay $550 for a Leaf auto or that a seller would actually want to cancel a $550 sale for a Leaf auto.
__________________
Those who can, do. Those who can't resort to calling other people trolls.
Andrew Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
I'm not sure what I'm more surprised by - someone was willing to pay $550 for a Leaf auto or that a seller would actually want to cancel a $550 sale for a Leaf auto.
Um ... sorry if I misled you, that was his crappy title. I had won the auction for $31. He had put the "BV" in the title.

Again, I would never pay that much for this Leaf auto, I think I put down something like $44 for my max bid.

He canceled the order thinking it was a $550 card and didn't want to sell it for $31.
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Andrew Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 8,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldavojohn View Post
Um ... sorry if I misled you, that was his crappy title. I had won the auction for $31. He had put the "BV" in the title.

Again, I would never pay that much for this Leaf auto, I think I put down something like $44 for my max bid.

He canceled the order thinking it was a $550 card and didn't want to sell it for $31.
That makes 1,000% more sense.

His response is awesome though. He's suing eBay and moving to another site because of eBay's fees BUT he relisted the item on eBay if you want to buy it. Yeah, that makes perfect sense.
__________________
Those who can, do. Those who can't resort to calling other people trolls.
Andrew Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Nyfancam01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,373
Default

looks like he's done it more than just this time too... check his feedback

LEAVE A NEGATIVE
__________________
PC & BUYING:

Allen Iverson, Sebastian Telfair, Lebron James Game Used & 2004-05 Upper Deck Basketball (Anything for my set)
Nyfancam01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Jay9Suited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 230
Default

I have had 2 sellers cancel orders in the past 2 months. Its annoying but theres nothing you can do but leave a neg.
Jay9Suited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfancam01 View Post
looks like he's done it more than just this time too... check his feedback

LEAVE A NEGATIVE
Seven days from now, he's getting one. I just took the time to read the whole posting ... I wasn't aware you could fundamentally change the way ebay works with your listing lol.

Apparently I'm a member of ISIS according to his listing and I hate God and America. There's some sort of Team America joke in here, I know there is.
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bogor, Indonesia
Posts: 980
Default

i think he cancel your order through paypal / refund your payment.

give him neg and open dispute, soon he will be banned from ebay.
__________________
Home of my PC collection: www.edisoncards.com
Check my COMC there are some nice Prospects Chrome Color Auto for Sale!!
T3sT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Orting,Wa
Posts: 516
Default

We are suing ebay and we have OUR own policies when we use ebay, god bless. Lol
__________________
Collecting all Seahawks and Washington huskies Old and new!
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cali
Posts: 972
Default

Real world rules trump Ebay rules, you can't take it in the streets, don't go trying to get cards up here in these streets, word.
ArsonCuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,969
Default

And here is the next message:

Quote:
It doesn't matter, sir. We refunded your payment. It has no impact as eBay will report that you did this and they "protected us". You just broke a policy by threatening a buyer to meet your needs by feedback anyways. We can call to suspend you for your irrational reactions, but we will not. However, you will be added to list of lawsuit we are compiling. We will not come after you for damages but federally there are consequences.
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
phasesout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 413
Default

Quote:
However, you will be added to list of lawsuit we are compiling. We will not come after you for damages but federally there are consequences.
Oh the federal court system would love that lawsuit! LMAO

And someone didn't read the eBay terms of service. Good luck with his at best arbitration

Thanks for posting OP. eBay may make it hard on sellers, but those sellers have no right to take it out on the buyers.
phasesout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 6,240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldavojohn View Post
Alright I never post here and I've never had to leave negative feedback on ebay (okay well, once in 2001). Anyway so this Byron Buxton Trinity auction ends today as listed by stockballa alias Player Investments LLC. Nice price, right?

Then I get the auctiva auction e-mail from the seller congratulating me and presenting me with an invoice:



So what do I do? I pay the invoice.

BAM magically the sale is cancelled (note that I most certainly DID NOT agree to that, hell I had even paid for it). And they refund me my money and ebay says that the auction is cancelled. Wait, what? I thought I had to agree to that for it to happen!?

SO I call up ebay and they're like, "Yeah it's not possible for the auction to be cancelled without you agreeing to it so you must have agreed to it." Then things got confusing because the person on the phone couldn't answer my questions (like reading the first line of the listing to me over the phone).

So ebay rep urges me to try to resolve it over messages and then leave negative feedback if I can't buy the item at the price. Here is the conversation in ebay messages:









The best part is they already left positive feedback for me when I made the payment for the auction! Oh stockballa you make this too easy ... but ebay does not. So I roll over to just give them the first negative rating I've issued in 14 years and what do I see?



PROTIP for those reading this: I think I can leave feedback on my phone app regardless -- it lets me get to the final screen.

Anyway I let them know they have 7 days to make things right with me and then I'm droppin' the big hammer.

Edit: UPDATE they have responded to my request to buy the card:


If you said that then the seller maybe right and can get your feedback removed, if the right rep reads that easily could be seen as extortion. You cannot threaten a seller with bad feedback if they do not do anything.

I got one removed last week for this reason the buyer told me that if the item was not here by tomorrow that I would not like the results. Rep I talked to said they felt it was extortion and removed it.

Ebay reps were also wrong in their statement that a seller cannot just cancel, it is possible now if the item has been refunded..
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
izybone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Beavercreek, Ohio
Posts: 1,324
Default

Be careful...he is going to file lawsuite on you.
__________________
“Change is the only constant in life.”--Embrace It
izybone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
If you said that then the seller maybe right and can get your feedback removed, if the right rep reads that easily could be seen as extortion. You cannot threaten a seller with bad feedback if they do not do anything.

I got one removed last week for this reason the buyer told me that if the item was not here by tomorrow that I would not like the results. Rep I talked to said they felt it was extortion and removed it.

Ebay reps were also wrong in their statement that a seller cannot just cancel, it is possible now if the item has been refunded..
Well, maybe he'll get it removed then, this is exactly what I said:

Quote:
I'm sorry your opinion and understanding of how things work at ebay is flawed. You have seven days to change your mind or I'll be forced to leave negative feedback.
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:15 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 3,506
Default

Gotta love empty threats. This character is dealing primarily in $1-$20 cards, about 40 items per week, and he thinks he has a legitimate lawsuit on top of federal consequences for anyone who gets in his way. What a clown.

I'm sure this guy's feedback would be much worse if more buyers had the tomatoes to drop a neg and defend themselves. I bet the majority say "Ok, no problem" and move on without documenting it for other buyers to beware.
auctionjmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Bob Loblaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bright House Networks Field
Posts: 4,825
Default

You didn't threaten to blackmail him or anything illegal. You threatened that if he didn't complete the transaction, you'll leave negative feedback. . . . which is why negative feedback exists.

I suspect this 7 day cooling off period is to avoid new accounts from buying and immediately negativing, which is fine.

Take your money back, wait next weekend, and enjoy the negative feedback. This guy is freaking nuts.
__________________
Buying your Phillies RC autos!
Bob Loblaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
You didn't threaten to blackmail him or anything illegal. You threatened that if he didn't complete the transaction, you'll leave negative feedback. . . . which is why negative feedback exists.

I suspect this 7 day cooling off period is to avoid new accounts from buying and immediately negativing, which is fine.

Take your money back, wait next weekend, and enjoy the negative feedback. This guy is freaking nuts.
I'm a very level headed person. I try to give people a chance ... but this guy is getting the neg. Not wishing this on anyone. For the feedback I'm going to leave this (please let me know if this has language that will get it removed):

"Beware, buyer did not ship card and threatened me with litigation in msgs when I tried to resolve."

Thanks for all your help!
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
izybone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Beavercreek, Ohio
Posts: 1,324
Default

stockballa Apr-23-15 Present
player-investments Dec-16-14 Apr-23-15
dashstashdeals Feb-26-13 Dec-16-14
gnome14 Jan-11-11 Feb-26-13

Why would one change their ID so much??? Things that make you go hmmm.
__________________
“Change is the only constant in life.”--Embrace It
izybone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
izybone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Beavercreek, Ohio
Posts: 1,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldavojohn View Post
I'm a very level headed person. I try to give people a chance ... but this guy is getting the neg. Not wishing this on anyone. For the feedback I'm going to leave this (please let me know if this has language that will get it removed):

"Beware, buyer did not ship card and threatened me with litigation in msgs when I tried to resolve."

Thanks for all your help!
I would leave the same as the neutral left..."Cancelled transaction because the card didn't sell for high price..beware."
__________________
“Change is the only constant in life.”--Embrace It
izybone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 6,240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
You didn't threaten to blackmail him or anything illegal. You threatened that if he didn't complete the transaction, you'll leave negative feedback. . . . which is why negative feedback exists.

I suspect this 7 day cooling off period is to avoid new accounts from buying and immediately negativing, which is fine.

Take your money back, wait next weekend, and enjoy the negative feedback. This guy is freaking nuts.
All it takes is for him to convince one Ebay rep that it was extortion(if first rep won't hang up and call back). The policy leaves it wide open, but for a while they were removing them even if the buyer stated anything about leaving negative feedback. Its best not to mention feedback at all when dealing with a seller.

Last edited by shrevecity; Yesterday at 08:36 PM.
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
All it takes is for him to convince one Ebay rep that it was extortion. The policy leaves it wide open, but for a while they were removing them even if the buyer stated anything about leaving negative feedback. Its best not to mention feedback at all when dealing with a seller.
Well, hopefully folks can learn from my mistakes ... I will be on the phone with e-mail though if my feedback gets pulled -- I assure you. Thank you also for pointing out the multiple accounts, that will be noted to the rep. As will all the language in the listing ... which they refused to read while on the phone with me the first time. Ugh.
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:38 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 6,240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldavojohn View Post
Well, hopefully folks can learn from my mistakes ... I will be on the phone with e-mail though if my feedback gets pulled -- I assure you. Thank you also for pointing out the multiple accounts, that will be noted to the rep. As will all the language in the listing ... which they refused to read while on the phone with me the first time. Ugh.
Its not multiple accounts all those are just name changes. Also there is no rule against having multiple accounts.
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:47 PM   #24 (permalink)
LRV
Member
 
LRV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Where I'm At
Posts: 1,758
Default

I want to buy something from this guy just to leave feedback saying "Seller Is A Bitch!!"

Then I get to be part of the lawsuit..
__________________
You're Dixie's Football Pride, Crimson Tide
ROLL TIDE ROLL TIDE!
LRV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:40 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Andy5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 452
Default

Have ebay silently changed their rules in regards to cancelling auctions without the buyers permission? Seeing this more and more often recently.
__________________
Collecting Andrew Nicholson and Becky Hammon.
http://s168.photobucket.com/user/AndrewG_23/library/?sort=4&page=0
Andy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.