Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 10:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default $600 card to philippines?

I've got a ebay $600 card that a buyer in Philippines really wants. He's got perfect feedback, been a member a long time on eBay, he's on other forums buying up similar cards of the same player. He's legit.

But it's shipping to the Philippines that I'm worried about. There is no insurance to the Philippines, or at least that's what it says on their postal website: Philippines

I can ship it registered priority. But no insurance.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Well if he is legit, I'd do the deal. I am a strong believer in karma and if he seems to have positive feedbacks all around I'd do it. But I probably wouldn't worry about the buyer,more of whether the card gets to him safely,I haven't sent to the phils so u maybe u should find som1 who had and have them share there thoughts
SelfDestruct808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:05 AM   #3 (permalink)

I'd avoid it unless you could eat the $600 with a smile...
hairysasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:20 AM   #4 (permalink)

Forget priority, eat the cost and send that global overnight with tracking
gman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

I don't ship outside of the country, except for Canada. Even then, I make Canadian buyers pay $15 for Registered Mail.

Have him send you cash or pay with a Paypal gift. That's the only way I would do it.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

I lived in the PI for many years and worked in the Manila po for a few months. I would not worry about the buyer but would worry about the po process. They will know the value of the item and it may get misplaced

That was many years ago so things may have changed. My wife ships huge boxes of stuff through this company (forgot the name) and never has had a problem.

$600.00 I would have to think about that for a long time. Ask the buyer what he suggests. sounds like he buys lots of high end. It might be those three philippino clowns (ment in a funny way, they are legit) that break thousands of dollars worth of stuff a week!!!!
Old 09-08-2010, 12:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Tell him if he pays for the service that covers you, International Express I believe, then you should sell to him. Should be around $30 and you are covered
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:23 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Tell him if he pays for the service that covers you, International Express I believe, then you should sell to him. Should be around $30 and you are covered
You know if you are covered 100% this way on a $600.00 sale, I would even go half with him on the cost!!
Old 09-08-2010, 12:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
I've used this services several times on high end pacakges going to China, and I have never had an issue.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:43 PM   #10 (permalink)

Ah yeah, it looks like with Express International it can be insured for up to 2K, that that covers it for sure. GREAT! That's dudes!
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:56 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by papajim View Post
I lived in the PI for many years and worked in the Manila po for a few months. I would not worry about the buyer but would worry about the po process. They will know the value of the item and it may get misplaced

That was many years ago so things may have changed. My wife ships huge boxes of stuff through this company (forgot the name) and never has had a problem.

$600.00 I would have to think about that for a long time. Ask the buyer what he suggests.sounds like he buys lots of high end. It might be those three philippino clowns (ment in a funny way, they are legit) that break thousands of dollars worth of stuff a week!!!!
-----
Balik Bayan Boxes or Forex?
SelfDestruct808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:32 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
I don't ship outside of the country, except for Canada. Even then, I make Canadian buyers pay $15 for Registered Mail.

Have him send you cash or pay with a Paypal gift. That's the only way I would do it.

Why rip off the the Canadians? I've sent hundreds of packages to Canada and besides being cheaper than shipping in the US, I've never had a problem..
stellablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:49 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellablue View Post
Why rip off the the Canadians? I've sent hundreds of packages to Canada and besides being cheaper than shipping in the US, I've never had a problem..
Really? I've lost over $200's in vintage cards to Canada before I started using Registered Mail or Global Express. I'm pretty sure I got ripped off on a couple of those. One of them bought a couple of small lots with no issues - then he decided to drop some coin on a big lot. Cost me some money. So now all international packages can pay the $15 for registered mail or more for Global Express.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:32 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
Really? I've lost over $200's in vintage cards to Canada before I started using Registered Mail or Global Express. I'm pretty sure I got ripped off on a couple of those. One of them bought a couple of small lots with no issues - then he decided to drop some coin on a big lot. Cost me some money. So now all international packages can pay the $15 for registered mail or more for Global Express.
Doh! That stinks. Sorry.
stellablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellablue View Post
Not ripping them off, it's their choice to pay for Registered Mail. I can't add insurance or tracking. And I've had stuff "not arrive". Paypal sides with the buyer 100% of the time.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:41 AM   #16 (permalink)

no go!you neither lose 600 or gain 600.not worth the risk.ive had bad experience going international.realllllly bad
frankiecgsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:14 AM   #17 (permalink)

Federal Express International?