Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2015, 10:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default COMC "Item stored remotely"

I don't recall seeing this before when I bought a card stored in Canada. Is this something new that they added? If so, I think it is a smart idea, while it may make some people weary taking an extra week or w.e potentially, I think it is great to at least have the knowledge o that vs wondering why shipping is taking longer than usual. I know when I bought a card my shipment took longer than I was used to and was curious why, til they told me I bought a card at their Canada headquarters, now providing that info would be great imo.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Its semi new. Been out maybe 2 months? It was mostly started due to a consigner that COMC was working with to help add their inventory to COMCs website (semi trial pilot study). Since then I think they've also added it to their Canadian inventories.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

I've bought more expensive cards in at least two cases so far because I didn't want to wait.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Its semi new. Been out maybe 2 months? It was mostly started due to a consigner that COMC was working with to help add their inventory to COMCs website (semi trial pilot study). Since then I think they've also added it to their Canadian inventories.
Really? the card I bought was within the last 2 months and I don't recall seeing it at that point. Maybe I just missed it then. Regardless, I think it is a great touch to the site, while being a "minor" addition.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
I've bought more expensive cards in at least two cases so far because I didn't want to wait.
I can understand that if there are multiples and if the prices are at least relatively close. But it helps people in Canada, so they aren't waiting on "our" cards here in the States, and know which are already by them. And in my case, it was the only inventory of the card, so I didn't have a choice of buying another. But it would have been nice to just know before hand so I could at least expect it. I don't mind if sellers on ebay take time to ship, just let me know and don't leave me out to dry. Similar situation here by putting that by the card details.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

Other points to note about this:
1) The Canadian cards started getting marked "Item stored remotely" even before Dean's came online. Both of those locations will show up as "Items stored remotely" in listings now.
2) When you purchase a card, they begin transferring it to your hub, even if you don't request it to be shipped. So if you're in the US, they'll bring it to the US/Seattle location for you so that when you do request cards (say you're waiting until you get 100 to get the $5 back), you won't have to wait for it at that point. It should already be in Seattle.
3) I think this would be great for sellers in Canada who focus on hockey cards or US buyers that want to buy a Port of O-Pee-Chee cards. Look for ports that are in a different location, and buy them. Then they'll all be in the US -or Cananda- for whichever buyers you think makes more of those types of purchases...
Old 06-04-2015, 10:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
I just posted in the main COMC thread and this is why. My cards uploaded tonight all have this tag even though they were sent to the US facility and the rest of the cards from the same batch do not have that tag. Pretty annoyed as I feel like many sales are made when the card is first posted and I might be losing some due to this. I e-mailed them but I'm sure the customer service team is gone for the night(rightfully so).

EDIT: Also, I do want to say it doesn't appear to just be my cards but every card uploaded tonight from 2015 Bowman seems to have this designation.

2nd EDIT: Appears COMC has already fixed this issue for me and all others affected. Good job by them realizing it quickly.
Please Note: I do all my transactions through COMC. This DOES NOT mean you need a COMC account to buy my card. You can still buy it directly through COMC using PAYPAL but we will need to agree on a price here because you can only buy it for the price I have it listed at on COMC. Just PM me and we can negotiate a price. Thanks!

Last edited by wphill02; 06-04-2015 at 11:58 PM.
wphill02 is offline   Reply With Quote