Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2010, 10:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need input on ebay auction

I've got a buyer that has contacted me claiming that a card he received from me has a little damage. I don't see anything on the scan but it easy enough to miss something so it's possible. My main rub is the auction ended about 50 days ago and he's just now contacting me about it and wanting to return it. He said card was received shortly after shipping but he was on vacation - wow, a 40+ day vacation - must be nice.

I haven't had a return for years but I'd be ok w/ it. I'm just really aggravated about the timing and don't feel like it's fair to ask for a return/refund this long after the card was received. Plus he won't send me a scan claiming the damage won't show (again possible) but not making me feel any better.

As a side note, I probably won't get the card back until after the 60 day window for paypal refunds so if I do this, I'm going to get hit w/ the paypal fees on the original transaction but I guess he would too on the refund.

Any input on what I should do would be appreciated. thanks
wshaley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to dustin9900 Send a message via Yahoo to dustin9900

You don't accept returns per your listings. Now I do agree if it would have been within a day or two tops of "recieving" the item I allow returns as long as they pay return shipping, and require it sent just as you sent it now PWE crap. But this is a little long IMO and I think someone is just having remorse or is backing out for some reason (maybe cheaper to buy now??). I honestly don't think I would do it. I have had one card returned ever but the guy contacted me asap, sent it back the way i asked and he got his whole 3 bucks back....amazing!! Good Luck.
dustin9900 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

Tough call, because you are still kind of obligated by Paypal to do it.
Maybe Obligated is the wrong word, but he can still ask for a refund via Paypal within 60 days.
Also, he can leave you a Negative on eBay for whatever reason.
I don't know how much the card was worth/bought for, but it may not be worth the couple bucks for the hassle it could create with a Negative.

But, if he does go through Paypal & wants his money back, best believe he is getting his money back, because in the eyes of Paypal you as a seller don't matter what you want to do whether it was 1 day or 59 days.
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:32 AM   #4 (permalink)

Is it a card that has gone down in value and that could be why he doesnt want it? Seems kinda fishy, but if he files a chargeback and/or leaves negative feedback that may be worse than having to refund and sell again.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

It's not a big $ item and it's not a huge deal in many ways but I'm just not pleased with the way it went down and the fact that he's waited for now 53 days and in between receiving my card and now (while he was away on vacation mind you), he's won almost 70 cards on ebay. Makes me feel like I'm being played.

I guess I just needed some input on whether my aggravation is well placed.
wshaley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

thats way to long IMHO. In order for to return it he needs to file a claim through ebay and he may be passed the window to do that.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Tell him you are sorry but you leave for vacation tonite and won't be back for 60 days Nothing you can do until then!!
Old 09-21-2010, 01:13 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
In order for to return it he needs to file a claim through ebay
Check your dashboard in Ebay. There's now a percentage meter for claims like there is for 1's and 2's. "Officially" starts in October, but the LAST thing you want is someone filing a claim with Ebay. Details about the new rating, what's expected, and punishments for a bad percentage are on the dashboard as well.

As to this guy, not sure I'd refund him. Too easy to buy a "hot" rookie card and sit on it for 2 months to see if he does any good. If he does, great. If not, just return the card. That's terrible. Cards are almost like stocks nowadays, and there are no "do overs" in the stock market. If it had only been a few days I can understand that. 50+ days? Bad precedent to set in my humble opinion.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote