Blowout Cards Forums
Draft Kings

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2010, 03:40 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Auburn to be #1 in BCS rankings???

So they are suppose to jump everyone and move to the top...

Thoughts????
Old 10-24-2010, 04:06 AM   #2 (permalink)

Oregon should be #1 !!!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2010, 04:52 AM   #3 (permalink)

bcs system blows
Old 10-24-2010, 04:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

I hope Oregon is number 1. That will make for an even better game next week at the Coliseum.

Can the number 1 ranked team go down 4 weeks in a row?
Old 10-24-2010, 05:22 AM   #5 (permalink)

Why would Auburn be #1?
romad97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:25 AM   #6 (permalink)

Auburn has looked great at times but I still feel like they are overrated. I am pulling for an SEC team to make the Championship and Auburn may be our only hope barring something crazy. They are a one demensional team for the most part on offense but the defense it good enough to keep them in most games. There is just something missing when I watch Auburn. I feel like it's going to be Oregon vs ?? for the Championship. It's going to be a crazy end to the season and all the BCS confusion is only going to get worse I fear.

On a side note I'm pulling for my Miss.St. Bulldogs to make a decent bowl too.

"Sometimes it is better to remain silent and be thought an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...."
bigmon80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:34 AM   #7 (permalink)

Fight On!!!!
Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:55 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by romad97 View Post
Why would Auburn be #1?
ook im not gonna start another argument because you plainly said your a Boise St homer in the last thread about this..why shouldnt they be #1 in the BCS?

#1 Oklahoma flat out lost..so that drops them completely

#2 Oregon didnt play..theyll likely remain the same as #1 in AP/ESPN rankings..their SOS is going to take a hit as everybody theyve played this year LOST today with the exception of Stanford..so that leaves the teams theyve faced with a record of 17-33, not very good...next weekend is going to be huge for them against USC

#3 Boise St also did not play..their SOS is hurt by weak conference which has been a main point to begin with, as well as the overall records being 18-27..only slightly better than Oregon..but its not going to get any better unless VT and OSU keep winning

#Auburn...they beat BCS and AP #6 LSU (argue they were overrated all you want and ill believe you, but still remains they were ranked that high) will be enough to move them imo to at least 3rd in the AP if noty leapfrogging both Boise and TCU..yes i know TCU won as well but again they beat Air Force while Auburn beat a highly ranked (wether deserved or not) LSU

also their SOS is an astounding record of 37-22, including huge wins over 3 teams that are still ranked in the top 25..

so let me ask you..why exactly should they NOT be #1 in BCS..and dont give me some bull line because your precious Boise deserves a shot and their still unbeaten blah blah they shouldnt be dropped in any polls..whatever

i want to know what legit argument you can come up with since i presented facts of why i tihnk they deserve to be BCS#1
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:28 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
#2 Oregon didnt play..theyll likely remain the same as #1 in AP/ESPN rankings..their SOS is going to take a hit as everybody theyve played this year LOST today with the exception of Stanford..so that leaves the teams theyve faced with a record of 17-33, not very good...next weekend is going to be huge for them against USC
You must not have caught Thursday night's game where Oregon destroyed UCLA. Oregon most definitely played, as I watched them.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:31 AM   #10 (permalink)

I wouldn't mind seeing Auburn and Oregon for the National Championship,it sees like it's always been florida, ohio state, alabama, oklahoma, USC, or texas the past couple of years so seeing two completely different teams would be sweet. That matchup would be exciting, lots of playmakers.

"Always with them negative waves"- Oddball
"Uh-uh, I don't tip"- Mr. Pink
ajlaxmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:07 AM   #11 (permalink)

im going to argue that the sec talent is tops in the ncaa by a long shot its not all at one school now, there is more parity in that league than anywhere in the country any team could beat bama or auburn on any givin week, i think auburn looks like a legit contender and if they go undefeated they better go to bcs champ game instead of boise...boise flat out plays no one and if they want to boost there strength of sched play an sec team or oklahoma or ohio st if they win a game like that they could get a shot but if kentucky or vandy played there sched they would have legit shot at being undefeated every year. im thinkin oregon and winner of bama auburn will be on top at the end of it all, and i think cam newton cards will be almost unatainable next year
ccrab1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:07 AM   #12 (permalink)

Here is my projections for BCS this week

1 Oregon will take the #1 spot with a sound win over UCLA 60-13
2 Boises state will move to #2
3 Auburn will be #3 after a win against LSU
4 TCU moves to #4
and round out the top 5 Alabama will move infront of Michigan St to take #5
SCtxholdem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:47 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
ook im not gonna start another argument because you plainly said your a Boise St homer in the last thread about this..why shouldnt they be #1 in the BCS?

#1 Oklahoma flat out lost..so that drops them completely

#3 Boise St also did not play..their SOS is hurt by weak conference which has been a main point to begin with, as well as the overall records being 18-27..only slightly better than Oregon..but its not going to get any better unless VT and OSU keep winning

#Auburn...they beat BCS and AP #6 LSU (argue they were overrated all you want and ill believe you, but still remains they were ranked that high) will be enough to move them imo to at least 3rd in the AP if noty leapfrogging both Boise and TCU..yes i know TCU won as well but again they beat Air Force while Auburn beat a highly ranked (wether deserved or not) LSU

also their SOS is an astounding record of 37-22, including huge wins over 3 teams that are still ranked in the top 25..

so let me ask you..why exactly should they NOT be #1 in BCS..and dont give me some bull line because your precious Boise deserves a shot and their still unbeaten blah blah they shouldnt be dropped in any polls..whatever

i want to know what legit argument you can come up with since i presented facts of why i tihnk they deserve to be BCS#1
Well first off you are absolutely dead wrong, keep showing your rear end, its apperantly what you do best, Oregon absolutely dominated UCLA. So, plain and simple, Oregon should be #1 and that was the basis of my argument. Additionally, yes, BSU is undefeated and should not drop in the polls. If you don't like BSU that is completely fine but, Auburn does not deserve to jump them as BSU did not lose.
romad97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:57 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
UHmMM, ok! They didnt beat down UCLA or anything on thursday night with Darren Thomas and LaMicheal James having monster games. Maybe you shouldn't post stuff like this when you clearly don't pay attention. Oregon should be 1.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:14 AM   #15 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
You must not have caught Thursday night's game where Oregon destroyed UCLA. Oregon most definitely played, as I watched them.
LMAO!!

It will probably be #1 Oregon, #2 Auburn, #3 Boise St. Which means Auburn will be next on my wish list to go down. I really want to see a Oregon/Boise St. National Championship.
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:20 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCtxholdem View Post
Here is my projections for BCS this week

1 Oregon will take the #1 spot with a sound win over UCLA 60-13
2 Boises state will move to #2
3 Auburn will be #3 after a win against LSU
4 TCU moves to #4
and round out the top 5 Alabama will move infront of Michigan St to take #5
Why would Alabama move in front of MSU? That wouldn't make sense at all. MSU beat a pretty good NW team (5-1 before the game) and they are still undefeated...
freethrowtommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:44 AM   #17 (permalink)

If Oregon is not #1, I don't see the issue. People against Boise have said schedule, schedule, schedule. Check out Oregon lately? 0-7, 2-5, 2-5 (and lower division), 3-4, 6-1, 1-7, 3-4. Besides Stanford, Oregon has played a load of crap. If Boise can get jumped from lack of schedule then there should be no issue with Oregon getting jumped since their schedule to this point has been less than even remotely challenging.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:59 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzfreddie View Post
If Oregon is not #1, I don't see the issue. People against Boise have said schedule, schedule, schedule. Check out Oregon lately? 0-7, 2-5, 2-5 (and lower division), 3-4, 6-1, 1-7, 3-4. Besides Stanford, Oregon has played a load of crap. If Boise can get jumped from lack of schedule then there should be no issue with Oregon getting jumped since their schedule to this point has been less than even remotely challenging.
I think the problem is the 3-4's and 2-5's Oregon plays would stomp the sh!t out of the 3-4's and 2-5's Boise St. plays. Has played and will play stronger teams than Boise and if they don't lose will def. be playing in the National Championship game. I just wish at some point a playoff schedule would be created which has been suggested countless times. I've actually lost a lot of interested in college football because of all the annoying arguments of who's number 1.

"Always with them negative waves"- Oddball
"Uh-uh, I don't tip"- Mr. Pink
ajlaxmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:18 AM   #19 (permalink)

SEC is number 1, Auburn I'm sure will be #1 or 2 being that they are still undefeated. PAC-10
just sux along with Big 10 & Big 12 or not to mention ACC......
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:24 AM   #20 (permalink)

my guess
1.Oregon
2.Auburn
3.Boise St
4.TCU
5.Alabama
6.MSU
notravels10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:31 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by notravels10 View Post
my guess
1.Oregon
2.Auburn
3.Boise St
4.TCU
5.Alabama
6.MSU
Swap MSU and Alabama and I would agree. I still don't see how Alabama would leap frog an undefeated MSU...
freethrowtommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:41 AM   #22 (permalink)

I hope my dear warriors will upset them broncos when they come down here
SelfDestruct808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:51 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
Swap MSU and Alabama and I would agree. I still don't see how Alabama would leap frog an undefeated MSU...

The only reason I think that is maybe the Strength of Schedule.I don't have the list of teams that both teams have played.Maybe the BCS computer's like past champions to give them that extra tenth of a point. lol
notravels10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:03 PM   #24 (permalink)

When it is all said and done, Boise and TCU will be the only two undefeateds remaining. BCS is a joke and more then ever a playoff is needed.
SacGWYNN19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:04 PM   #25 (permalink)

Btw People it's not my opinion I was going off what I heard last night on ESPN. The projected standings have auburn jumping over all of them thanks to the strength of schedule then oregon followed by BSU

I think Auburn has a good chance but they better pray that the QB doesn't get hurt cause truthfully that's all they got!! 200+ yards rushing against LSU is nuts IMO lol