Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > FOOTBALL BOX BREAKS

FOOTBALL BOX BREAKS Post Your Football Box & case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2012, 12:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 1 Box of 2011 topps chrome rack packs from Blow out cards

I can not say that I am thrilled, but I was finally able to pick up some 2011 topps chrome and I honestly have to say that I am a little disappointed. It is not just that some of the cards were a little lack luster, but 60 of the cards, mostly rookie cards, had a glue stripe running down the middle of the card. Is there anything that I can do? Any way here are some of the photos of the cards, let me know if there is any interest at all.

It is sad but this was the only one that I got

And now for the lack luster numbered refractors:

And the big hit:

Thank you Blow out cards, Let me know what you think about these particular cards, and how I did, Thank you for your opinions.
paydirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:04 AM   #2 (permalink)

how much were all the packs?
Fields16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:10 AM   #3 (permalink)

I got it from Blow out cards, it was $174.95.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:19 AM   #4 (permalink)

wow that is horrible I'm sorry
salas - $3
welker- $15-20
maybe if u do everything else as a lot not bad
thats if ur selling
for collecting
still horrible lol
Fields16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:28 AM   #5 (permalink)

I know that this particular box doesn't look too good, but I like to put a positive out look on it because I like a lot of the rookies, it's just that the product is kind of pricey and I was really hoping to get at least a couple of refractors of Cam Newton, but it did not quite work out that way. I really like the Julio Jones, Dalton, Green, Murray, and I think that the Baldwin is a short print. I am not really in it to try and make money, buy I don't think that I have seen too many boxes that got open on you tube that look too much worse than what I got. Do you think that this might have been the worst box that you have seen? Thank you for your comments and I appreciate your opinions.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:48 AM   #6 (permalink)

I had that problem with the glue stripe too on a blaster box from Target. I'm thinking of sending them back to Topps, but I don't know what kind of response I'll get.

You got some decent refractors though!

I think the hobby box of Chrome is too expensive now. Originally it started at $65/box but the price went up so much because the cards were great. But I've had better luck buying retail boxes like the blaster boxes for $20 and the rack packs with the orange refractors. Out of those boxes I've hit a Christian Ponder auto RC and some decent Cam Newton cards.
"He went from sacking quarterbacks to tackling crime" - NFL Superpro #1
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/comicbookjunkie/
LBSB333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Could've been worse, nice refractors though. Now I wonder if I should still think about getting a box for myself ..
pryorfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:17 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBSB333 View Post
I had that problem with the glue stripe too on a blaster box from Target. I'm thinking of sending them back to Topps, but I don't know what kind of response I'll get.

You got some decent refractors though!

I think the hobby box of Chrome is too expensive now. Originally it started at $65/box but the price went up so much because the cards were great. But I've had better luck buying retail boxes like the blaster boxes for $20 and the rack packs with the orange refractors. Out of those boxes I've hit a Christian Ponder auto RC and some decent Cam Newton cards.
I thank you for your opinions, they are appreciated. I am glad that you think I got some great refractors, I like to think of it as I got some nice cards, but for some reason I don't quite feel that way. I feel that I came up short on the Cam Newton's, I was at least hoping to get an Orange refractor and an Xfractor but I missed. I really like the numbered refractors but they weren't exactly the best. I really like the inserts but they are not worth much. It would be nice if the product was still $65 a box, I would be getting a lot more if that was the case. I think that Cam Newton's great season and some of the rookies making the Pro Bowl kind of rose the prices more than a little bit. I would be buying blasters from time to time but the local retailers like Target are sold out and I don't know if they are going to be getting any more. The good news is that The price from Blow Out cards is comparable to what you would pay for a rack pack at the store so it was fun to be able to buy a whole box of them. If you tried to get some replacements from topps due to glue being on the cards, I don't know what type of response you would get and it would probably take a long time, and I don't know what they would offer you for that, so I am not sure what to do about it. If you are interested I might be willing to go half on some topps chrome from Blow Out, I really like topps chrome and I eventually want to buy some more.

Last edited by paydirt; 03-17-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:46 AM   #9 (permalink)

If the glue is the same thing I had on a couple of my packs from a rack pack then you should be able to get a cloth and wipe it off (with a little pressure). I tried it with a tissue first on one of the ones I really didn't care about to see and it came off pretty easily to my surprise. When I got home I had one of those cloths that I clean my computer screen with and it came off without a problem. It looked like a thin roller strip right down the middle of the card and it was only on the first two card in a couple of the packs. I hope that is the case it it will come off.
Falcons_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:22 PM   #10 (permalink)

i like the patriots
patsfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:36 AM   #11 (permalink)

Default Damaged Cards

I have opened a ton of Chrome this year. The quality control is the worst I have seen.
1. Cloudy residue, especially around the edges.
2. Scratches. Look at each card under reasonably bright light.
3. Roller Marks. Deep ones on the backs.

I think Topps is aware of the problems. They replaced two hobby boxes for me pretty much card for card.

You can ship up to 25 cards per their policy but if you need to ship a much larger amount contact them via email and get a case #..

They will want receipts, wrappers and UPC's.
elgato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

what do you need for all the demarco murray cards you got?
russellmg76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #13 (permalink)

Seeing as how the profit margin does not really make too much of a difference, I am not really trying to sell those cards. I can tell you that if you have about $5 you can get both of those cards at check out my cards. The minimum buy in is $10 though.