Blowout Cards Forums
ebay event 8.25.14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2010, 11:50 PM   #26 (permalink)

Also, you gotta love Favre's "selective limping"
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:51 PM   #27 (permalink)

<pissed Vikings fan rant>
As a Vikings fan for the last 30 years, I'm upset with this seasons results and I'm ready to look ahead for next season.

Even with a weak remaining schedule, the INTs are sealing the deal on too many games. Sure he's throwing some touchdowns along with the INTs, but if it weren't for those INTs, the game was ours.

After another loss to New England next week, I predict the rest of this season will simply be the farewell to Favre show, and I'm not happy about it. We have a great team and should have made the playoffs this year. AP is running like a mad man with ZERO fumbles, and Favre is throwing it all away. This is pro football, not the 'old man throws his decrepit body around and limps around like a dead duck' show.

At what point do we bench Favre and give what's his name a shot, or is Childress too afraid of the old man to bench him? Do we have to wait for Favre to retire so we can use his salary to get a new QB? Bench him and move on. If he doesn't like it then trade him, I'd bet a team wouldn't pay a 10th round draft pick for him, and I'm not even sure there's a 10th round?
</pissed Vikings fan rant>
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:55 PM   #28 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Also, you gotta love Favre's "selective limping"
You noticed that too? LMAO
rodgers12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:02 AM   #29 (permalink)

Maybe Favre's suspension for those text messages will save the season for us, help us move on and figure out who our next QB is.... that's what I'm hoping for now...

Sigh...
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:05 AM   #30 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Wow, the Vikings are garbage this year. Can't wait for the Bears to get that ass.
Quote:
It's not like he's doing something that's out of the ordinary... Weren't the Vikings Superbowl Contenders when Favre came back? Doesn't even look like they crack the playoffs.
Do you seriously think the Bears are not a garbage team this year? But by your logic since we were supposed to be Super Bowl contenders we are garbage, so that means since the Bears have 4 wins already their season is a success no matter how bad they finish since they were only supposed to win a couple games. Don't give me the whole Super Bowl contenders BS just cause Favre came back, I remember every stupid Bears fan running around screaming they were going to the SB after you traded for Cutler and look where that got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alazarevich View Post
As a Vikings fan for the last 30 years, I'm upset with this seasons results and I'm ready to look ahead for next season.

Even with a weak remaining schedule, the INTs are sealing the deal on too many games. Sure he's throwing some touchdowns along with the INTs, but if it weren't for those INTs, the game was ours.

After another loss to New England next week, I predict the rest of this season will simply be the farewell to Favre show, and I'm not happy about it. We have a great team and should have made the playoffs this year. AP is running like a mad man with ZERO fumbles, and Favre is throwing it all away. This is pro football, not the 'old man throws his decrepit body around and limps around like a dead duck' show.

At what point do we bench Favre and give what's his name a shot, or is Childress too afraid of the old man to bench him? Do we have to wait for Favre to retire so we can use his salary to get a new QB? Bench him and move on. If he doesn't like it then trade him, I'd bet a team wouldn't pay a 10th round draft pick for him, and I'm not even sure there's a 10th round?
The NFC is bad this year don't count them out of a playoff spot just yet (yes their time is running out VERY QUICKLY) We won't bench Favre we are paying him WAY too much money to be benching him. Once the Vikings are officially eliminated from the playoffs I am sure Favre will retire siteing his injuries are just too much. The thing that sucks if/when this happens is I don't want to see the attitude Moss will throw (And I'm a huge Moss fan)
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:14 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alazarevich View Post

From a Vikings fan.... the season isnt over yet, remember the bears and pack have the hard parts of their schedules coming up... and this time around the lions will beat the bears and packers
Old 10-25-2010, 12:29 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Wow, the Vikings are garbage this year. Can't wait for the Bears to get that ass.
are you kidding me? yea those bears look pretty badass huh.....but yea cutler and that O line look amazing this year......
lrogge1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:11 AM   #33 (permalink)

Love Childress finally having a set of balls to put some blame on #4 and his ability to not protect the ball
gman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:28 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman71 View Post
True,but Favre is treated god like and always makes a huge gaffe when the lights are the brightest. Cutler has been nothing more than an overhyped "big arm" guy
I wasn't necessarily comparing him to Favre because they both make poor decisions at the time, I was more comparing the two teams. Jared Allen will kill Cutler with the way that their line blocks for him. Favre did win a Super Bowl and almost won a second one so I'd say he doesn't always make a huge gaffe when the lights are bright. I can't think of very many quarterbacks in the league right now I'd rather with the ball with the game on the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
Cutler also spends too much time in the pocket, not just the O-Line. You can blame it on Cutler, sometimes you can blame it on the inexperience of the Bears' young receivers.
Every game I've seen all year Cutler has had to run for his life almost every time he drops back to pass. The Bears need to address their offensive line in a hurry or they will continue to be a .500 team at best.

And if Childress really thinks that putting Jackson in the game is a better option then he's nuts. Wait until he doesn't have Favre anymore and then see how much he loves Jackson. Childress will be out of the league within two years.

Bucket (under construction) http://s869.photobucket.com/albums/ab252/golfinglegend/
golfinglegend67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:11 AM   #35 (permalink)

If the Vikings will come out of NE with a 3-4 record, considering their schedule, I am not that unhappy with this. Yes, I would rather be 6-1, but to play at NE, GB, NO and NYJ in the 1st 7 weeks is a pretty tough road. Each game they have had a chance to win and each game Favre lost it for them with his TO's. He needs to be a game manager and he is failing miserably right now.

On an additional note, I really hope Childress gets his walking papers in the next 2 years. Play to win, not to not lose or make mistakes. If they are able to at least kick a field goal at the end of the first half it's a different ball game.
gergs1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:37 AM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
Do you seriously think the Bears are not a garbage team this year? But by your logic since we were supposed to be Super Bowl contenders we are garbage, so that means since the Bears have 4 wins already their season is a success no matter how bad they finish since they were only supposed to win a couple games. Don't give me the whole Super Bowl contenders BS just cause Favre came back, I remember every stupid Bears fan running around screaming they were going to the SB after you traded for Cutler and look where that got you.

The Bears are not a garbage team, but they're not a good team by any means either. I don't recall any analysts labeling the Bears SB contenders, and to be honest, I recall all the analysts still saying we were second fiddle to the Packers. But this year the analysts made the Vikings out to be an 9-7ish team w/o Favre and roughly a 13-3ish team with him (also SB contenders). Where is your defense at? At least the Bears have a better defense. Both teams have terrible offenses.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:29 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
The Bears are not a garbage team, but they're not a good team by any means either. I don't recall any analysts labeling the Bears SB contenders, and to be honest, I recall all the analysts still saying we were second fiddle to the Packers. But this year the analysts made the Vikings out to be an 9-7ish team w/o Favre and roughly a 13-3ish team with him (also SB contenders). Where is your defense at? At least the Bears have a better defense. Both teams have terrible offenses.
Not to get in between what you guys are talking about, but most "experts" I saw were predicting 2nd place in the division after the Pack and 11-5 at best.
gergs1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:27 AM   #38 (permalink)

Anyone else see Matthews take off his helmet on that 2nd down play before it was over?
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:22 AM   #39 (permalink)

Childress was just as much to blame last night. He should have challenged the Packer TE's TD and failed to do so.
jusdukky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:03 AM   #40 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman71 View Post
Love Childress finally having a set of balls to put some blame on #4 and his ability to not protect the ball
Heard That!

Quote:

In terms of total yardage per game Chicago's D is 6th in the league and MN is 7th. OH YEAH YOUR DEFENSE IS SOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:06 PM   #41 (permalink)

The season is not over for the Vikes, by any means. As many surprises as there are each week arond the league, its still any teams season. As far as last night, it wadnt completely Favres fault. One the last pick I also blame Percy for not making a play on the ball and just standing there. I also blame Chilly for not challenging the Quarless TD and at least giving the D a shot at stopping GB or holding them to a field goal. And to waste an opportunity to make a final drive before the half, talk about having balls, or lack therof, give me a f**$&@# break...
Old 10-25-2010, 03:14 PM   #42 (permalink)

I don't understand why everyone hates on Favre so much this season, especially Vikings fans. I honestly believe he would have sat at home this season but no, the Vikes kept persuing him. Now they all want to bench him. Vikes fans are so fickle is rediculous. You guys got what you wanted now shut up and color. And, the Vikes's season is not over by a long shot. Although Favre does throw crucial INT's, he has some pretty magical moments as well. A few of those along with that defense firing on all cylanders and they are right back in the playoff picture again.
romad97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:26 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by romad97 View Post
I don't understand why everyone hates on Favre so much this season, especially Vikings fans. I honestly believe he would have sat at home this season but no, the Vikes kept persuing him. Now they all want to bench him. Vikes fans are so fickle is rediculous. You guys got what you wanted now shut up and color. And, the Vikes's season is not over by a long shot. Although Favre does throw crucial INT's, he has some pretty magical moments as well. A few of those along with that defense firing on all cylanders and they are right back in the playoff picture again.
I absolutely agree! I truly believed last night, and will continue to believe going forward, that if anybody can bring the Vikes back from a deficit it is Brett Favre...
Old 10-25-2010, 04:05 PM   #44 (permalink)

Oh and selective limping?! According to espn radio, Favre has a fractured ankle.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:54 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles01987 View Post
Oh and selective limping?! According to espn radio, Favre has a fractured ankle.
Yep, 2 fractures
Brett Favre has 2 fractures in ankle; status uncertain - ESPN
Bring on a 2 back shotgun with Webb as QB, and Harvin and AP as backs
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:21 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles01987 View Post
Just a "stress" fracture no doubt!
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote