Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > FOOTBALL SINGLES BUY/SELL/TRADE

FOOTBALL SINGLES BUY/SELL/TRADE Post your FOOTBALL Singles Buy/Sell/Trade needs here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 07:46 PM   #126 (permalink)

lets just say he sent me a message after auction ended asking me if i still wanted it because the winning bidder and 2nd place were not going to pay, he offered it to me for well below ending amount.

Last edited by ebacardi2; 10-06-2012 at 07:51 PM.
ebacardi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:04 PM   #127 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post
lets just say he sent me a message after auction ended asking me if i still wanted it because the winning bidder and 2nd place were not going to pay, he offered it to me for well below ending amount.
LOl..that is very interesting!!!
Old 10-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #128 (permalink)

It is amazing that they both backed out of the deal instantly. How sad for the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post
Old 10-06-2012, 08:45 PM   #129 (permalink)

The winner of the card was ravinsantos35. The only other feedback he has received is a false positive for not paying.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&sort=3&_rdc=1

eBay Feedback Profile for ravinsantos35

At this point I still stand by my theory that someone was messing with the auction on purpose. Hopefully OP will come back to shed some more light on the situation.

Last edited by bigzig; 10-06-2012 at 08:57 PM.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:04 PM   #130 (permalink)

Ok guys I will tell the story, not that I expect you to believe me -

As for when it ends, I am overseas on military duty and do not have the time or inclination to micromanage the auction. Much bigger fish to fry.

As for all the conspiracy theories, first see above, and then realize that the correct one is that somebody with nothing better to do decided that I post too much on their precious board so I don't deserve to sell a card.

Ebacardi, the consignor may have contacted you, but not me.

To any interested, since I am sure somebody will ruin an auction again, it will be listed BIN for 2500. If I was the shill bidder, why would I shill to 2805 then list it for 2500.

At any rate, I am sure the card will sell. If I hurt anyone's feelings I am sorry I cant remember being half as negative as a lot of the other posters. To the honest buyers, go for it!
Hornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:14 PM   #131 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet View Post

As for when it ends, I am overseas on military duty and do not have the time or inclination to micromanage the auction. Much bigger fish to fry.

As for all the conspiracy theories, first see above, and then realize that the correct one is that somebody with nothing better to do decided that I post too much on their precious board so I don't deserve to sell a card.

To any interested, since I am sure somebody will ruin an auction again, it will be listed BIN for 2500. If I was the shill bidder, why would I shill to 2805 then list it for 2500.

At any rate, I am sure the card will sell. If I hurt anyone's feelings I am sorry I cant remember being half as negative as a lot of the other posters. To the honest buyers, go for it!
Consignor contacted me? I asked him if he would take X he said no the seller wants to let it run, so I said okay. I did not bid and received a message from the seller(your consignor) after auction ended and figured it was you telling him to contact me and see if I wanted it for X. Why would he say that "he is tired of people messing around and not even contact you first and say I sent a message to a buyer asking if they wanted it for $2000... way under the 2800 and you had no idea???? Either way list it at 2500 and see it not sell but GL and why would you relist at 2500? because that is what you want for the card and are aware that the 2800 was shilled.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #132 (permalink)

I thought I had made it clear that I have very little time to contact the consignor - I actually gave it to my cousin to take to the consignor before I left. Either way no big deal I am sure the consignor did contact you and I didn't dispute that. If you want the card you are welcome to offer again . . .

Sadly, nobody is more aware that it was a shill than I since it is I that did not get paid lol!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:01 AM   #133 (permalink)
Boo

I bet the OP wishes he had taken the money instead of trying to get greedy! Concussions are never a good thing!!

http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/klay22/
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:17 AM   #134 (permalink)

Quote:

This is exactly what shillers do, actually. For example, the "real" market on a card is $1,525. The seller shills up to, oh let's say just for an example, $2,800. Then the shiller lists as BIN for under the shilled price, claiming it's a steal compared to recent sales. Get it?
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #135 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberfatty View Post
This is exactly what shillers do, actually. For example, the "real" market on a card is $1,525. The seller shills up to, oh let's say just for an example, $2,800. Then the shiller lists as BIN for under the shilled price, claiming it's a steal compared to recent sales. Get it?
Shilled and shady.. 0 feedback .. Made up story ban this clown.
Shaun941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #136 (permalink)

Might as well save it now til later in the season the market is not good for RGIII and people have a hard on for platinum and when chrome comes out people will forget all about finest. Save for a huge game and let it ride and don't F*** with the bids and you will get a buyer that will pay for what it's worth.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #137 (permalink)

he can't do that....he's too greedy and has pumped this card so much, it concussed rgiii this weekend!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
Might as well save it now til later in the season the market is not good for RGIII and people have a hard on for platinum and when chrome comes out people will forget all about finest. Save for a huge game and let it ride and don't F*** with the bids and you will get a buyer that will pay for what it's worth.

I'M NOT A SV TRADER OR SV SELLER.
ft28jags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #138 (permalink)

Im so glad I didnt get this consignment lol. Would have been a huge headache.
KEARYCOLBERT83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:06 AM   #139 (permalink)

This is what happens when people get greedy.

I would list the card BIN/OBO and take an offer that makes you happy with a bidder that has a 100% feedback rating and plenty of reviews from sellers.

Last edited by Mattspalace; 10-08-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Mattspalace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:02 PM   #140 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattspalace View Post
This is what happens when people get greedy.

I would list the card BIN/OBO and take an offer that makes you happy with a bidder that has a 100% feedback rating and plenty of reviews from sellers.
No. This is what happens when people get pissy and decide to mess with someone else's auction to make them look bad.

I'd almost bet my pc that the OP had nothing to do with the 2 non-payers. He got fu$%ed because someone was trying to make a point.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:47 PM   #141 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
No. This is what happens when people get pissy and decide to mess with someone else's auction to make them look bad.

I'd almost bet my pc that the OP had nothing to do with the 2 non-payers. He got fu$%ed because someone was trying to make a point.
If you want to blast people then do it correctly.

There was 1 non payer. The Zero FB Bidder. If that had not come into play the auction would have ended at $1525 and probably would have been paid for.
The consigner can still offer it to the 2nd place at his legit bid and sell the card.

If it was someone here that screwed with this then they should get huge paper cuts on their baby making parts.

Also OP should have used a good consigner and none of this would have happened.

It might just be a coincidence that OP thought this was worth a lot more than it was.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #142 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
If you want to blast people then do it correctly.

There was 1 non payer. The Zero FB Bidder. If that had not come into play the auction would have ended at $1525 and probably would have been paid for.
The consigner can still offer it to the 2nd place at his legit bid and sell the card.

If it was someone here that screwed with this then they should get huge paper cuts on their baby making parts.

Also OP should have used a good consigner and none of this would have happened.

It might just be a coincidence that OP thought this was worth a lot more than it was.
You are correct. I worded it wrong. There was only one "non-payer". The 2nd place bidder may or may not have been connected with the "winner". If 2nd place was legit, I agree he would be a fool to accept a SCO at anything more than the 15?? He would have won at.

I'm not convinced that 2nd place was legit either which is why I said 2 non-payers. I should've worded it differently.

Edit: the winning bidder now has 1 feedback for non-payment from a different seller.

Last edited by bigzig; 10-08-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #143 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Would it really surprise anyone if ebacardi2 was the 0 fb bidder in this case?

Would not surprise me 1 bit.

Not saying it is but it would not surprise me.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:40 PM   #144 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Would it really surprise anyone if ebacardi2 was the 0 fb bidder in this case?

Would not surprise me 1 bit.

Not saying it is but it would not surprise me.
Ding ding ding. I think we have a winner folks.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:11 PM   #145 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to rednecksims

I just dont understand why the "cosigner", who should be a Ebay guru, didnt know to end on a Sunday and didnt block people with less than XX feedback from bidding without prior approval. Definately someone I wouldnt use again.

David
rednecksims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:42 PM   #146 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
Ding ding ding. I think we have a winner folks.
Sounds like his M.O.

http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/popmaz/?start=20
popmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:54 PM   #147 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednecksims View Post
I just dont understand why the "cosigner", who should be a Ebay guru, didnt know to end on a Sunday and didnt block people with less than XX feedback from bidding without prior approval. Definately someone I wouldnt use again.

David
you can't block people with 0 feedback from bidding. You can cancel their bid if you catch it early enough, but this auction was sniped in the last 7 seconds.

Could it have been timed better? Sure, but on this high caliber of a card it doesn't really make a difference. The people who wanted to see it saw it....Then some douche ruined it for both the seller and the co-signor.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #148 (permalink)

Well I am sure he will ruin it again so it is BIN this time . . .
Old 10-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #149 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
You shilled it...just go away
theautographkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #150 (permalink)

Quote:
Just leave already.
MI Rob is offline   Reply With Quote