Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2010, 08:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Frustrating ebay sale

Just to warn you guys,

I had a buyer purchase a card from me. All over my auctions I state "I only accept Paypal". In my invoice I send out to every person I explicitly state "I only accept Paypal". and the auction closes, the bidder never asked me if I would accept cash for the purchase, which I would have responded with a "no" and blocked the bidder. Well, its too late now, the bidder won the auction, emailed me asking for my address demanding that I take his cash. Like I was supposed to give him my address in the first place. I only accept paypal payments.

So I replied saying how it was against ebay policy to send payments in cash, that I only accept paypal, and if you still want to pay in cash we will have to mutually close this auction.

My question is what kind of recourse do I have if this guy leaves me a neg/neutral? It was nothing I did. Opinions please?
Hockey PC! Zdeno Chara, Tuukka Rask, Dougie Hamilton
benshobbies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:49 AM   #2 (permalink)

Why won't you take cash? I understand you posted in your listing about the Paypal payments, but it's "straight cash homie"!
Old 09-19-2010, 12:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

First of all go to Resolve A Problem & click that you want to Cancel The Transaction.
Stat nicely that as your auction states, you only accept Paypal as payment.
If he agrees to cancel the transaction, you get your Final Value Fees back & you go on your way.
If he does not, you won't get your Final Value Fees back.

If he leaves a Negative or Neutral, contact eBay live chat. Explain to them that per your auctions rules you only accept Paypal as payment, since it is the trusted payment recommended by eBay & that the guy gave you a Neg or Neutral because of that.
Buyers are tied to the rules & guidelines you set forth during your auction. If the buyer breaks the rules (asking for something not listed in the auction), eBay will remove the feedback.

I had a guy win my auction from Singapore. I stated clearly in the auction "NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING". The jerk left me a Neutral stating "Not a world class seller" lol
I contacted live chat & they removed the feedback because I clearly stated I did not ship international.
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 05:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatechhokiefan View Post
Why won't you take cash? I understand you posted in your listing about the Paypal payments, but it's "straight cash homie"!
Because I like to go by the rules, and ebay no longer accepts cash or money order payments. I take cash sales on youtube or blowout if I understand the person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
First of all go to Resolve A Problem & click that you want to Cancel The Transaction.
Stat nicely that as your auction states, you only accept Paypal as payment.
If he agrees to cancel the transaction, you get your Final Value Fees back & you go on your way.
If he does not, you won't get your Final Value Fees back.

If he leaves a Negative or Neutral, contact eBay live chat. Explain to them that per your auctions rules you only accept Paypal as payment, since it is the trusted payment recommended by eBay & that the guy gave you a Neg or Neutral because of that.
Buyers are tied to the rules & guidelines you set forth during your auction. If the buyer breaks the rules (asking for something not listed in the auction), eBay will remove the feedback.

I had a guy win my auction from Singapore. I stated clearly in the auction "NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING". The jerk left me a Neutral stating "Not a world class seller" lol
I contacted live chat & they removed the feedback because I clearly stated I did not ship international.
Thanks. I didn't know about ebay live chat. I will wait till my unpaying buyer assistant kicks in and have ebay deal with it I think.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

I can never find the link to live chat on eBay, but if you Google "eBay live chat" it brings you right to it.
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
I can never find the link to live chat on eBay, but if you Google "eBay live chat" it brings you right to it.
sure. So far he's putting up a big stink. He said he has had over 6,000 positive transactions sending cash through ebay, and I basically told him that it didn't matter how many times he has broken the rules, I only accept paypal payments. I don't know how many times I have to say "I only accept Paypal Payments" before he gets it into his head that I won't accept cash. I'd rather let the unpaid buyer assistant take effect, but I don't want to spend 4 days with him yelling at me.

His username is stl-bagwell if anyone else wants to block him.