Blowout Cards Forums
pokemon buying

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2015, 01:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Do Amazon Giftcards work in COMC?

I want to buy cards on COMC paying with an Amazon Gift card. However, I don't want to buy the cards through Amazon.com. Can you pay using Giftcards?
Old 12-31-2015, 02:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

I doubt it; may want to contact them at staff@comc.com to get the right answer. Maybe if you pre-coordinate the purchase and then use your COMC mailbox as the delivery address, Nathan and the team can work something out.
But I really doubt you can use an Amazon gift card to get the discount pricing available through COMC sales prices.
<---- Just need the superfractor and a printing plate to complete the Bowman Chrome #63 Jordy Lara rainbow.
mjohnatgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 03:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the input. I'll email them later!
Old 12-31-2015, 04:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

why would you not want to buy them through Amazon.com? It would be the same asking price right aside from maybe a higher shipping cost?
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 04:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimeIsNow View Post
I want to buy cards on COMC paying with an Amazon Gift card. However, I don't want to buy the cards through Amazon.com. Can you pay using Giftcards?
No, you can't...there's a reason for it, but I'm not sure what it is as it wasn't fully explained to us. Just a wild guess, it might have something to do with COMC's agreement with Amazon - conflict of interest or something equally lame and inhibiting.

And, as someone else said, if you have the Amazon money, then buy the cards on Amazon. Unless the seller isn't selling via Amazon, then your question makes a lot more sense...

Also, if there are any issues with the card, using Amazon to get a refund yields results a lot faster than trying to use COMC's customer service...just putting that out there.

Camille Paglia
JustMoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 04:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
why would you not want to buy them through Amazon.com? It would be the same asking price right aside from maybe a higher shipping cost?
Sales prices on COMC don't translate to Amazon. I figured he wanted to buy cards to flip on COMC and keep them in his port. So he could buy low at COMC sale prices, and then immediately resell them. If he takes delivery through Amazon, he'll have to pay submission fees and wait months for them to load to his account.
<---- Just need the superfractor and a printing plate to complete the Bowman Chrome #63 Jordy Lara rainbow.
Old 12-31-2015, 05:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnatgt View Post
Sales prices on COMC don't translate to Amazon. I figured he wanted to buy cards to flip on COMC and keep them in his port. So he could buy low at COMC sale prices, and then immediately resell them. If he takes delivery through Amazon, he'll have to pay submission fees and wait months for them to load to his account.
If he buys on Amazon, then he gets the Rapid delivery service automatically...and, what do you mean submissions fees, etc? He's buying cards, not submitting them.

Camille Paglia
Old 12-31-2015, 06:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

I am making a guess that the reason he wants to buy them in COMC is so that he can resell them through COMC. If they get mailed to him, he has to mail them back to COMC to sell there. It's what I would try to do if I had Amazon gift cards: convert to Store Credit and then buy cards to flip...
Old 12-31-2015, 06:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnatgt View Post
I am making a guess that the reason he wants to buy them in COMC is so that he can resell them through COMC. If they get mailed to him, he has to mail them back to COMC to sell there. It's what I would try to do if I had Amazon gift cards: convert to Store Credit and then buy cards to flip...
He just said he wants to buy cards on COMC, using Amazon gift cards for payment...there's no other info re: his intentions...I'm thinking he has some Amazon GC's that he wants to use, and COMC is just as good a place as any...

Camille Paglia
Old 12-31-2015, 06:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

I used Amazon Payments and it worked for me...
Old 06-30-2016, 12:02 AM   #11 (permalink)

Bump, sorry if this has been rehashed over and over...

So I'm guessing it's still the case you can't do this?