Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > FOOTBALL BOX BREAKS

FOOTBALL BOX BREAKS Post Your Football Box & case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 10:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Here is the worst 5 Star Case Break Ever!

Well I have been saying I had the worst 5 Star case break ever so some people said they wanted to see it so I am going to post it now. I usually put them in order from worst to first but there wasn't much of a difference between the two in this break unfortunately. My highest card sold for $52 and that is no lie. I made a total of $350 for the entire case and no I didn't keep any cards at all so that is the entire case. It was a major kick in the junk especially when I get on the forums here and see people buying one box and pulling and RGIII and an Andrew luck in the same box. When I got to my third box I thought it was going to be LOADED. Well I was wrong. Here it is but warning this might keep you from ever buying another case again. LOL! Hope everybody has better luck than me. I will take donations lmao!!

IT DOESN'T GET ANY WORSE THAN THAT FOLKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/Hailstone24/
Hail24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Is that Terry Bradshaw for sale?
ussoldier0424 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

If it makes you feel any better I bought a case of 2012 TTT and my best hit was a tj graham pp auto 1/1
DKfxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

Weeden for sale?
Old 04-22-2013, 11:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

You did something wrong if you didn't get more than 52 for the Bradshaw... possibly a few others.
Did you do 24 hour auctions or what?? Real bad case, but looks like you shot yourself in the foot with prices.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:10 AM   #6 (permalink)

It's nice that Cedric Benson could take the time out of his day to scribble on a few cards.
rmw10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:01 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBurg View Post
You did something wrong if you didn't get more than 52 for the Bradshaw... possibly a few others.
Did you do 24 hour auctions or what?? Real bad case, but looks like you shot yourself in the foot with prices.
that's what i was thinking. i think way too often people panic and give everything away for a few bucks.
ejs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:05 AM   #8 (permalink)

I would love the Broyles auto if it's for sale. please pm price delivered. thanks!
Old 04-23-2013, 02:43 AM   #9 (permalink)

when in doubt...sit on 'em..

unless you NEED to recoop your money...just wait
jjjackson32977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #10 (permalink)

I still think mine was worst...(not that I want to have the worst case)...my Morris will go for $60isn but your cards will outsell the rest of mine...my second best card won't sell as near as your tannehill, weeden book, or blackmon rpa.

Hope that your luck changes tho.
dvstringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #11 (permalink)

You must of done something wrong to only get 52.00 high sale. The Bradshaw and Tannehill should have got you more.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #12 (permalink)

timing is the problem with listing stuff on eBay. with all of the tragic events many who normally collect may have been glued to their T.V.s watching the current events unfold rather than watch eBay auctions.

sorry your auctions didn't do well. I know how it feels...
starwars808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:09 AM   #13 (permalink)

I did do one day auctions for the first time trying to get them up fast because I know the first ones on sell better usually. I won't do one day auctions again I know that for sure. The Weeden was the highest seller not the Bradshaw or Tannehill. What can you do just a horrible case all the way around. I should have just sat on them or put them on 7 day auction to give people some time to find them. My fault just was frustrated and did something stupid. Won't happen again.

http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/Hailstone24/
Hail24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:25 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail24 View Post
I did do one day auctions for the first time trying to get them up fast because I know the first ones on sell better usually. I won't do one day auctions again I know that for sure. The Weeden was the highest seller not the Bradshaw or Tannehill. What can you do just a horrible case all the way around. I should have just sat on them or put them on 7 day auction to give people some time to find them. My fault just was frustrated and did something stupid. Won't happen again.
my advice opinion on one day auctions is, do it for stuff you don't want or think isn't worth much, bradshaw is something that can always sell, it's a timeless hall of fame auto, that should have been bin/bo in my opinion. I don't think auctions work that good on this product because people already know who the rookies are and have seen them play, you would have been better to sit on this stuff and wait until they had a hot game or something. it works well at the beginning of the season when nobody knows what the rookies are going to do and they try to scoop them up in the new products. but by this time everybody already has a peek at what these guys can do. I don't think you really left "THAT MUCH" on the table but you did leave some money that you could have got, I wouldn't worry about it too much though because you got the luxury of selling them fast even if it was for a little less, it's quick return.