Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > FOOTBALL BOX BREAKS

FOOTBALL BOX BREAKS Post Your Football Box & case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 05:26 AM   #26 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to mjbentzen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolrobb View Post
lol, I was going to give him the benefit of the doubt until I read that he also weighs the boxes.
you can tell if a box is slightly heavier than the others... and most of the time it doesnt produce anything..

Always looking to buy Game Used or Autographs for $1-$2 each!
Do you know anyone that has 2011 Topps Gypsy Queen Queens Autographs #12, #15, or
2012 Topps Gypsy Queen Kings Autographs? I am building these sets!
mjbentzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:37 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions2001 View Post
Yea difference is he sits there opening boxes looking for the thicker packs and thats it. Not like it was an open box sittin there and he snagged the cpl thicker looking packs...lol...he intentionally opened the other boxes to dig out all the thick packs....and leave the rest just sittin there open with jackshit left in em.

For example would i say, that if i walked up, seen a box open sittin there....and by look a pack is thicker then others i wouldnt grab it, hells no...id grab it, anyone would. But would i EVER sit there opening their other sealed boxes n shuffle through em to see what looks thicker...no.

Ps i dont care what you say bout shopko and their retail boxes, lol. Bottom line...u opened them yourself to dig through the packs....PERIOD. Come back now n then see a thicker pack...u did what anyone else would do. You sit there rippin open the other stock to find them ALL...you are pack searching.

Know what pissed me off bout this from the start....is that you sit there and talk about how u busted all the closed boxes digging for the thick packs, lol...like you were so proud of it. When in reality selfish guys like yourself are the reason most retail stuff sucks...and the prime reason some shop owners dont let you get near the packs. Im not a long time collector, hell im only a few months in, but even i get this much.
You know.... jump my case all you want... if i dont do it, then someone else will... I bought 14 thick packs today, spent $42 and got a 1 nice card, and a bunch of other crap... so what... there is no law saying i cant grab the thick packs instead of the thin ones... You all seem to make me look like the bad guy, why dont you go bitch at all the people selling "HOT PACKS" on ebay, because I guarentee that they are 'feeling the packs' to know there is something in there... i dont feel anything, i grab the thicker ones. I get pissed when i see someone using their finger nails to search packs and bending them. I dont consider it pack search, i have the right to buy what I want...

BTW, i am proud of it... I found a retail box that hasnt been searched yet... would it been better if i took the whole box to customer service, had them open it and then bought all the thicker packs?

Do you know anyone that has 2011 Topps Gypsy Queen Queens Autographs #12, #15, or
Old 03-14-2010, 05:40 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA0 View Post
The Thick refractors were a step in the right direction, but they needed to be inserted in every pack not contaninig a patch auto. At least the companies are trying.
Only thing upper deck did right this past year was that all the packs in the boxes of Signature Stars and SP Authentic had dumby cards in them, and Panini studio all has dumby cards in them...

Old 03-14-2010, 05:46 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions2001 View Post
Not taking blame off plat at all. I know they do what they do with thick vs. thin packs. I know you can tell.

My whole qualm is OPENING MULTIPLE UNOPENED BOXES TO DIG THE PACKS OUT. Lets make sure the caps part is the point here. lol.
If they wanted on 1 box of each product on the shelf they would have done that, but retailers dont think that way... you have to have the merchandise on the sales floor to make the most profit margin.

Would it have been better if the two boxes where already opened and sitting there, i grabbed the 9 think packs? nope, everyone would still have a fit about it... because i got lucky and everyone got crap!

Old 03-14-2010, 05:57 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbentzen View Post
... You all seem to make me look like the bad guy, why dont you go bitch at all the people selling "HOT PACKS" on ebay, because I guarentee that they are 'feeling the packs' to know there is something in there...
There are many threads about HOT PACKS and what a scam they are. Using the search feature will bring a whole bunch of them and there is nothing good said.

I'm staying in the middle on this on but you purposely opened the 2 boxes to pull out the thick packs in search of the patch autos. What if someone wanted to buy the full boxes outright? There are still autos/refractors in the thin packs so all of those scrub thick refractors could have turned into something much better. IMO
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:23 AM   #31 (permalink)

Just to get it out of the way, "first come, first serve" does apply here. The OP was first to get into the boxes and he chose his packs, as is his right.

That said, what he did is more than a little douchey. If there are two unopened boxes and you wanna take all the thick packs from one, fine. But like cactuspies said, what if someone wanted an unopened box? Or what about some kid with $10 of allowance money who is trying to collect the thick cards got all excited about finding the boxes? Well guess what, now you've gone and screwed it up for them, too. All because you were being greedy and SEARCHING for thick packs.

You can play little semantics games all day long and deny you were pack searching. If that's how you wanna play, we can just call it box searching. It amounts to the same thing: a shady, douchebag move designed to maximize your value at the expense of anybody else who may want to buy packs.

Is it wrong? Legally, no. Is it greasy, slimy and foul-smelling, like a week old diaper filled with Indian food? You betcha.
brado8236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:18 PM   #32 (permalink)

This thread proves one thing, and one thing only!

BUY HOBBY BOXES FROM BLOWOUTCARDS!
07 Adrian Peterson RC AUTO NATIONAL TREASURES Signature Gold (Serial/25).
See @ s368.photobucket.com/albums/oo122/ilovenip/Cards/TOP%203%20PULLS
ilovenip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:48 PM   #33 (permalink)

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbentzen View Post
You know.... jump my case all you want... if i dont do it, then someone else will... I bought 14 thick packs today, spent $42 and got a 1 nice card, and a bunch of other crap... so what... there is no law saying i cant grab the thick packs instead of the thin ones... You all seem to make me look like the bad guy, why dont you go bitch at all the people selling "HOT PACKS" on ebay, because I guarentee that they are 'feeling the packs' to know there is something in there... i dont feel anything, i grab the thicker ones. I get pissed when i see someone using their finger nails to search packs and bending them. I dont consider it pack search, i have the right to buy what I want...

BTW, i am proud of it... I found a retail box that hasnt been searched yet... would it been better if i took the whole box to customer service, had them open it and then bought all the thicker packs?

That is sad bro!
I get pissed when people search packs... So what's your point??? Not giving you any grief on this, but why grab all the thick packs and not 14 random ones?? Anyway's, I'm not gonna go any further on this issue.. What is done is done.. All I will do is congratulate you on is your pack search... How low can you go??
Old 03-14-2010, 03:42 PM   #34 (permalink)

That`s why the hobbie is like it is right now,because greedy people like this,He`s showing off his $80.00 card and the poor young kids that save money for a couple of packs end up with all the commons,Good Job!!

Last edited by PHILXUS; 03-14-2010 at 04:39 PM.
PHILXUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:13 PM   #35 (permalink)
Banned

Pack searching is wrong. I have grabbed thick packs before from Wal Mart and Target but I have never opened a sealed box or weighed a box or pack. The only upside to what you did is that you didnt try and sell the hot pack itself. It was totally wrong what you did, end of story. Isnt that old saying " If so and so jumped off a bridge, would you"? That is what u were telling us when you said if you didnt do it, then somebody else would have.
BroncosFAN#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:19 PM   #36 (permalink)

Complete douche move. If all you wanted to do was pull all the thick packs, man up and buy both boxes. At least then you would not have left the crap for someone else.

I am not saying that I have never done anything wrong in my life, but I did not come on to a board to show it off and then say I was proud of it...

Last edited by golferphil; 03-14-2010 at 05:21 PM.
golferphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:56 PM   #37 (permalink)

This is why I stick to blasters, but I have my doubts about those sometimes too. It's not like they are a box of Exquisit, not to hard to reseal. Whats bad now.... caught a kid searching rack packs for the security card so he could steal the stuff.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:19 AM   #38 (permalink)

on a side note, how long would those boxes sat till someone else had done the same thing, I work in retail and i see at least 10 pack serchers come in every day its part of that and i can't put someone to sit there garding the cards all day so its ganna happen sooner or later, my advice buy blasters or from here
mike barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:15 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxx11 View Post
This is why I stick to blasters, but I have my doubts about those sometimes too. It's not like they are a box of Exquisit, not to hard to reseal. Whats bad now.... caught a kid searching rack packs for the security card so he could steal the stuff.
what do you mean by caught?
clocsta2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:46 AM   #40 (permalink)

Most of the time...I could care a less about people searching retail packs. I love to stand by them and watch them fidget why they pretend they are doing something else..LOL. But honestly....thats pretty shady to open up 2 boxes and only take the thicks packs...let alone....wiegh blaster boxes??? What a dbag...and I can say that with confidence...
jdbuzz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:51 AM   #41 (permalink)

I think they need to take thick inserts out of retail altogether, only put regular size hits in the pack. Many products have auto's in them that you cannot search packs to find them because they are on normal size cards. I refuse to buy retail packs for this reason, if I feel the need to buy some cards retail I will only buy blasters.
jknumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote