Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > FOOTBALL BOX BREAKS

FOOTBALL BOX BREAKS Post Your Football Box & case Breaks Here !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2008, 05:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
wyomedina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Live: Salt Lake City
Posts: 827
Default Thanks Blowout-07 Spa Adrian Peterson Rookie Authentics Gold #16/25

Wow, I am excited. I wanted to post this last night but had to figure how to post pics(Thanks for your help Iluvfish2).

Here is the story if you care. I like hockey but I have never collected hockey cards but 2 weeks ago when I saw the 07/08 Sp Authentics hockey on sale for $94 I thought I can't loose. I mostly wanted it to trade with other members.
I decided I needed to spend $150 so i could get free shipping. I usually get Leaf Limited Football but after the last Leaf Limited Group break I had enough of this product for the year. I decided to give UD and Sp one more try so I lifted my self imposed UD ban and got i box of Authentics.

It takes a full week to get UPS ground from Blowout to Salt lake(Free Shipping is awesome). I got 1 box of Sp hockey and 1 box of Sp Football last night. I separated small packs from big packs. I opened all small packs and got 1 no name rookie. I got to the last of the fat packs and I was pissed because UD was going to short me an auto like everyone else. I told my wife it better be a dual auto.

Instead it was Adrian Peterson Rookie Authentics gold version #16/25.



Ok, so I am super happy and not complaining but..........Don't you think for a gold version they could have thrown in a multy color patch? The ones #'d to 399 have awesome patches. Also, the edges look like they were cut with a rusty butter knife.

This is probably going in my PC. It will be too hard for me to give up the cadillac of cards. I thought about selling it and getting a lower end AP card but I'm not sure this card would be at a premium with that 1 color patch.

Anyway, Thanks Blowoutcards. 2 Awesome boxes.
UD you still stink!!!!
wyomedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,442
Default

horrible patch on that card.. why would you use a one color patch on a card to 25. Congrats on the pull but sell and buy a 399 rookie with 2 colors.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
wyomedina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Live: Salt Lake City
Posts: 827
Default

Strongly considering that! Isn't that an aweful patch for this card? For all I know that is game used piece from the trainer
wyomedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,878
Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA
Default

yeah agreed. there are cards of his out there with much better patches..

but nice pull... i see the ligth now. by only buying boxes will i get the huge hits. buy a case = no big hit. buy one box = YAHTZEE!
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
hockeyjunkie99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampa Bay Area, FL
Posts: 11,201
Default

Regardless, you should get good $$$ for it. I would think $500-$1k....no?
__________________
-NICK

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,878
Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA
Default

wyo - if you have the $ and can buy another AP card without selling yours.. you should buy now during the off season and wait to sell yours when the season starts up again.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
wyomedina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Live: Salt Lake City
Posts: 827
Default

That's a good idea. I was actually looking around when I hit this. I do think this will bring good money but as a collector if I was going to invest the money I would want a nice patch with the auto. I would much rather have a three color #'d to 399 than a 1 color #/25
wyomedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
hockeyjunkie99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampa Bay Area, FL
Posts: 11,201
Default

The 3 Colors were going for $1k+ easy when SPA first came out.
__________________
-NICK

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
wyomedina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Live: Salt Lake City
Posts: 827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
The 3 Colors were going for $1k+ easy when SPA first came out.
There was one on ebay today 3 color #'d to 399 at $455 with a couple of days left and a 2 or 3 color #'d to 25 with a buy it now of $1300.
wyomedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
rudyjustinfarrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8,989
Default

It only costs a few bucks to list a card on Ebay w/ a high BIN/BO... so throw out the hook and see what bites?!?!!? Nice card... gotta love some 1 box lovin.
rudyjustinfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
coaltowncards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Coal Township PA
Posts: 1,042
Send a message via Yahoo to coaltowncards
Default

I'll give you $500 right now! But I will only hold it until the season starts and sell it for $750+. What are you looking to get for it?
__________________
I NEED MY AVATAR 08-09 SP Game Used TM-MF Marc-Andre Fleury Team Marks letter 'E'
coaltowncards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
miller45452003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,675
Default

wow..incredible pull there!!! Just ripped a case last week and was shorted 12 auto's. Lost my butt. Best I was a Quinn 2 color patch. Hopefully ud will give me some compensation. Looks as if they will. None the less, saving the Peterson till around september is probably gonna be the best bet I believe.
miller45452003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
wyomedina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Live: Salt Lake City
Posts: 827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller45452003 View Post
wow..incredible pull there!!! Just ripped a case last week and was shorted 12 auto's. Lost my butt. Best I was a Quinn 2 color patch. Hopefully ud will give me some compensation. Looks as if they will. None the less, saving the Peterson till around september is probably gonna be the best bet I believe.
I think saving it until September is what I am going to do and in the mean time look to get a 3 color auto. Bye the way, what is upperdeck goiing to do to compensate you?
wyomedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
miller45452003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,675
Default

I was trying to push the sales rep on the phone for some rc. patches, but I believe that is a no go. He told me to send in all 12 silver serial #'s off the box. Sounds like they may send me a couple of boxes. I'll believe it when I see it!!!
miller45452003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
flobert1205's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,703
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller45452003 View Post
I was trying to push the sales rep on the phone for some rc. patches, but I believe that is a no go. He told me to send in all 12 silver serial #'s off the box. Sounds like they may send me a couple of boxes. I'll believe it when I see it!!!
Good luck with that...I was shorted a patch auto out of the Cup and all they sent me was 5 packs for Artifacts.
__________________
Putting the Rainbow together of Marquise Goodwin from Topps Chrome - Autos and Non Autos
flobert1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:35 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
rudyjustinfarrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8,989
Default

I thought that on a few different threads guys who were sending in damaged FB cards or were complaining about missing autograph cards etc.. have been getting Sweet Spot cards in the mail as replacements? I'd be VERY surprised if you got unopened wax but if you do good for you.
rudyjustinfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:33 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
ebacardi2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: RG3 Country
Posts: 10,755
Default Patch

I have a nice 3 color patch #/399 I am holding till season starts. I would sell for $750. I think you can get one for $600-700 with a nice 3 color patch.
__________________
Collecting: Football-RG3,Alfred Morris Basketball-Kyrie Irving, Bradley Beal Hockey-Ovechkin, Backstrom Baseball-Bryce Harper
"If it says OBO then send me an offer, do not ask me to give you one"
ebacardi2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:52 AM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
newdoug1958's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyomedina View Post
Wow, I am excited. I wanted to post this last night but had to figure how to post pics(Thanks for your help Iluvfish2).

Here is the story if you care. I like hockey but I have never collected hockey cards but 2 weeks ago when I saw the 07/08 Sp Authentics hockey on sale for $94 I thought I can't loose. I mostly wanted it to trade with other members.
I decided I needed to spend $150 so i could get free shipping. I usually get Leaf Limited Football but after the last Leaf Limited Group break I had enough of this product for the year. I decided to give UD and Sp one more try so I lifted my self imposed UD ban and got i box of Authentics.

It takes a full week to get UPS ground from Blowout to Salt lake(Free Shipping is awesome). I got 1 box of Sp hockey and 1 box of Sp Football last night. I separated small packs from big packs. I opened all small packs and got 1 no name rookie. I got to the last of the fat packs and I was pissed because UD was going to short me an auto like everyone else. I told my wife it better be a dual auto.

Instead it was Adrian Peterson Rookie Authentics gold version #16/25.



Ok, so I am super happy and not complaining but..........Don't you think for a gold version they could have thrown in a multy color patch? The ones #'d to 399 have awesome patches. Also, the edges look like they were cut with a rusty butter knife.

This is probably going in my PC. It will be too hard for me to give up the cadillac of cards. I thought about selling it and getting a lower end AP card but I'm not sure this card would be at a premium with that 1 color patch.

Anyway, Thanks Blowoutcards. 2 Awesome boxes.
UD you still stink!!!!

I got a marshawn lynch gold and its a one color patch also, but i also have a

gold booker and its multi colored go figure.

Last edited by newdoug1958; 05-07-2008 at 05:41 PM.
newdoug1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.