Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010, 01:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default How do I handle this Ebay issue.

I won a card on 9/3 and received it today 9/17. The seller only has a 48 feedback rating. Card was received UNDAMAGED, although it had no penny sleeve just a Toploader. He also charged $5 to ship and postage cost him $0.61

heres the message I sent the seller

I received the card today. Im incredibly disappointed. You charged my $5.00 to ship the card. The postage cost you $0.61. The card was also sent only in a hard toploader, No soft penny sleeve to ensure the card is in good condition. You are incredibly lucky that the card was received in good condition. The auction also ending on 9/3...today is 9/17. This is NOT the way to build a reputation on ebay. Not sure what kind of feedback to leave you. I will leave it later when my mind is clear from this anger.

How do I handle it from here??
Neg Feedback?? Neutral Feedback??
Old 09-17-2010, 02:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookyyyyyy View Post
How do I handle it from here??
Neg Feedback?? Neutral Feedback??
I'm not sure what you are trying to do with the e-mail but you got what you paid for and in condition described. 14 days to receive is a little too long but when was the package postmarked? If it was on or after 9/8 (Weekend before was Labor Day) I would leave neutral and ding the HECK out of the DSR's on Shipping, communication and shipping time.

Don't be a douche and try to extort a partial refund for feedback

EDIT- Looks like he is in the service so that explains the shipping delay as it can take 2 weeks depending of where he/she is stationed. I would still ding DSR on shipping/handling where I see he is already at 4.4

Last edited by jlzinck; 09-17-2010 at 02:04 PM.
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

First off you at least sent the seller a message, wait and see if they respond. Who knows, maybe someone else shipped the card for them. Who knows maybe they'll refund some of the purchase price. For me personally I'd figure if my shipping was refunded, we'd be good. I've had times that its been three days to ship and I'll refund the shipping as I feel that was to long to ship (those on here will vouge - typically its shipped within minutes, maybe an hour, but generally without notice never more than 24 hours). But this way you got the card at the price you paid. 2 weeks is to long to ship, but you got it, so your happy.

Neutral as you did get the card safe and sound

Hammer their stars and leave feedback as youv'e stated. 14 days to ship, card not safely protected.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
but when was the package postmarked?
I forgot this is critical bar none...
Old 09-17-2010, 02:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
I forgot this is critical bar none...
After seeing some of the other auctions the seller ran I see he is sationed in Japan. Could be a BIG reason for the delay.
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

well if he ship from another country, maybe thats the reason
SelfDestruct808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 04:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
I'm not sure what you are trying to do with the e-mail but you got what you paid for and in condition described. 14 days to receive is a little too long but when was the package postmarked? If it was on or after 9/8 (Weekend before was Labor Day) I would leave neutral and ding the HECK out of the DSR's on Shipping, communication and shipping time.

Don't be a douche and try to extort a partial refund for feedback

EDIT- Looks like he is in the service so that explains the shipping delay as it can take 2 weeks depending of where he/she is stationed. I would still ding DSR on shipping/handling where I see he is already at 4.4

Im not looking for any type of refund or anything of that nature. If one was offered I would not even accept it. Im looking for an explanation to why the seller charged so much to ship it, also why it took so long. The thing that pushed it over the edge for me was that it was just put in a (dirty scratched up) toploader with no penny sleeve. Thats how cards get damaged.

Also i already threw out the padded envelope it came in so i cant check when its post marked.
The card was postmarked from the US...Ive been waiting for a large number of packages from Canada and this was not one of them...It had one of the USPS postage labels on it for $0.61.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

Regarding the "delay" in shipping....this is copied directly from the auction page...guys in the service - clearly listed "Item location: APO, default, APO/FPO" :

$5.00 US Postal Service Priority Mail
See more services See shipping discounts | See all shipping details
Estimated delivery within 12-13 business days.

$5.00 is a little ridiculous....I'd leave a positive but ding him up a bit on the Shipping and Handling Stars and hope he figures out to package better after reading your e-mail to him...then avoid dealing with him again
RSNARIZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 04:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

I have a similar situation.
I bought a lot of cards on 9/3, paid for them on 9/3, and the auction said they would ship in 3 days.
I got a now shipped email on 9/13, and I recieved the cards yesterday 9/16, they were postmarked 9/13.

I am also debating what kind of feedback to leave.

*** NEW CARDS ADDED TO COMC 6/8/14 ***
weedyalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 04:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedyalan View Post
I have a similar situation.
I bought a lot of cards on 9/3, paid for them on 9/3, and the auction said they would ship in 3 days.
I got a now shipped email on 9/13, and I recieved the cards yesterday 9/16, they were postmarked 9/13.

I am also debating what kind of feedback to leave.

IMHO - Positive, afterall you did receive the cards safely...ding on "Shipping Time" stars (maybe 3 outta 5?)....once he sees his shipping time DSR's sinking maybe he'll actually ship out "within 3 days"

PS -You could also reference the sloooow shipping in the text of the feedback, something like:
"Cards received safely, although shipping was not as fast as described in auction"...or something like that

Last edited by RSNARIZONA; 09-17-2010 at 04:48 PM. Reason: added a PS
Old 09-17-2010, 05:12 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSNARIZONA View Post
IMHO - Positive, afterall you did receive the cards safely...ding on "Shipping Time" stars (maybe 3 outta 5?)....once he sees his shipping time DSR's sinking maybe he'll actually ship out "within 3 days"

PS -You could also reference the sloooow shipping in the text of the feedback, something like:
"Cards received safely, although shipping was not as fast as described in auction"...or something like that
I never referenced the condition though.

It was a lot of 1969-70 and 1970-71 Topps Basketball cards. The auction stated VG.

some of the 1969-70 cards were damaged in unison. They were all stacked and sandwiched between offset regular toploaders. Thats one problem with 2.5X4.75 cards, not everyone has the sufficient pennysleeves or toploaders for them, luckly I have them sitting on my dresser.

*** NEW CARDS ADDED TO COMC 6/8/14 ***
weedyalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 05:15 PM   #12 (permalink)

^^^^that info would have been helpful, figured that when you didn't mention the condition ....that the condition was not an issue

Last edited by RSNARIZONA; 09-17-2010 at 05:18 PM.