Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > FOOTBALL BOX BREAKS

FOOTBALL BOX BREAKS Post Your Football Box & case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 12:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 1 Topps Value Box from Wal-Mart. POST YOUR RESULTS!!!

Nothing good to report on this one =(

I did get some rookies, though I feel my best was also part of my PC. A Nick Perry RC. The other packers I got was a Ryan Grant tall boy and a Jordy Nelson base.

The 1 hobby pack of Platinum was disappointing. My rookie was Ryan Lindley, and I did get a Matt Flynn Ruby Red parallel. The Flynn card was strange, as it looked about 2 - 2.5x as thick as a regular card. I thought it was going to be a jersey card!

Also, the box stated that inside would be either an exclusive Andrew Luck or an RGIII Chrome Rookie Refeactor Card. Well...I am not sure what it is, but it is NOT Chrome. It looks a lot like Finest if anything, but again, it is not Finest. All it says is Topps. Strange. Keeping it regardless.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicoCheese View Post
I did get a Matt Flynn Ruby Red parallel. The Flynn card was strange, as it looked about 2 - 2.5x as thick as a regular card. I thought it was going to be a jersey card!
I had this happen to me as well, I got a Jay Cutler
mikebsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have gotten at least 3 or 4 of these and not much of anything to call good hits. Still fun for the break.
http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c273/Gadsden86/
Welker83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

Just broke one. Same deal. Pack of Platinum had a thick ruby B. Lloyd, and the Topps had nothing to speak of besides a T Rich RC. As far as the Luck/RG3 "Chrome" refractors, they are only available in these boxes, and while they are not "Topps Chrome" brand, they are a chrome finish. These boxes are worth a shot, because after the Luck/RG3 refractor and the code card, that is about half of your money back right off the bat.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

Hey Sauce, quick question for you:

If one wanted to sell the Luck/RG3 RC that comes in these boxes, how would one market it? I mean, you can't call it Chrome but it IS a Refractor. Would you just label as "2012 Topps Andrew Luck RC Refractor"?

Also, what does everyone think of these "Hobby" pack being stuck in these boxes? Are they...how do I say this..."searched hobby packs" that Topps knows doesn't contain any major hits or do you have a legit shot at an RG3 auto, or an Aaron Rodgers patch etc etc?

--Rob.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:

If one wanted to sell the Luck/RG3 RC that comes in these boxes, how would one market it? I mean, you can't call it Chrome but it IS a Refractor. Would you just label as "2012 Topps Andrew Luck RC Refractor"?

Also, what does everyone think of these "Hobby" pack being stuck in these boxes? Are they...how do I say this..."searched hobby packs" that Topps knows doesn't contain any major hits or do you have a legit shot at an RG3 auto, or an Aaron Rodgers patch etc etc?

--Rob.
Those are very good questions
mikebsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

Try the 9.99 hanger packs instead as I found many camo and pink parallels /399, 2 jerseys and an autograph. Many packs I opened have 4 code cards instead of 1. The last day to enter the codes is January 31. Only 15 players in the retail 1957 Topps insert set and one per hanger pack.
I am collecting LeBron James 2010-11 cards in general. 100 different 2010-11 cards and 100 total LeBron cards reached on May 11, 2012. 191 total LeBrons cards now. I got 177 certified autographed cards with 100 being reached on 10-11-12, 150 reached on 3-25-13 and 1 Manute Bol "non-certified" autograph. (none of LeBron of course)
dxtrfn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxtrfn80 View Post
Try the 9.99 hanger packs instead as I found many camo and pink parallels /399, 2 jerseys and an autograph. Many packs I opened have 4 code cards instead of 1. The last day to enter the codes is January 31. Only 15 players in the retail 1957 Topps insert set and one per hanger pack.

My fear with the hanger packs are the packe searchers out there. Though I am not in a large city, I am in a decent sized town.

So...what does one do with the code cards? I thought you were supposed to guess how many points were going to be scored per team you get, right?
Old 01-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
My fear with the hanger packs are the packe searchers out there. Though I am not in a large city, I am in a decent sized town.

So...what does one do with the code cards? I thought you were supposed to guess how many points were going to be scored per team you get, right?
You had to guess which 5 teams would have the highest point totals and if there was a tie you had to guess how many points were scored by all teams that week.

I also live in a decent sized town, guess not many pack searchers around in the area or they go for the higher end retail products. (Topps Chrome, etc.)
I am collecting LeBron James 2010-11 cards in general. 100 different 2010-11 cards and 100 total LeBron cards reached on May 11, 2012. 191 total LeBrons cards now. I got 177 certified autographed cards with 100 being reached on 10-11-12, 150 reached on 3-25-13 and 1 Manute Bol "non-certified" autograph. (none of LeBron of course)
dxtrfn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:24 PM   #10 (permalink)

just got owned on two of these
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/drew306
drew306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:31 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:

--Rob.
I would list them as "Topps Refractor", the use of "Chrome" is not out of the question though, as they are labeled as chrome and do have a chrome finish. As long as you have a scan of the card, the use of chrome is fine. As far as the hobby packs, I feel they are just that, hobby packs. I do not believe they are searched, as I have seen some nice hits pulled. Obviously, with only 1 pack from a hobby box, the odds are not in your favor for a big hit. All in all, this is a great VALUE product from Topps. Hope that helps.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #12 (permalink)

I just picked one up the other day and it was good. I got 7 inserts out of the topps packs and a michael egnew on card auto from platinum but I think every hobby platinum pack has a think ruby card as a decoy but I could be wrong
Old 01-12-2013, 07:26 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Tried out another box this morning and pulled a Turbin Finest Auto 3 color patch #/10000000. Not too bad at all!
SKCardCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:49 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKCardCo View Post
Tried out another box this morning and pulled a Turbin Finest Auto 3 color patch #/10000000. Not too bad at all!

Thanks for your contribution.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

Thanks for your contribution.
Sorry I mean Platinum instead of Finest...
SKCardCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:16 PM   #16 (permalink)

I didn't know that the Platinum pack was a hobby pack. I may need to try one of these.

I usually just get the walmart re-packs. I usually do well on those
azviking101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:34 PM   #17 (permalink)

I've pulled some awesome patch autos from this. I have bought a ton of these since I don't have a hobby shop anywhere near me and I love platinum. Here are my pulls through the process
Redemption for this:

(Obviously minus the elite)

Old 01-14-2013, 09:50 PM   #18 (permalink)

Holy cow. I will be buying myself one of these tomorrow!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #19 (permalink)

I tried one of these and didn't get anything. I do think that having the thick ruby parrallel as a decoy is genius. It's not exactly wasting cardboard by putting just a plain decoy in the packs.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:32 PM   #20 (permalink)

Nice pulls man! That Russell Wilson has GOT to be paying off!

I hope to get another one of these as soon as I can! Just short on cash lately!

Will also post my results!
Old 01-15-2013, 01:52 PM   #21 (permalink)

I got one of those topps boxes for my son for Christmas and to my surprise...Steve Young QB Immortals Jersey card /50

Pretty nice pull from a $10 box
s-challenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:28 PM   #22 (permalink)

$10?! They are $15 around here!
Old 01-15-2013, 06:41 PM   #23 (permalink)

So, I decided I would buy a few of these after you guys brought to my attention that the Platinum were Hobby Packs. (I don't read too well )
These are the hits from 3 of the value boxes

Anyway, I think I did extremely well even though the autos are of the wrong rookies. Bryant /399
Rainey /99 (if you can even call that an autograph)
Graham /1058
Attached Thumbnails
1 Topps Value Box from Wal-Mart. POST YOUR RESULTS!!!-dezbryant.jpg   1 Topps Value Box from Wal-Mart. POST YOUR RESULTS!!!-platinum-patches.jpg  

Last edited by azviking101; 01-15-2013 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:44 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azviking101 View Post
So, I decided I would buy a few of these after you guys brought to my attention that the Platinum were Hobby Packs. (I don't read too well )
These are the hits from 3 of the value boxes

Anyway, I think I did extremely well even though the autos are of the wrong rookies. Bryant /399
Rainey /99 (if you can even call that an autograph)
Graham /1058
Too bad Rainey had to be cut. That'd be good if he could keep clean.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #25 (permalink)

Wow, nice pulls AZViking. I will HAVE to make sure to get more of these ASAP. Maybe next week I will have an extra few bucks!