Blowout Cards Forums
2017 April Shower

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > FANTASY SPORTS TALK > FANTASY BASEBALL

FANTASY BASEBALL Post your BASEBALL fantasy talk here... daily fantasy and leagues.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2017, 10:04 PM   #726 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highroller View Post
Horrible sample data, as most pitchers have only pitched 3 games. It's very easy for them to have a great 3 start stretch. Once they have a few bad starts sprinkled in it will even out a lot more.

And then you are comparing a starter with those 5 IP numbers to a hitter hitting 2 home runs, but you fail to realize that pitcher might only get one start that week where the batter will more than likely play in 5-6 games in that week.

Just look at these 3 week stretches, you really have to let the season play more than 2 weeks before you can even start to worry about points.

Kluber was a 2nd rd pitcher in our draft and didn't have a great first 3 games with 5, 11 and 5 points for a toal of 21 points this season. Then take Ervin Santana for example who is the leading scorer in all of fantasy at 23, 23, and 46 points for 92 total. We all know that Santana is not going to keep up that pace. Don't worry, it all evens out.
Lol, with all due respect....you do realize the 'horrible sample data' I provided you completely agrees with the point you are trying to prove.

20/24 top scorers have been pitchers. This means.......that while yes we all agree Ervin Santana will fall off, another pitcher will rise and take his place for a hot week or two. Meaning again...unless its a complete anomaly, we will likely see 70-75% of high scorers be pitchers. If it is scored evenly Sticks v pitchers that number would likely sit between 45-55% by seasons end.

8/12 matchups being won by the guy who starts more equates in hot players, with not so hot players also invalidating the Santana argument.

Its a complete body of work....not one player. Again its just food for thought....will see how it plays out. As I stated.....its not jumping down anyones throat.

On another note I need a slightly above waiver wire second baseman.....not looking to give up anything of consequence off my team. Back end of your bench for back end of mine type deal. --- This need is filled. For the prices I was getting quoted for backup 2B's no wonder there haven't been many deals.

Last edited by Dbacksbaseball; 04-21-2017 at 10:11 AM.
Dbacksbaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:00 AM   #727 (permalink)

Lots of people still haven't set their trading block in the league- Please do so when you have a minute. Makes it much easier to start trade discussions
Hollywood42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:50 PM   #728 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbacksbaseball View Post
Lol, with all due respect....you do realize the 'horrible sample data' I provided you completely agrees with the point you are trying to prove.

20/24 top scorers have been pitchers. This means.......that while yes we all agree Ervin Santana will fall off, another pitcher will rise and take his place for a hot week or two. Meaning again...unless its a complete anomaly, we will likely see 70-75% of high scorers be pitchers. If it is scored evenly Sticks v pitchers that number would likely sit between 45-55% by seasons end.

8/12 matchups being won by the guy who starts more equates in hot players, with not so hot players also invalidating the Santana argument.

Its a complete body of work....not one player. Again its just food for thought....will see how it plays out. As I stated.....its not jumping down anyones throat.

On another note I need a slightly above waiver wire second baseman.....not looking to give up anything of consequence off my team. Back end of your bench for back end of mine type deal. --- This need is filled. For the prices I was getting quoted for backup 2B's no wonder there haven't been many deals.
Again, horrible data.... I didn't prove your point at all. Like I said you are using 3 weeks of data. How about we look at the whole entire last season of stats, the ones that were available to us when we decided to use this scoring system.

38 batters had over 400 pts

32 pitchers had over 400 pts

The only thing that happened was the top of the top pitchers scored more than the top of the top batters but that was discussed before the scoring got put into effect.

Straight from Hollywood when he proposed the scoring:

I dunno, that seems ok. The top 5 or so pitchers scored a significant amount more than the top batters, but pitching drops off much more quickly as well (which makes sense).

Nothing at all has changed in the scoring except that we're 3 weeks in. Like it was discussed before we chose that scoring and like I said to you yesterday, it will all even out, horrible sample data.

Not sure what you are trying to prove by the teams who started more pitchers won either... starting more players doesn't automatically equal the players getting more points.

I won week 1 and started one more pitcher than my opponent. My SP had 86 pts, my hitters 208, and my RP 59.

His SP 135, hitters 161 and RP 3.

You didn't breakdown the numbers at all, your argument about SP is flawed. Everyone's break up of where their pts come from will be different. Just because I started 1 more pitcher didn't have any correlation to why I won that week. He killed me in pts with his SP.
Highroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:12 PM   #729 (permalink)

Corey Kluber with the Complete-Game Shutout over the White Sox!!!