Blowout Cards Forums
Super break deluxe

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2015, 06:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Tracking shows delivered, buyer stating otherwise

What's the outcome typically with this? $50 card. It's some kid that it took over a week to pay. Now, one month later he's stating that it never arrived.
Old 05-15-2015, 07:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhenry4 View Post
What's the outcome typically with this? $50 card. It's some kid that it took over a week to pay. Now, one month later he's stating that it never arrived.
There's no way he wins this case.
Old 05-15-2015, 07:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezball View Post
On Ebay.....good luck to you...I would not trust Ebay to make a right decision by the seller.
Old 05-16-2015, 12:18 AM   #4 (permalink)

Ask him to ask to neighbors, family, and the USPS people in his area. Avoid e-mail confrontations be polite. If he make a dispute just take calm an answer with your proof of delivery. Never forget to follow up the dispute. It is very rare see a seller lose in this case.
Old 05-16-2015, 12:22 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks everyone. I would ask him that, Kane, but I'm pretty convinced that he's lying. If it's at a neighbors, then he'll just say that's my problem.
Old 05-16-2015, 01:14 AM   #6 (permalink)

If the PO says its delivered, then its delivered (assuming the zip code matches what you mailed it to). Of course, he could turn around and lie and say something like, "oh wait I found it but the package is empty" and then you're hosed.

anusinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:54 AM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to DieHardCowboyFan33

Well normally I would say he's telling the truth (because I've had this happened to me 3 times in the last year) but the fact that he waited a week to pay and it's been a MONTH are just two huge red flags. If tracking shows delivered then eBay will likely let you keep your money and refund him out of their pocket.

If he opens a case against you be sure to provide plenty of information and respond to any messages he sends, if you completely ignore the case and don't respond to any messages, eBay will side with the buyer 100% of the time and make you refund him out of your PayPal account.
DieHardCowboyFan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 12:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardCowboyFan33 View Post
Well normally I would say he's telling the truth (because I've had this happened to me 3 times in the last year) but the fact that he waited a week to pay and it's been a MONTH are just two huge red flags. If tracking shows delivered then eBay will likely let you keep your money and refund him out of their pocket.

If he opens a case against you be sure to provide plenty of information and respond to any messages he sends, if you completely ignore the case and don't respond to any messages, eBay will side with the buyer 100% of the time and make you refund him out of your PayPal account.
Thanks, I told him that it's his right to open a case. I've responded a few times with my justifiable concerns.

Appreciate the insight everyone.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhenry4 View Post
Thanks, I told him that it's his right to open a case. I've responded a few times with my justifiable concerns.

Appreciate the insight everyone.
Save any eBay messages in your inbox, those will help if you have an issue moving further. eBay's stance is buyers can do no wrong, sellers are guilty all the time. That is how it has become, I have seen it all and I have been on eBay since 1997. It used to be a fun and fair place, now it's very one-sided in favor of buyers. Sellers have to literally jump through rings of fire to maintain their ratings with their ridiculous "sellers dashboard" which is a joke especially now that eBay resets everything and makes the ratings higher each month and then tries to make the sellers feel like they are looking out for sellers by doing this. The entire seller's dashboard is a waste of time.

What most people don't realize is eBay doesn't want to be "an auction website". They want to be an Amazon.com, and they really want to see more fixed price auctions than auction-style ones. eBay has lost sight of what they really are, and that is an auction website. They want sellers to be basically mini-retailers.

Always upload the tracking to your auction, don't just message it to them, always upload it so it tags itself to the auction. If it shows "delivered" and the address you sent it to matches the address on file then that should be more than sufficient. A seller can't be held responsible for a package once it leaves the seller's hands. If someone steals the buyer's mail, or a family member gets it, etc. the seller should not be responsible. Now, if it arrives damaged or doesn't arrive at all, then you are responsible which is why delivery insurance is highly recommended for added protection.
Speed Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 11:45 AM   #10 (permalink)

He closed it. He never turned it into a case. My guess, he does this to a bunch of people. eBay probably dinged him for opening too many cases. He probably figures that he'll try this with as many people as possible to see if he gets any bites. He's a real piece of work.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:54 AM   #11 (permalink)

whats his name so we can block them
Old 05-26-2015, 12:08 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
He closed it.
I'm sure he was expecting you just run to refund the money like many sellers that went paranoiac when they receive a message about an issue.

As I said before many sellers had issues with buyers. You can loose a case, but many lose the cases because they don't follow it, never give a proof or just focus in attack the buyer.

As buyer, I don't like those paranoiac sellers. If you buy something that wasn't describe in a way or specific condition. You want to have an answer about the issue, not just a refund, and ignore.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:46 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezball View Post
ding,ding,ding OP name please.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:52 PM   #14 (permalink)

Try selling $12k in Delmon Young BC gold refractor autos (back when he was still semi relevant) to one buyer and having them show delivered and the buyer claiming he never received. Signature was required, insured, the whole nine...apparently the delivery guy decided it was ok to leave the package in between the screen and front doors. Thankfully the neighbor wound up seeing this and held the package until the buyer got home from work. Thank God for an honest neighbor.
Old 05-26-2015, 03:34 PM   #15 (permalink)

Anyone that wants his ID, just PM me. I'll shoot one over to those that have asked. He obviously hasn't left me feedback, and I didn't leave it for him either.