Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > FOOTBALL BOX BREAKS

FOOTBALL BOX BREAKS Post Your Football Box & case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2008, 05:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Thanks Blowout-07 Spa Adrian Peterson Rookie Authentics Gold #16/25

Wow, I am excited. I wanted to post this last night but had to figure how to post pics(Thanks for your help Iluvfish2).

Here is the story if you care. I like hockey but I have never collected hockey cards but 2 weeks ago when I saw the 07/08 Sp Authentics hockey on sale for $94 I thought I can't loose. I mostly wanted it to trade with other members.
I decided I needed to spend $150 so i could get free shipping. I usually get Leaf Limited Football but after the last Leaf Limited Group break I had enough of this product for the year. I decided to give UD and Sp one more try so I lifted my self imposed UD ban and got i box of Authentics.

It takes a full week to get UPS ground from Blowout to Salt lake(Free Shipping is awesome). I got 1 box of Sp hockey and 1 box of Sp Football last night. I separated small packs from big packs. I opened all small packs and got 1 no name rookie. I got to the last of the fat packs and I was pissed because UD was going to short me an auto like everyone else. I told my wife it better be a dual auto.

Instead it was Adrian Peterson Rookie Authentics gold version #16/25.

Ok, so I am super happy and not complaining but..........Don't you think for a gold version they could have thrown in a multy color patch? The ones #'d to 399 have awesome patches. Also, the edges look like they were cut with a rusty butter knife.

This is probably going in my PC. It will be too hard for me to give up the cadillac of cards. I thought about selling it and getting a lower end AP card but I'm not sure this card would be at a premium with that 1 color patch.

Anyway, Thanks Blowoutcards. 2 Awesome boxes.
UD you still stink!!!!
wyomedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

horrible patch on that card.. why would you use a one color patch on a card to 25. Congrats on the pull but sell and buy a 399 rookie with 2 colors.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Strongly considering that! Isn't that an aweful patch for this card? For all I know that is game used piece from the trainer
Old 05-06-2008, 05:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

yeah agreed. there are cards of his out there with much better patches..

but nice pull... i see the ligth now. by only buying boxes will i get the huge hits. buy a case = no big hit. buy one box = YAHTZEE!
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

Regardless, you should get good $$$ for it. I would think $500-$1k....no?

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

wyo - if you have the $ and can buy another AP card without selling yours.. you should buy now during the off season and wait to sell yours when the season starts up again.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

That's a good idea. I was actually looking around when I hit this. I do think this will bring good money but as a collector if I was going to invest the money I would want a nice patch with the auto. I would much rather have a three color #'d to 399 than a 1 color #/25
Old 05-06-2008, 05:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

The 3 Colors were going for $1k+ easy when SPA first came out.

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
The 3 Colors were going for $1k+ easy when SPA first came out.
There was one on ebay today 3 color #'d to 399 at $455 with a couple of days left and a 2 or 3 color #'d to 25 with a buy it now of $1300.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:51 PM   #10 (permalink)

It only costs a few bucks to list a card on Ebay w/ a high BIN/BO... so throw out the hook and see what bites?!?!!? Nice card... gotta love some 1 box lovin.
rudyjustinfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:17 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to coaltowncards

I'll give you $500 right now! But I will only hold it until the season starts and sell it for $750+. What are you looking to get for it?
Old 05-06-2008, 08:45 PM   #12 (permalink)

wow..incredible pull there!!! Just ripped a case last week and was shorted 12 auto's. Lost my butt. Best I was a Quinn 2 color patch. Hopefully ud will give me some compensation. Looks as if they will. None the less, saving the Peterson till around september is probably gonna be the best bet I believe.
miller45452003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:28 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller45452003 View Post
wow..incredible pull there!!! Just ripped a case last week and was shorted 12 auto's. Lost my butt. Best I was a Quinn 2 color patch. Hopefully ud will give me some compensation. Looks as if they will. None the less, saving the Peterson till around september is probably gonna be the best bet I believe.
I think saving it until September is what I am going to do and in the mean time look to get a 3 color auto. Bye the way, what is upperdeck goiing to do to compensate you?
Old 05-06-2008, 09:34 PM   #14 (permalink)

I was trying to push the sales rep on the phone for some rc. patches, but I believe that is a no go. He told me to send in all 12 silver serial #'s off the box. Sounds like they may send me a couple of boxes. I'll believe it when I see it!!!
miller45452003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:36 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller45452003 View Post
I was trying to push the sales rep on the phone for some rc. patches, but I believe that is a no go. He told me to send in all 12 silver serial #'s off the box. Sounds like they may send me a couple of boxes. I'll believe it when I see it!!!
Good luck with that...I was shorted a patch auto out of the Cup and all they sent me was 5 packs for Artifacts.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:35 PM   #16 (permalink)

I thought that on a few different threads guys who were sending in damaged FB cards or were complaining about missing autograph cards etc.. have been getting Sweet Spot cards in the mail as replacements? I'd be VERY surprised if you got unopened wax but if you do good for you.
rudyjustinfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:33 AM   #17 (permalink)

Default Patch

I have a nice 3 color patch #/399 I am holding till season starts. I would sell for $750. I think you can get one for $600-700 with a nice 3 color patch.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:52 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyomedina View Post
Wow, I am excited. I wanted to post this last night but had to figure how to post pics(Thanks for your help Iluvfish2).

Here is the story if you care. I like hockey but I have never collected hockey cards but 2 weeks ago when I saw the 07/08 Sp Authentics hockey on sale for $94 I thought I can't loose. I mostly wanted it to trade with other members.
I decided I needed to spend $150 so i could get free shipping. I usually get Leaf Limited Football but after the last Leaf Limited Group break I had enough of this product for the year. I decided to give UD and Sp one more try so I lifted my self imposed UD ban and got i box of Authentics.

It takes a full week to get UPS ground from Blowout to Salt lake(Free Shipping is awesome). I got 1 box of Sp hockey and 1 box of Sp Football last night. I separated small packs from big packs. I opened all small packs and got 1 no name rookie. I got to the last of the fat packs and I was pissed because UD was going to short me an auto like everyone else. I told my wife it better be a dual auto.

Instead it was Adrian Peterson Rookie Authentics gold version #16/25.

Ok, so I am super happy and not complaining but..........Don't you think for a gold version they could have thrown in a multy color patch? The ones #'d to 399 have awesome patches. Also, the edges look like they were cut with a rusty butter knife.

This is probably going in my PC. It will be too hard for me to give up the cadillac of cards. I thought about selling it and getting a lower end AP card but I'm not sure this card would be at a premium with that 1 color patch.

Anyway, Thanks Blowoutcards. 2 Awesome boxes.
UD you still stink!!!!

I got a marshawn lynch gold and its a one color patch also, but i also have a

gold booker and its multi colored go figure.

Last edited by newdoug1958; 05-07-2008 at 05:41 PM.
newdoug1958 is offline   Reply With Quote