Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > FOOTBALL BOX BREAKS

FOOTBALL BOX BREAKS Post Your Football Box & case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Brian Gray is pretty amazing...

So I took the other members advice on here and contacted Brian Gray regarding the 9.5 Newton in 2012 BOF. He called me personally within 10 minutes of hitting send. He told me to keep the Newton and return the Deacon Jones and he will send me out a new box. He apologized and said that card should have never been put in product and it was an error. Now I ask my fellow collectors what other company does that? That is completely awesome and thank you Brian Gray...wow! Panini will not send my redemptions and screwed me many times and Topps lied to the BBB. No matter what anyone says about Leaf and their products, past deeds, etc When the owner calls you personally within 10 minutes I have nothing but praise. Thank you Brian Gray and Leaf for handling this...
kevinandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

Not bad on the customer service front. I wonder what you are going to get now?

CRYBABY... j/k
Old 12-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

Wow, that is AWESOME. good luck on your new box!!
scotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Fantastic. Glad to hear they (he) takes CS seriously! Can't wait to see what you pull from the fresh box!
Old 12-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Brian helped me a while back and was truly awesome to talk to and get the issue fixed!

Kevin
Old 12-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

Yeah he seems like a good dude
tnarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

I just started working with Leaf doing sketch cards and they are a pretty nice group of people. Glad to hear about the great customer service.
Tigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

That's great that he's helping you out and all, but does anyone else think the more telling aspect about this is that they actually put that card in a product like this (mistake or not) than that he is helping out after the fact?

I mean, how could it have really been a mistake, they bought the card, why else would Leaf be buying that card if not to put it in this product?

Sounds to be like they were just hoping some rich case breaker would shrug it off as a loss and pull one over one the consumer but it got opened by someone with a brain
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

Good to hear--I was wondering like the others if there was a mistake there with that being put into this product.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

I figured something like that would happen, he really tries you have to give him that.
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
That's great that he's helping you out and all, but does anyone else think the more telling aspect about this is that they actually put that card in a product like this (mistake or not) than that he is helping out after the fact?

I mean, how could it have really been a mistake, they bought the card, why else would Leaf be buying that card if not to put it in this product?

Sounds to be like they were just hoping some rich case breaker would shrug it off as a loss and pull one over one the consumer but it got opened by someone with a brain
That's one way to view it.

I think the other is they are buying up a ton of cards, getting them graded, and a few may get in by mistake that shouldn't during packout.

Brian has always been quick to correct these low-value cards being pulled, so I think the mistake route is the likely one here. Really that's all you can ask for. If someone pulls a card that obviously doesn't belong and fails to notify them, what can you do about that?
Old 12-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Whatever happened to just taking it in the azz like all collectors over the last 10 years? I bet you send your food back in restaurants all the time.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

That is very cool of him to do that. But I will say this is the third time I have heard the "never should have been in the product" line for this product.....
sdoug76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #14 (permalink)

I have seen them do this a couple times already with baseball and basketball. Its a win win for him if someone doesn't complain he gets away with putting a 10 dollar card in the product, and if someone does say anything people think hes so great for fixing a mistake he should of never made.
S.Gallagherfan6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
That's one way to view it.

I think the other is they are buying up a ton of cards, getting them graded, and a few may get in by mistake that shouldn't during packout.

Brian has always been quick to correct these low-value cards being pulled, so I think the mistake route is the likely one here. Really that's all you can ask for. If someone pulls a card that obviously doesn't belong and fails to notify them, what can you do about that?
But even you mention there that this isn't the first time a card has come out of a product like this that shouldn't have ever been in there.

I'm sorry, but a product that costs this much and has one card in it, there just shouldn't be mistakes like this.

It would be like buying a box of Gold Standard and finding a pack of Prominence inside or Five Star and finding Inception, you don't see Panini or Topps making those kind of mistakes.

Fixing it is great and obviously should be done, but I think the mistake is more worse than the correction is good
Old 12-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Sweet I'm gonna keep buying boxes of leaf product and when I don't get a card I like I'm gonna email Brian and tell him I want a new box hahahaha. I have a feeling that this is gonna be bad for him
Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
But even you mention there that this isn't the first time a card has come out of a product like this that shouldn't have ever been in there.

I'm sorry, but a product that costs this much and has one card in it, there just shouldn't be mistakes like this.

It would be like buying a box of Gold Standard and finding a pack of Prominence inside or Five Star and finding Inception, you don't see Panini or Topps making those kind of mistakes.

Fixing it is great and obviously should be done, but I think the mistake is more worse than the correction is good
Don't be so fast about that... Didn't someone on the board pulled a Prizm Kyrie Irving Redemption auto out of Totally Certified??

If it is a true mistake or not, the point is BG took care of it... Not saying I love leaf, but when is the last time you talked to someone from UD, Topps or Panini that actually cared??

I think that is what OP is trying to say...regardless if there was a hidden agenda what not... Leaf customer service has been very good.
wegoingsizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:50 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegoingsizzler View Post
Don't be so fast about that... Didn't someone on the board pulled a Prizm Kyrie Irving Redemption auto out of Totally Certified??

If it is a true mistake or not, the point is BG took care of it... Not saying I love leaf, but when is the last time you talked to someone from UD, Topps or Panini that actually cared??

I think that is what OP is trying to say...regardless if there was a hidden agenda what not... Leaf customer service has been very good.
That's one card, and a redemption at that so a mix up is understandable, and from products at a similar price point. Hence my comparison of buying a high end product and getting a low-mid end pack inside when all you get is the one pack.

Customer Service is great and all, call me old school, but I'd prefer to see them proactive and get it right from the star than be reactive and deal with any issues later
Old 12-06-2012, 02:56 PM   #19 (permalink)

sending you a new box? can't beat that!
jumbogorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #20 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to p.thomaston

Congrats man, wish I would've done this. Busted a case of this stuff and didn't even make $150 back on my 3 boxes. That's enough to make somebody never attempt to open the product again.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #21 (permalink)

Thanks for replies and keeping it positive. Even away from being card related his customer service is a perfect 10. When I say he called within 5-10 minutes of hitting send I just sat there with jaw on floor. That is class and whether hobby related or any other company that kind of customer service is not only rare but non existent.

Brian Gray said the goal was to have the card be at least 40% of what eBay's price point is. So at $200 you should expect an $80 slab plus the sketch card. That is his aim and he does his best to make it happen. Not too shabby since I know out of 11 boxes of 2011 Rookie Retro that is pretty much what 9 of the 11 boxes had. I broke even on a 9.5 Olajuwon rookie and a PSA 10 Tony Gwynn. I had a feeling this 9.5 Newton base had to be a mistake. Either way I am keeping the 9.5 Newton, sending in the Deacon, and getting new box. Of course I will let my fellow members know what it brings.

And no Backer....I never send food back, I don't like spit in my potatoes...hahaha. Please, please, please take Rusty off as your Avatar, it creeps me out big time.
kevinandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:13 PM   #22 (permalink)

hope you get another Cam Topps Chrome RC BGS 9.5
bjtheman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #23 (permalink)

Mistakes? Wait a minute now guys.... Brian Gray has said in the past he personally packages these. HE is the guy who buys the cards that go in this product. He made a mistake? How exactly? What was the Newton meant for? He simply put a $10 card in there hoping to get away with one as I am sure he has many others. You called him out on a forum that he reads quite often and he responds. Now you post how great HE is when it was HE that put the $10 joke in there to begin with. You guys crack me up.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:19 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigner View Post
I just started working with Leaf doing sketch cards and they are a pretty nice group of people. Glad to hear about the great customer service.
Your sketch cards are amazing! I love the detail you put into the helmets. They seem to sell very well too.
weirdquadguyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #25 (permalink)
tpd

Brian is a good guy I bought a box of valiant that was missing an auto and he sent me a three cards, one of them booked for $150
tpd is offline   Reply With Quote