Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > FOOTBALL BOX BREAKS

FOOTBALL BOX BREAKS Post Your Football Box & case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default One of the BEST Five Star Boxes Out There!!!

Stopped by my LCS (Legacy Sports Cards in Las Vegas) to bust a box of Five Star I had on hold. MrChipz posted the other two boxes from the case (Luck/Richardson dual auto and Marino patch/auto /25 were the big hits) so I was just hoping the box was decent. Solid would have been awesome.

What I got was unbelievable.

I'll be posting scans later tonight, but here's the box breakdown:

Base:
Arian Foster
Julius Peppers
Isaac Redman GONE

Jumbo Jersey:
Alshon Jeffrey (one color white)

Base Auto:
Victor Cruz /200 GONE

Rookie Patch Auto
Josh Gordon /100 (one color white)

Doesn't look like much right now, but here's where it gets AWESOME...
Rookie Triple Patch Auto Booklet:
Robert Griffin III (redemption)

And then...
I couldn't believe this was in the same box...
Rookie Holofoil Auto:
Andrew Luck 15/25!!!

YES! I pulled the two biggest rookies out of one box of this stuff! Simply amazing, and after hitting the big quad auto in NT and the Luck 1/1 in Valor, I can't think of a better way to end my 2012 football adventures!

The Luck and RGIII are NFT/NFS but the rest is FS only. Thanks for the read and, as always, comments are welcome!

Last edited by brado8236; 04-21-2013 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Scans added
brado8236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

your not serious are you!!! lmfao!! im sick right now literally hahahahahahahha
Jeremy Kerley
Super Collector
mrchipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchipz View Post
your not serious are you!!! lmfao!! im sick right now literally hahahahahahahha
I am serious, this actually happened. I was just as floored as everyone else...I sent Johnny a pic of the break at the shop, either text him or PM me your number and I'll send it to you. Or I'll be posting scans tonight after work...

That was one HOT case!
Old 04-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

omg !!! figures they have 6 boxes i buy 5 and leave that 1 behind. im sick lol!! im happy for you though! i just cant believe it that was such a loaded case and i swear i thought there was somthing good left in that last box guess i was right! i still cant believe it. you owe me now! hahahah you gonna be at trade night?
Jeremy Kerley
Super Collector
Old 04-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
omg !!! figures they have 6 boxes i buy 5 and leave that 1 behind. im sick lol!! im happy for you though! i just cant believe it that was such a loaded case and i swear i thought there was somthing good left in that last box guess i was right! i still cant believe it. you owe me now! hahahah you gonna be at trade night?
Honestly, I'd have been thrilled with either of your other boxes from that case, lol! You were absolutely right that there was great stuff left, and I'll definitely hook you up with something in the future! I can't make it to read night because of work, but I'm sure I'll run into you eventually.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brado8236 View Post
Honestly, I'd have been thrilled with either of your other boxes from that case, lol! You were absolutely right that there was great stuff left, and I'll definitely hook you up with something in the future! I can't make it to read night because of work, but I'm sure I'll run into you eventually.
yeah i was happy with my boxes no doubt but that box was the best one hands down. it just kills me i always do this lol! i have bad luck when it comes to picking boxes i always leave the best one behind lmao. but im happy for ya man. ok well we will definitely see each other 1 day if you cant make it. take care man and congrats! that probably is the best box of this is een
Jeremy Kerley
Super Collector
Old 04-20-2013, 06:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
yeah i was happy with my boxes no doubt but that box was the best one hands down. it just kills me i always do this lol! i have bad luck when it comes to picking boxes i always leave the best one behind lmao. but im happy for ya man. ok well we will definitely see each other 1 day if you cant make it. take care man and congrats! that probably is the best box of this is een
That's usually my luck, it happened to me with Valor earlier this year. It sucks when it happens, but I don't think anybody was losing with this Five Star case, it was amazing!

Thanks again and I'm sure I'll see you soon!
Old 04-20-2013, 09:53 PM   #8 (permalink)

Dude send pics! What do you think that holofoil is going to go for on the bay? 1k?
Old 04-20-2013, 10:02 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyz129 View Post
Dude send pics! What do you think that holofoil is going to go for on the bay? 1k?
I'm at work now, but I'll be posting scans right after I get home. I don't know what the Holofoil would sell for but I'm hanging onto it for awhile. Thanks for the comment!
Old 04-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm at work now, but I'll be posting scans right after I get home. I don't know what the Holofoil would sell for but I'm hanging onto it for awhile. Thanks for the comment!
I hope not ;(
Jeremy Kerley
Super Collector
Old 04-20-2013, 10:05 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
I hope not ;(
I mean I'm not selling it, lol.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:07 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
I mean I'm not selling it, lol.
Now I'm smiling lol
Jeremy Kerley
Super Collector
Old 04-20-2013, 10:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Nice hits!!!!
BBCollector99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCollector99 View Post
Nice hits!!!!
Thanks!
Old 04-20-2013, 10:38 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
i have bad luck when it comes to picking boxes i always leave the best one behind lmao. but im happy for ya man.
you have bad luck picking boxes?!?! i suppose... if you consider an Elway inscription auto /10, a Marino patch auto & a Luck/TRich dual auto as bad luck!

I'm with you though, i knew there was something good left in there. but since neither of us pulled it yesterday, i'm glad he hit it today. always great to see a Legacy regular hit big.

(by the way, opened the last 2 boxes of Prizm baseball from that case today... no gold /10. i did hit a Mike Trout auto /25 though.)
ejs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:41 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejs23 View Post
you have bad luck picking boxes?!?! i suppose... if you consider an Elway inscription auto /10, a Marino patch auto & a Luck/TRich dual auto as bad luck!

I'm with you though, i knew there was something good left in there. but since neither of us pulled it yesterday, i'm glad he hit it today. always great to see a Legacy regular hit big.

(by the way, opened the last 2 boxes of Prizm baseball from that case today... no gold /10. i did hit a Mike Trout auto /25 though.)
Yeah, his Five Star boxes were pretty ridiculous too! I'm glad the Legacy Luck spread to this product! (And to Prizm baseball, that Trout auto was FILTHY!)
Old 04-20-2013, 10:45 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
I am serious, this actually happened. I was just as floored as everyone else...I sent Johnny a pic of the break at the shop, either text him or PM me your number and I'll send it to you. Or I'll be posting scans tonight after work...

That was one HOT case!

and that was the hottest box in a hot case. even an Egnew couldn't cool that case off.

glad you hit it. your streak may have cooled there for a little while but it looks like it's heated up again!
ejs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:50 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejs23 View Post
and that was the hottest box in a hot case. even an Egnew couldn't cool that case off.

glad you hit it. your streak may have cooled there for a little while but it looks like it's heated up again!
You're absolutely right, even being Egnew'ed couldn't stop that case from being ridiculous! I'm also glad to have hit it, and I'm glad that everyone else walked away with some great hits from that product. My streak never truly died but it definitely slowed down. I caught fire again right at the end...and right when it mattered most, lol.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:36 AM   #19 (permalink)

How much for the 2 bears you pulled?
officerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:28 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by officerp View Post
How much for the 2 bears you pulled?
Shoot me a PM and we can discuss it.

Scans have been added to the OP, thanks again to everyone for checking this out!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #21 (permalink)

quality control at it's finest...meanwhile three threads with cases are getting completely hosed and raped
Old 04-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #22 (permalink)

Happy 4-20! lol

Incoming -
Outgoing -
DetectiveChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #23 (permalink)

crazy! how much for gordon?
Old 04-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #24 (permalink)

Default Wow

Congrats man, that is awesome! A true box for the ages. I have seen several cases opened that had nary a hit, much less those 2 in the same box.

Those guys at Legacy are very cool too. I stopped in there when I was vacationing in Vegas at the beginning of the year to get some Triple Threads based on recommendations, and being that my LCS is a crook. Definitely a good store if you are in Vegas and need a card fix.
Edmond Dantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:11 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03supto View Post
quality control at it's finest...meanwhile three threads with cases are getting completely hosed and raped
I'll agree that the collation hasn't been the strong point of this product. That said, I've still seen very few giant kicks to the nuts (3-4 have been posted on BO). Most cases are at least solid to good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveChrome View Post
Happy 4-20! lol
Lol...thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2cool2go View Post
crazy! how much for gordon?
PM me if you're interested in the Gordon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
Congrats man, that is awesome! A true box for the ages. I have seen several cases opened that had nary a hit, much less those 2 in the same box.

Those guys at Legacy are very cool too. I stopped in there when I was vacationing in Vegas at the beginning of the year to get some Triple Threads based on recommendations, and being that my LCS is a crook. Definitely a good store if you are in Vegas and need a card fix.
Yeah, I'm pretty pleased with my box. I won't be able to top it so I'm not even gonna try...definitely done with Five Star!

And the guys at Legacy pretty cool. They take care of their customers and it seems like their boxes have been absolutely on fire for a few months now.