Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2010, 11:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 94 Finest Refractors issue

I'm selling a 1994 Finest #1 Michael Jordan Refractor on eBay. A bidder asked a question, which is a good one, and I'm kind of miffed at myself for not realize this before I put the card up for auction.

But there is no "Refractor" marking on the back of the card. There is no way to ID this card as a refractor except for the front, which is clearly a refractor.

However, this will probably detract from the sale of the card, as suspicious buyers won't bid. I don't think I would!

I pulled the card back in 1994, along with a Shaq refractor as well, so I know the cards are legit, but buyers don't and have to take my word for it.

Kinda sucks.

Does anyone know about these 94 Refractors? They all don't have any indication on the back of the cards, right? I don't think there is any way to verify, but just in case there is some odd way that I'm not aware of, please fill me in.

Thanks in advance.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 12:49 AM   #2 (permalink)

Finest did not mark the Refractors in that year. I recall the refractors in that set were quite easy to distinguish so if it looks like a refractor, then it should be a refractor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alazarevich View Post
I'm selling a 1994 Finest #1 Michael Jordan Refractor on eBay. A bidder asked a question, which is a good one, and I'm kind of miffed at myself for not realize this before I put the card up for auction.

But there is no "Refractor" marking on the back of the card. There is no way to ID this card as a refractor except for the front, which is clearly a refractor.

However, this will probably detract from the sale of the card, as suspicious buyers won't bid. I don't think I would!

I pulled the card back in 1994, along with a Shaq refractor as well, so I know the cards are legit, but buyers don't and have to take my word for it.

Kinda sucks.

Does anyone know about these 94 Refractors? They all don't have any indication on the back of the cards, right? I don't think there is any way to verify, but just in case there is some odd way that I'm not aware of, please fill me in.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

only thing you might do is try to get a pic of it, not a scan, next to a non-refractor...probably need bright light/direct sunlight to get it to show up good on a pic.
mindbinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:22 AM   #4 (permalink)

I remember we use to put 4 or 5 of the cards together and fan them out under a bright light (like mentioned above) the ref would stand right out. With a single card very hard to tell.