Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2010, 12:34 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
Btw People it's not my opinion I was going off what I heard last night on ESPN. The projected standings have auburn jumping over all of them thanks to the strength of schedule then oregon followed by BSU

I think Auburn has a good chance but they better pray that the QB doesn't get hurt cause truthfully that's all they got!! 200+ yards rushing against LSU is nuts IMO lol
Yea Cam Newton is the sh?!. Next Michael Vick minus the dogs lol!!!
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:55 PM   #27 (permalink)

Oregon 1,Boise 2,Auburn 3 in the new AP poll
gman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:03 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman71 View Post
Oregon 1,Boise 2,Auburn 3 in the new AP poll
That still will prob have Auburn at number 1 in the Bcs system
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:23 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
You must not have caught Thursday night's game where Oregon destroyed UCLA. Oregon most definitely played, as I watched them.
i stand corrected..i dont usually catch the Thursday games since i am usually at work, i just knew that they did not play yesterday and when looking at the results/schedule i saw the UCLA game score just didnt pay attention to the date.

That being said, that was still factored in to my SOS and opponents record, which i still think will take a hit..and i still had them remaining #1 in the AP poll so that really didnt matter much other than making me look stupid for a moment, which i fully admit for not paying attention to the schedule more closely.

and for mr. Romad..its nothing personal..never has and never will

i have nop problems with people being a fan of their teams and showing it and sticking up for them..as ive said many times before in many more of my arguments..thats great for the game and what being a fan is all about...my problem occurs when your fandom/homerism gets in the way of reality and you try to stick to an argument that is obviously not going to work

i pointed out reasons why i believe Auburn will be/should be the BCS #1 and asked you to point out legit reasons why they shouldnt be #1 and to not argue the lame excuse because Boise St didnt play they and therefore didnt lose so they shouldnt be dropped in any polls

ive never said Boise isnt a bad team, and your right the didnt lose..however that isnt how the BCS system works..there are more factors than record..dont like it? hate then hate the BCS

so again do you have any legit reasons why Auburn should not be #1?
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:31 PM   #30 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cornerstore

Oregon 1, Auburn 2, Boise State 3 is my guess (would really like to see a boise, oregon championship game tho)

http://yankeesgofor28.blogspot.com/
Cornerstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:45 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerstore View Post
Oregon 1, Auburn 2, Boise State 3 is my guess (would really like to see a boise, oregon championship game tho)
This is my prediction as well. I also, would like to see BSU vs Oregan BCS champinship as BSU proved last year they can beat them.
romad97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:49 PM   #32 (permalink)

Oregon should have been number one last week....that was a total joke with oklahoma being number one....OREGON ALL THE WAY....i think they are the best team by a decent margin....just my opinion though
Prospect_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:20 PM   #33 (permalink)

id like to see oregon play an sec team besides tennessee vany or uk to gauge how good they really are....if they played auburn i could see it being the highest scoring game in ncaa history
ccrab1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:47 PM   #34 (permalink)

Well it looks like the people that get paid the big bucks at ESPN know what they are talking about lol
1.Auburn
2.Oregon
3.Bosie State
4.TCU
5.Michigan State
6.Missou
7.Bama

Like I've said before Auburn has beaten 4 top 25 in the BCS this year and the Ducks have beaten only 1. They need to put the smack down on USC and he only other ranked team (Arizona) to possibly move ahead of Auburn but I think Auburn will be there till the Iron Bowl and then might lose to Bama. Could 2 schools with NO confrence champ go to the champ game?? Just imagine if the ducks BSU win out and Auburn beats Bama then loses in the SEC champ and MSU and Missou both slip up and lose too then we will be having some talks lol

Gotta love college football baby

And btw I can see my above "what if's" actually happening

armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:55 PM   #35 (permalink)
Banned

No way Boise is better than Auburn, they play nobody. Yeah they beat VT early in the year when VT was struggling, they lost to James Madison the next week.

1.)Auburn, if Cam gets stopped they lose, he cannot throw the ball and will be a great college player only
2.)Oregon, depending on how their D plays they could be the NC this year
3.)Boise, who do they play, some high school teams play tougher schedules
4.)TCU, good team, who knows
5.)Missouri, not a bad team, BIG 12 is off this year, this is their shot
6.)Alabama, if D can stop Cam they will cruise to NC
7.)MSU, no way they can beat alabama on any field so they are last out of the 7
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:08 PM   #36 (permalink)

There's a good chance TCU will be above Boise if both win out anyway. Not to mention many in the know have already predicted that 1-loss SEC teams and potentially 1-loss teams from other conferences will pass them by the end of the year.

Every week Boise will more than likely lose BCS points because their strength of schedule goes down. The WAC is just SO WEAK as a whole.

TCU went from being .0324 behind them to just being .0016 behind because of their mauling of Air Force. Just think if they beat Utah in a couple weeks when Utah is in the top 10. Now, being at Utah, I'm curious if TCU will even be favored.

I love Boise State and love them in bowl games. Personally, I think they're the best "1-game gameplan" team in the country ... providing they have time to do it. They don't get a whole lot of meaningful in-season wins, but usually win big bowl games with trick plays and completely different offense/defense.

The Va Tech game this year? IF you watched it, that was a gift. Not the ending of the game when they did make a clutch drive ... it was the beginning of the game when VT was clueless. Having said that, I'd love to see them in the national championship game because whoever they play would not know how to prepare (or would prepare for something different).
thekramers5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:35 PM   #37 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Nobody in college football is that good this year. All the teams listed will end up with 1 loss. This is the same Oregon team that got their asses beat down by Ohio State in January. This is who I see the loses as:

Oregon: USC or Cal
Auburn: Alabama
Missouri: Nebraska and tons of others
TCU: Utah
Utah: Air Force
Michigan State: Iowa or Penn State
Boise: Nevada
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote