Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > FOOTBALL BOX BREAKS

FOOTBALL BOX BREAKS Post Your Football Box & case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 05:10 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgahee21nfl View Post
Its not stealing if they agree to sell it to you...

lol if you think walmart isn't actively trying to take advantage of you
LOL that you don't realize you are a clown.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray27Ray52 View Post
LOL that you don't realize you are a clown.
what is this the fifth grade? are you just going to keep responding to peoples posts by calling them names, rather than give reasons for why and show you have at least a bit of intelligence?
mcgahee21nfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:18 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
what is this the fifth grade? are you just going to keep responding to peoples posts by calling them names, rather than give reasons for why and show you have at least a bit of intelligence?
The fact that you feel you need an explanation for my name calling speaks loudly as to your code of ethics and integrity. It's easy to do the right thing when everyone is watching. What makes you a good person is when you do the right thing when no one is watching. It is abundantly clear which side of the fence you stand on. Therefore, my opinion of you stands.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
The fact that you feel you need an explanation for my name calling speaks loudly as to your code of ethics and integrity. It's easy to do the right thing when everyone is watching. What makes you a good person is when you do the right thing when no one is watching. It is abundantly clear which side of the fence you stand on. Therefore, my opinion of you stands.
there is no justification for your name calling, and there is no correlation between "my need for an explanation" (which i didn't ask for) and my integrity.

i DID understand exactly what you were getting at when you called me a clown... i wasn't asking you to qualify your lack of tact.... i was merely asking you not to be so disruptive and childish via your response....

you don't know me personally, and to treat me, and others, with at the very least a non super disrespectful tone shouldn't be a lot for someone who is judging peoples all around code of conduct, with a seemingly overbearing and narrow minded point of view
mcgahee21nfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
there is no justification for your name calling, and there is no correlation between "my need for an explanation" (which i didn't ask for) and my integrity.

i DID understand exactly what you were getting at when you called me a clown... i wasn't asking you to qualify your lack of tact.... i was merely asking you not to be so disruptive and childish via your response....

you don't know me personally, and to treat me, and others, with at the very least a non super disrespectful tone shouldn't be a lot for someone who is judging peoples all around code of conduct, with a seemingly overbearing and narrow minded point of view
Honestly, you aren't even worth the time. I have no desire to match wits with an unarmed man. Welcome to ignore. Get warm and cozy and nuzzle up with all of the other idiots.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:01 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Honestly, you aren't even worth the time. I have no desire to match wits with an unarmed man. Welcome to ignore. Get warm and cozy and nuzzle up with all of the other idiots.
If we are all a waste of time with no integrity why post your comments or reply to us 'idiots'. just do your thing and add us to your ignore list....you seem to have a running tally already.
highendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:53 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
So much wrong with this way of thinking.

So basically it's ok to steal from the rich but not the poor?
Is it just me...or do all the people supporting these kind of acts have 300 or fewer posts? Likely meaning young and dont care.

I can somewhat see the argument in the other thread...if the box actually rang up said wrong amount (not agreeing it was right since he absolutely knew it was more)

But in this case...the packs rang up the RIGHT price, yet you used a technicality (hung on wrong rack/under wrong price sticker) to your advantage.

That to me is worse.

Good luck in future dealings on here with this kind of attitude
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azviking101 View Post
I totally think its wrong what that one guy did with buying a box and only getting it scanned once but wal mart marked the price wrong... i bet plenty of people buying this had no idea the price was marked wrong.
Walmart didn't "mark the price wrong"...perhaps learning to read would help?

This douchebag has already admitted the racks rang up correctly at $10....and since Walmart doesn't individually sticker their items, it means either the Beckett associate who stocked the shelf hung them on a wrong peg marked with a $5 price label (possible), they were hung on the wrong peg after a pack-searching lowlife fondled them all while being the scum all pack searchers are (likely), or were delibereately moved to the wrong peghook so some worthless douchebag could do exactly what this douchebag did...try to scam a discount (extremely likely).

Nothing was "marked wrong" as this douchebag initially stated.
westerngac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal TJ View Post
Doesn't matter. If it's marked, customer's getting the lower price at 99% of retail establishments out there.
Walmart doesn't mark their products with a price sticker.

This was either a douchebag being an opportunist or a douchebag outright stealing by placing the items on the wrong peghook with a cheaper price label so he could artificially create a price complaint at the register...I know which one I believe it to be.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azviking101 View Post
If this was my local hobby shop, I might tell him that it's marked wrong, but come on people! This is Wal-Mart. Who cares whether Walmart loses a little money. 1/2 off!
As an employee, I do.....what an idiotic thing to say.

I have to deal with pos scammers doing what this #@#@#@clown did on a daily basis....it directly affects the department I manage, and affects my bottom line by reducing my quarterly bonus potential.

You keep falling back on that "if it's marked wrong" BS.

It wasn't....it scanned correctly and this douche is CLAIMING it was "marked wrong"....and since he never responded to the few people who questioned him about whether the individual racks were stickered themselves, one can infer from his silence on that issue that they weren't stickered, and he meant they were on a peghook marked $5 rather than $10....so he's basically a thief.

Beckett Associates, the VENDOR who packs out the cards, doesn't sticker price any product except old blasters on markdown or those 20 pack value boxes.

New products get hung on a peghook with a price marker above it.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:52 PM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
No kidding, never understood why people get so angry about this

What isle supposed to do, tell them they should be $10 and offer to pay double for it?

Or just not buy them because they're priced wrong?

It's not like he changed the price on them or convinced them that they should be $5 and not $10

That's exactly what he did....they rang up at the register for $10 each, he told the cashier they were on a peg marked $5, and I'm betting exhibited just enough attitude that the cashier figured it just wasn't worth the hassle, caved in and did a price override, and the scammer got what he wanted. If he claims the individual racks were sticker priced $5 each, he's out and out lying.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:53 PM   #87 (permalink)

Meanwhile the WalMart employees are playing frisbee with someone's unsuspecting iPad, offering low wages, looking for City subsidies from the taxpayer, running overseas sweatshops, not advancing women in the workplace, and making the copay on insurance so high that most employees rely on government medical costing taxpayers a trillion dollars. I would not try and get $10 cards for $5 based on a technicality out of fact it is stealing. At same time I would not get bent if somebody was rang up for $5 knowing it was $10 because I know I have been overcharged many times and been treated like crap at WalMart where in my neck of the woods they keep thermostat just north of 80 degrees...holy energy wasting at its finest. I get being honest. I have 3 small children I need to set example for but WalMart is not a great example of a company who is that concerned with their bottom line or yours. I agree that knowing you are getting over is stealing. I am just trolling to say F WalMart...
kevinandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinandji View Post
Meanwhile the WalMart Distribution Center employees are playing frisbee with someone's unsuspecting iPad, Walmart Corporate is offering low wages, looking for City subsidies from the taxpayer, running overseas sweatshops, not advancing women in the workplace, and making the copay on insurance so high that most uneducated or lazy employees who can't assure that they'll rise in the company rely on government medical costing taxpayers a trillion dollars.

I would not try and get $10 cards for $5 based on a technicality out of fact it is stealing. At same time I would not get bent if somebody was rang up for $5 knowing it was $10 because I know I have been overcharged many times and been treated like crap at WalMart where in my neck of the woods they keep thermostat just north of 80 degrees...holy energy wasting at its finest. I get being honest. I have 3 small children I need to set example for but WalMart is not a great example of a company who is that concerned with their bottom line or yours. I agree that knowing you are getting over is stealing. I am just trolling to say F WalMart...
Fixed the first paragraph for you.........

As to your second paragraph...and this goes for a large number of you here who seem to have reading comprehension problems or are trying to spin-doctor this..LEARN TO READ.

The douche in question wasn't rang up for $5 knowing it was $10, so trying to bring that scenario into play is disingenuous at best.

He was rang up for the correct amount and contested that fact with the cashier, yet he's made statements that implied the items were "marked" at a cheaper price. They weren't.

And you're wrong and right with your assessment of Walmart CORPORATE.

They are very concerned with their bottom line to the extent that it affects the stock price, the shareholders and the bonuses they receive.

They're less concerned at the lower individual store level and pass the negatives to the bottom line down the chain...who do you think the kind of BS perpetrated by this douche and others like him affects more, the employee at the store level who maybe now takes a hit on their quarterly bonus, or maybe gets no bonus at all if the store in question isn't getting the numbers they need to get, or the company itself as a whole?

Think of it in those terms and you'll maybe get why I'm a little more annoyed than others here at what this thieving pos did...
Old 11-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by westerngac View Post
Fixed the first paragraph for you.........

As to your second paragraph...and this goes for a large number of you here who seem to have reading comprehension problems or are trying to spin-doctor this..LEARN TO READ.

The douche in question wasn't rang up for $5 knowing it was $10, so trying to bring that scenario into play is disingenuous at best.

He was rang up for the correct amount and contested that fact with the cashier, yet he's made statements that implied the items were "marked" at a cheaper price. They weren't.

And you're wrong and right with your assessment of Walmart CORPORATE.

They are very concerned with their bottom line to the extent that it affects the stock price, the shareholders and the bonuses they receive.

They're less concerned at the lower individual store level and pass the negatives to the bottom line down the chain...who do you think the kind of BS perpetrated by this douche and others like him affects more, the employee at the store level who maybe now takes a hit on their quarterly bonus, or maybe gets no bonus at all if the store in question isn't getting the numbers they need to get, or the company itself as a whole?

Think of it in those terms and you'll maybe get why I'm a little more annoyed than others here at what this thieving pos did...

I worked for Walmart for 3+ years, whether what the OP did was right or wrong it has a .000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of effecting your quarterly bonus.

What really effects your bonus are 1.) Your own employees stealing from your company and 2.) your own employees not properly doing there job (like the cashier in this instance did).

And for everyone saying he couldn't do it this way or he had to do it this way the only one who knows is the OP because 1.) he was the only one of us there and 2.) Wal-mart's pricing system is about as reliable as a blind QB.

Whether what OP did was ethically/morally wrong is none of my concern but he did nothing wrong to Wal-mart that it didn't deserve. What a terrible company to work......
Buying all past and present Braves (in a Braves Uniform or in their system when the card was made). Also, looking for Falcons and UGA & GT Football Alumni (A.J. Green, Calvin Johnson, Matt Stafford, etc) http://s1358.photobucket.com/albums/q763/blakesbucketofphotos/ COMC account 800+ cards lowest prices on the site.
btmcrushers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinandji View Post
Meanwhile the WalMart employees are playing frisbee with someone's unsuspecting iPad, offering low wages, looking for City subsidies from the taxpayer, running overseas sweatshops, not advancing women in the workplace, and making the copay on insurance so high that most employees rely on government medical costing taxpayers a trillion dollars. I would not try and get $10 cards for $5 based on a technicality out of fact it is stealing. At same time I would not get bent if somebody was rang up for $5 knowing it was $10 because I know I have been overcharged many times and been treated like crap at WalMart where in my neck of the woods they keep thermostat just north of 80 degrees...holy energy wasting at its finest. I get being honest. I have 3 small children I need to set example for but WalMart is not a great example of a company who is that concerned with their bottom line or yours. I agree that knowing you are getting over is stealing. I am just trolling to say F WalMart...

+1 we used to do s**t all the time in the STORE not the DC..and talk about low wages..i pretty much made the majority of the sales in my department but because I didn't kiss rear or have big boobies my raises were a joke. And I actually had an education unlike the most of my co-workers.
Buying all past and present Braves (in a Braves Uniform or in their system when the card was made). Also, looking for Falcons and UGA & GT Football Alumni (A.J. Green, Calvin Johnson, Matt Stafford, etc) http://s1358.photobucket.com/albums/q763/blakesbucketofphotos/ COMC account 800+ cards lowest prices on the site.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #91 (permalink)

I didn't realize all of you inconsiderate, narcissistic, egotistical #@#@#@#@#@#@#@s were with me at Walmart, please explain to me in detail what happened? Quit yet bitching and move on. Half of you probably buy cards at half price all the time take a profit, you are no different. I doubt you pay book value for any card you have. If they want to have the peg hook labeled 2012 Topped Chrome Racks 4.98, than so be it, not my problem. You people are beyond ridiculous.
R3dm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:31 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dm4n View Post
I didn't realize all of you inconsiderate, narcissistic, egotistical #@#@#@#@#@#@#@s were with me at Walmart, please explain to me in detail what happened? Quit yet bitching and move on. Half of you probably buy cards at half price all the time take a profit, you are no different. I doubt you pay book value for any card you have. If they want to have the peg hook labeled 2012 Topped Chrome Racks 4.98, than so be it, not my problem. You people are beyond ridiculous.
Except they didn't have a peg hook labeled "2012 Topps Chrome Racks $4.98", and you're full of it by saying so.

The BEST you'll ever convince anybody of is SOMEONE put the Topps Chrome racks on a peghook reserved for one of the other $4.98 products, and you took advantage of the situation. And that's still a scumbag move.

And at worst YOU either moved the items to the wrong peghook with the $4.98 price, or lied to the cashier outright about the price to set up your little discount scenario, which would make you a thief.

I know which one I'm betting is more accurate based on your prior comments...
Old 11-11-2012, 06:37 PM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by btmcrushers View Post
I worked for Walmart for 3+ years, whether what the OP did was right or wrong it has a .000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of effecting your quarterly bonus.

What really effects your bonus are 1.) Your own employees stealing from your company and 2.) your own employees not properly doing there job (like the cashier in this instance did).

And for everyone saying he couldn't do it this way or he had to do it this way the only one who knows is the OP because 1.) he was the only one of us there and 2.) Wal-mart's pricing system is about as reliable as a blind QB.

Whether what OP did was ethically/morally wrong is none of my concern but he did nothing wrong to Wal-mart that it didn't deserve. What a terrible company to work......
Multiply what this clown did by the hundreds of lowlifes who pull this kind of scam monthly, in all departments of a store, and it certainly can add up, sport. To think otherwise is naive and indicative of a lack of a grasp of the realities of how the system works.

3+ years, eh? As what, a cartpusher?
Old 11-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #94 (permalink)
Banned

I don't see what the big deal is with the OP getting the packs at a discount. Most of you who are bashing the OP are probably just mad because you didn't get the deal yourself. Either way I know for a fact that wal-mart isn't losing money on packs of cards. The store doesn't get credit for the cards until they are scanned. The distributor rents the section that the cards are in and puts its products there. Wal-mart has nothing to do with it. They don't order or stock the shelves. It's not even in wal-marts system until they go through the register.
tsettle34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #95 (permalink)

Interested in any J. Freeman Ref. Variations you get
Old 11-11-2012, 07:00 PM   #96 (permalink)

Lol. You know what I did? What a smug dickhead comment. Your ignorance is scum. They had it labeled at 4.98. I don't work there, I don't know how they price. They are behind a locked cabinet, and no I honestly didn't know how much they cost, cause that was the 1st rack pack I ever bought. I found out when I got home and started reading others posts.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #97 (permalink)

Carlson, believe I only pulled an orange of freeman. I'll let you know.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:

Its only okay if you are the government.

Yes we can.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by westerngac View Post
Multiply what this clown did by the hundreds of lowlifes who pull this kind of scam monthly, in all departments of a store, and it certainly can add up, sport. To think otherwise is naive and indicative of a lack of a grasp of the realities of how the system works.

3+ years, eh? As what, a cartpusher?
Umm actually no. I was a remodel supervisor and then I worked in electronics. And again the majority of your shrinkage comes from Employee stealing and employees making a mistake one way or another.

For instance one year my stores shrinkage was over $1 mil. Got a new Store manager a new head of AP and it went down to about $700k. AP didn't make $300,000 worth in more stops. It came from tons of people finally being fired and managers gaining some competence.

I love how people's response is to automatically try to take a jab at someone i.e." as what, a cart pusher" (yeah, that is two words btw). Makes me think 1.) you're insecure as can be or 2.) your a d.s.o.b

Btw, what do you do at wal-mart for a living..............
Old 11-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:

It pretty much equals itself out..You don't think the rich don't steal from the poor? If they didn't they wouldn't be in business.

You think wal-mart is as wealthy as it is because it sells stuff for exactly the cost plus expenses?