Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2010, 08:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2
Default New Ebay Shipping Procedure

Not sure who else is seen this. I go to ship my packages from ebay (I dont use the bulk shipping, I just do it one at a time). It now does this in a single window without bringing you to paypal. Here's the big key (and downfall)....it charges your paypal account...automatically. So no more logging into paypal..but paypal charges what ever acct you have setup. I had just to charges to my checking account. I've now go to move money around so I dont bounce checks. I think this is udder BS..why not just charge your ebay account?
Old 09-19-2010, 10:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

So if you have a paypal balance it doesn't just take the money out of that? That doesn't make much sense, hopefully it is something that you can adjust. It should be able to take it out of your ebay money as well. Leave it to Ebay to f' up a perfectly fine system. Sorry fishy, but thanks for the head's up!
Old 09-19-2010, 10:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

Been that way for a month with me now. I think if you go to PayPal and sign in you can do it the old way. I haven't had a problem with the new system yet.

PS: Did you get that info I sent you the other night?
Old 09-19-2010, 10:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by papajim View Post
Been that way for a month with me now. I think if you go to PayPal and sign in you can do it the old way. I haven't had a problem with the new system yet.

So PJim, if you log into paypal and ship the way I always have, it still works just fine? This may be something if you try to ship right off of Ebay's site? Just wondering.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

I no longer use Ebay, but my Paypal shipping has worked like it always has.
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mine went to the new way on Wednesday. I hated the new way at first but guess I will just get use to it like all the other changes they have been throwing at us recently.
crazygrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmoot2 View Post
So PJim, if you log into paypal and ship the way I always have, it still works just fine? This may be something if you try to ship right off of Ebay's site? Just wondering.
I have not done it but, when I log on PayPal all the info is there to ship so I'm guessing it works. I have just been going with the new system and have not had a problem. It always uses my PayPal balance to pay for the shipping.
I always have enough in it for shipping and my Ebay monthly bill, I guess if you don't it will use your back account
Old 09-20-2010, 02:55 AM   #8 (permalink)

So when it takes money out immediately,do u get a receipt or get emailed to show that u payed? Because I haven't paid for an item on eBay yet but the seller marked it payed. Som1 plz lmk.
SelfDestruct808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:41 AM   #9 (permalink)

you still get the emails and everything works a little better, but in my case I typically remove my paypal funds atleast daily. With the new system you can't select where you want to pay for the shipping label. It automatically just charges your paypal account. Since you cant select where the funds are to come from, it comes from your default paypal account. So in my case it comes straight from my checking account. I had to move money around just so I dont bounce checks!
Old 09-20-2010, 12:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

In the top right corner, there should be something that says "you can also buy and print labels from paypal" and the word "paypal" will be hyperlinked. If you click on the link and sign into paypal, it takes you directly to the shipping page and you can buy and print your label the old way.

I actually don't mind the new system, except for the fact that I printed out about 20 labels on Saturday before I realized that ebay was putting my parent's address as the return address on the labels. I'm not sure why it defaulted to that address since I haven't lived there in over 10 years. If I ship through paypal, my current address is the default return address.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:17 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajshack View Post
In the top right corner, there should be something that says "you can also buy and print labels from paypal" and the word "paypal" will be hyperlinked. If you click on the link and sign into paypal, it takes you directly to the shipping page and you can buy and print your label the old way.

I actually don't mind the new system, except for the fact that I printed out about 20 labels on Saturday before I realized that ebay was putting my parent's address as the return address on the labels. I'm not sure why it defaulted to that address since I haven't lived there in over 10 years. If I ship through paypal, my current address is the default return address.
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajim View Post

Been this way for me well over a month now. Wondering how they determine who gets updated first, etc.?
SacGWYNN19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:20 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajshack View Post
Followup Question..does this automatically update myebay with the tracking number (and marking the item as shipped)? I'm unsure if this does work if you either click that link (or go straight to paypal and click on the transaction and then the shipping link).

Thanks guys!
Old 09-20-2010, 01:22 PM   #13 (permalink)

If you click the link that says "you can also..." and print through paypal, it will update your item as shipped with the tracking #. I'm not sure if it will do that if you just go directly to paypal and click the transaction.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:06 PM   #14 (permalink)

I think I'm missing something in this conversation. Someone help me out...

Go into "MyEbay"
Click "sold"
Click "print shipping label" next to the item
Fill in the weight with the dropdown menu
Click Calculate
Click Pay
Click Print
Click Print on the printer prompt

The label prints and the cost is billed to my Paypal account. Been that way for almost a year for me. This is new for people (since people are talking about logging into Paypal, which I've never had to do to ship)? Or am I missing something (likely)?
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:10 PM   #15 (permalink)

when I and others hit print shipping label, it took us to paypal and prompted us to login. Now it stays in an ebay page and prompts you to login to paypal after entering shipping info. ME HATES CHANGE.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:24 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricefan77 View Post
when I and others hit print shipping label, it took us to paypal and prompted us to login. Now it stays in an ebay page and prompts you to login to paypal after entering shipping info. ME HATES CHANGE.
Weird. I printed one this morning and it was exactly the same it has been since last November for me. Didn't have to log into Paypal at all.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:32 PM   #17 (permalink)

Wouldnt be suprized if you were one of the lucky ones to sample this early.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:44 PM   #18 (permalink)

I actually think this has been an option for a year or so, we just didn't take it. I use to get e-mails/messages asking "ship through Ebay" I would always say no!! Maybe it is no longer an option.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:44 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Wouldnt be suprized if you were one of the lucky ones to sample this early.
Seems like a long time to get to sample it (last November), but then again, with Ebay, who knows?

EDIT - Maybe PapaJim nailed the explanation.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:34 PM   #20 (permalink)

When I was using a Mac earlier this year, with safari, when I clicked on Print Shipping Label, it would take me to PayPal shipping. When I switched to a PC using Firefox, now when I click on Print Shipping Label, it takes me to the eBay shipping page. This happened about 3-4 months ago. I never changed anything in the eBay settings. Nothing.

Now that I started using the eBay shipping page, I much prefer it. It is faster than PayPal's page, and all the data is right there, printing invoices, packing slips, labels, etc. I never need to go to PayPal anymore except to verify my $$ is still there. I can pack up a card from start to finish in about 1 minute now, tops.

I have no idea if the switch from mac to PC was the thing that switched it, but that is exactly when it happened. Maybe eBay has software that tests your browser, and then sends you to PayPal or eBay shipping based on the results of the software test. But that is a total guess.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:45 PM   #21 (permalink)

I agree its much faster...now I just need to remember to keep money in my account first!