Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2010, 12:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ebay helping with seller feedback--finally

Hi All,
I just read this anouncement from ebay. Should help seller's feedback ratings for shipping time. (If this is old news, I apologize)
Old 09-22-2010, 12:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

"Automatic 5-star DSRs for free and fast shipping:

As of August 24, when you offer and your buyer chooses free shipping, eBay will automatically rate the transaction with 5 stars for shipping cost.

Starting in November, when you specify 1-day handling time, upload tracking information by the end of the next business day after the buyer’s payment clears, and we know your package arrived within 4 business days from when the buyer pays (or arrived by your estimated delivery if that was earlier), eBay will automatically rate the transaction with 5 stars for shipping time. "

All depends - Buyer can still change the ratings, but also you can not effect how quickly the item gets delivered. You can effect how quickly the item gets shipped.

However I do agree, if its automatically filled out, better chance to get higher ratings. I'd really much rather ebay just set what their expections are for each star level. If they set the bar, much more likely to get some type of consistency from everyone (myself included since I have my own standards I apply).