Blowout Cards Forums
Carlos Correa

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping


Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2016, 08:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,945
Default What's the best shipping method?

I don't sell much on ebay but it seems the postage rates and what you get for what you pay has changed a few times in recent years. Last time I checked, you could mail a card in a bubble envelope as a package with tracking for $3.37 and now the same thing seems to run $5.99. Up to this point, I haven't done any shipping through Paypal, just the regular ol' USPS. I want to sell a few more things but with postage that high, it doesn't make much sense (and I charge a flat rate around $3 for shipping if you buy one or multiple cards). I feel like it's a Catch 22 because I can ship a bubble envelope for $2.54 without tracking but then I have no way of proving it was delivered. Any suggestions/help?
byronscott4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 08:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by byronscott4ever View Post
I don't sell much on ebay but it seems the postage rates and what you get for what you pay has changed a few times in recent years. Last time I checked, you could mail a card in a bubble envelope as a package with tracking for $3.37 and now the same thing seems to run $5.99. Up to this point, I haven't done any shipping through Paypal, just the regular ol' USPS. I want to sell a few more things but with postage that high, it doesn't make much sense (and I charge a flat rate around $3 for shipping if you buy one or multiple cards). I feel like it's a Catch 22 because I can ship a bubble envelope for $2.54 without tracking but then I have no way of proving it was delivered. Any suggestions/help?
Going to the PO and buying postage with tracking on a card should be around 2.54. Tracking is now included on these. If you are paying extra for it then your PO is wrong. You can send it priority for around 5.00 put the bubble mailer in a Flat rate envelope and get 50.00 insurance.. In a couple of weeks the rates for online postage are going up to the same as the PO.
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 11:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Beatoff USA
Posts: 9,106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
Going to the PO and buying postage with tracking on a card should be around 2.54. Tracking is now included on these. If you are paying extra for it then your PO is wrong. You can send it priority for around 5.00 put the bubble mailer in a Flat rate envelope and get 50.00 insurance.. In a couple of weeks the rates for online postage are going up to the same as the PO.
Some members have posted that there might be a discount still. Guess we have to wait to see if it's true.
__________________
RIP D2R WAS JUST GETTING TO KNOW YOU
Are you a wolf or a sheep. I'm a wolf. That's who I am.
keep your mouth shut beatoff/ touchdownravens
Hey addison,for your viewing pleasure
chezball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezball View Post
Some members have posted that there might be a discount still. Guess we have to wait to see if it's true.
Until I see an official word from the USPS I am assuming it will and am adjusting my listings appropriatly
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.