Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > FOOTBALL BOX BREAKS

FOOTBALL BOX BREAKS Post Your Football Box & case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 10:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2009 Topps Finest Mini-Box

Absolute Garbage.

My hit was an Andre Brown Autographed Relic Rookie Card.

I'm friggin furious. This kids rookie year was over before the pre-season started, and this is what I pay for?

I know nobody wants this card anyways, but it will not be available because it is going into the garbage.
cgobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:13 AM   #2 (permalink)

Finest (in all sports) has been crap since they started the box in a box idea.
Same thing with Bowman Best. They killed two nice releases by trying to get fancy with them. What happened is they put in a bunch of crap autographs, spiked the prices and killed any chance of a return for your $$$.

I had a run of Bowman Best and Finest in each sport form 1993-2002 but I haven't bought a box of it since- other than for a customer.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:33 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah, I'm pretty much done buying unopened stuff from now on. I usually get the shaft. This just kind of seals the deal for me. After the case breaks I'm signed up for on these forums are over, I'm sticking to buying singles.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to bigboysoffootball

You know that's the chance you take when buying a box. You get the bad with the good you can't open every box and make your money back. It's just the way it is.

R.I.P PAPAJIM
bigboysoffootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

I completely understand that man. I just don't have good luck. Plus I can pick up 4 or 5 singels that I would like to have for what I paid for that mini-box. Just reinforcement for lessons already learned.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

I still have yet to figure out why people complain about their breaks. If you're breaking as a hobby, it shouldn't matter. If it's for investment purposes only, you should not be busting wax at all.

You need to figure out what you're looking to get out of the card collecting world. If it's for fun, and as a hobby...then bust and quit your whining.

If you're investing, quit breaking wax and buy singles.

It's that simple. I bust for fun, and never complain. All my breaks could be better but I don't care.

That's the risk you take. That's like complaining about busting a box of 1989 Pro Set and not making your money back. You know the product is junk, so stay away.

So while you're off being "friggin furious", I'll be sitting here content and laughing at the thought of your complaints that are nowhere near valid.
tnarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

Yeah dude, you broke one mini-box, not even a full box and are that upset ??? I'd grab a 6er and a lawn chair to watch you get skunked on a case of Exquisite

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

It's ok guys. Look at the fifth post down, there's a smiley face at the end of my post, I got over it real quick. That's what the smiley face means. No longer angry. Sorry I have to spell it out. I-A-M-N-O-L-O-N-G-E-R-A-N-G-R-Y. I was upset for a second, that's all, thanks for the jabs though! These forums are pretty entertaining.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

When I had my store I would open several boxes of each product so customers could pick up singles, see the product and do a little advertising to sell some boxes. Very, very, very rarely made any money on the open boxes short term but once in a while a card would get hot down the road and you would make a little more back from the open boxes.

If you rip for fun then rip away. If you rip for profit you will lose 95% of the time unless you are doing some big time cases and can deal with a short term loss.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:27 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Yeah dude, you broke one mini-box, not even a full box and are that upset ??? I'd grab a 6er and a lawn chair to watch you get skunked on a case of Exquisite
lol.............

-I do not send paypal payments as a gift, you pay your fee's and I will pay mine-
www.JLR0747.com
Twitter: @JLR0747
JLR0747 is offline   Reply With Quote