Blowout Cards Forums
slice dice

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2017, 08:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default I blame you Panini! Tom Brady style

Since the moment Honors was announced people where saying it was going to be easy to fake cards and pass them off from this set.

Tom Brady has 1 card in their Recollection Collection Set

Tom Brady - Immaculate - Immaculate Signature Patches #/ 1

But take a base card, forge an auto, remember to hand number it just like Panini does (only the forger numbered it sideways by mistake)

Peal the hologram tab the best you can, yank out the cheap card you hit and insert your own!

It doesnt matter that its missing the crimp, who looks for stuff like that anyway? With so many sets out its easy to miss little details. Details like the fact you can seel a thumbnail peal on the sticker just below 2016, and you can make out that the VOID lines are showing. But so what!

Run the card at a 3 day auction and steal a few hundred bucks! No clue if the seller did this, or if they ended up with it. Either way its a fake.

2016 Panini Honors Tom Brady Encased Auto True 1/1! Patriots! | eBay
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:12 AM   #2 (permalink)

This is why I don't like buybacks. It is a easy gimmick, and can be copied
Old 04-21-2017, 09:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

It doesnt have the embossed stamping though. People will always find a way to scam.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
It doesnt have the embossed stamping though. People will always find a way to scam.
But the whole hand numbered thing makes it easier. When UD did buybacks 15 years ago, you had a hologram and COA card to match. When the old DLP did it 15 years ago, you had a silver foil stamp on the back that said HONORS. Very easy to see.

2016 honors was a crimp (that doesn't always show up in a picture) and a sticker on a mag holder.

You would think any buyer would look into what they are buying, the fault still lays with them. Panini had a deal with BGS for "Encased" you would have hoped they did the same thing with Honors to make this harder to do.

The cards didnt need to be graded, just pay BGS to slab them Authentic with the set name on the label and call it a day!
Old 04-21-2017, 10:26 AM   #5 (permalink)

What happens after you report an item as fake through eBay's system? Do they do any research to confirm?
NoleinJax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:29 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleinJax View Post
What happens after you report an item as fake through eBay's system? Do they do any research to confirm?
They say thanks for the report our investigation and fraud team is looking into it and we can not share the information we find out, but rest assured we will get to the bottom of nothing.

Unless you are a brand calling about a knockoff of your brand they ignore 9 out of 10 reports of stuff like this. It hurts their bottom dollar to cancel sales.

Follow us on Twitter AND Instagram: @Cavaliercards
Cavaliercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:33 AM   #7 (permalink)

Anyone who buys that without research is an idiot. You can clearly see the security tape exposed on the seals it says "OPEN" or whatever letters. On an untampeted card it won't show these.
bruiser1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:43 AM   #8 (permalink)

I told him it was a sick card and asked if he pulled it. He says he responds quickly but hasn't yet.
deansayso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:44 AM   #9 (permalink)

Also, it's Rule from the forum

Quick money scams :s
Old 04-21-2017, 11:06 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiser1226 View Post
Anyone who buys that without research is an idiot. You can clearly see the security tape exposed on the seals it says "OPEN" or whatever letters. On an untampeted card it won't show these.
So no embossing and the security seal is showing it was tampered by the lettering being activated. Just a weak attempt at a scam. Nothing more nothing less
Old 04-21-2017, 11:50 AM   #11 (permalink)

They will be more fakes in these than the 2007 Topps Rookie Premiere Autos. Congrats Panini for making this great product.

Last edited by myerscards; 04-21-2017 at 02:04 PM.
myerscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:40 PM   #12 (permalink)

If enough people reported these fakes, you would think that it would trigger something in the eBay system and not be ignored.

Here's this eBay item's link to Report Item and fill out like below.

g4yosemite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:28 PM   #13 (permalink)

Don't worry guys...he's gonna tweet at panini about this...
Old 04-21-2017, 01:31 PM   #14 (permalink)

It's stealing to knowingly sell a fake card. Criminal charges should pressed on these people to deter future swindlers. I hate scammers. Get a job bums.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:59 PM   #15 (permalink)

I asked him how he acquired it. He said he traded a "decent bit" for it. Idk if I should break the news or what to him
Old 04-21-2017, 02:06 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBallHobbies View Post
I asked him how he acquired it. He said he traded a "decent bit" for it. Idk if I should break the news or what to him
He won't care, he used to be a member here

Rule
Banned
ebay id: newresolve
Siberian13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:11 PM   #17 (permalink)

I'm not disputing this being a mediocre at best product and possibly easier than others to manipulate/forge/fake/ whatever, the cards. But, I'm not sure how you can blame Panini for the unethical people doing this. Now, if you want to blame the NFL for having an exclusive license with Panini, I'm all about that. But there is nothing we can do except pick and choose what we like.
I pull scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:24 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I pull scrubs View Post
I'm not disputing this being a mediocre at best product and possibly easier than others to manipulate/forge/fake/ whatever, the cards. But, I'm not sure how you can blame Panini for the unethical people doing this. Now, if you want to blame the NFL for having an exclusive license with Panini, I'm all about that. But there is nothing we can do except pick and choose what we like.
I do blame Panini, because they are manufacturers, and their name is on it.
As a manufacturer in a multi billion dollar business, they should make every attempt to prevent peoples ability to do things like this.

Nothing should ever be hand numbered, and the sticker/seal should have several tamper-proof attributes.
They should also be changing up their standards, and provide collectors with means to authenticate, meaning in X release of buybacks, we have added this, this, and this for security features, so you can make safe and informed decisions when buying something that we have made in this manner.

IMO, there is no excuse for ignorance, and cost cutting measures that can ultimately affect consumers.
Bassplayah101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:27 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
The basically used a blue dye type security with the seal which immediately shows tampered with lettering all over it when peeled. You have to be an idiot to not see it. Its right in your face. Like blaming the bank for not using a better system when a bank is robbed and all the,money wasnt rendered useless. If people want to scam they always find a way.

I will never complain to a company that issues on card with game used. The Steelers they put in this product are second to none as far as appeal and quality. Love the older product with on card autos

Anytime you get more products like this bettis is a good thing for me as a collector
Attached Thumbnails
I blame you Panini! Tom Brady style-img_kf973y.jpg  

Last edited by wheeler281; 04-21-2017 at 02:36 PM.
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:39 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassplayah101 View Post
I do blame Panini, because they are manufacturers, and their name is on it.
As a manufacturer in a multi billion dollar business, they should make every attempt to prevent peoples ability to do things like this.

Nothing should ever be hand numbered, and the sticker/seal should have several tamper-proof attributes.
They should also be changing up their standards, and provide collectors with means to authenticate, meaning in X release of buybacks, we have added this, this, and this for security features, so you can make safe and informed decisions when buying something that we have made in this manner.

IMO, there is no excuse for ignorance, and cost cutting measures that can ultimately affect consumers.
The seal they put on the card was clearly tampered with, so if you want to blame Panini for that go ahead, but you are in the minority. Changing standards, sure that could be done, but if everybody is still buying, why should they? Panini could care less what you or I think as long as their stuff is selling and they are making money, plain and simple.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:41 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
The basically used a blue dye type security with the seal which immediately shows tampered with lettering all over it when peeled. You have to be an idiot to not see it. Its right in your face. Like blaming the bank for not using a better system when a bank is robbed and all the,money wasnt rendered useless. If people want to scam they always find a way.

I will never complain to a company that issues on card with game used. The Steelers they put in this product are second to none as far as appeal and quality. Love the older product with on card autos

Anytime you get more products like this bettis is a good thing for me as a collector
And the cards in Flawless looks great too!
Old 04-21-2017, 02:54 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
The seal they put on the card was clearly tampered with, so if you want to blame Panini for that go ahead, but you are in the minority. Changing standards, sure that could be done, but if everybody is still buying, why should they? Panini could care less what you or I think as long as their stuff is selling and they are making money, plain and simple.
Thank you, I feel better that I have your permission.
Bassplayah101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:19 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Looks like you skipped over all of the reasons I posted already. This is why I blame Panini. They rushed out a product on the cheap, using mostly garbage former redemption cards that were already signed. Hand numbered those and put them in a $1.00 mag case with a sticker. This is not a product, this is a fraudulent sellers dream!

If they wanted to do it right, read below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
But the whole hand numbered thing makes it easier. When UD did buybacks 15 years ago, you had a hologram and COA card to match. When the old DLP did it 15 years ago, you had a silver foil stamp on the back that said HONORS. Very easy to see.

2016 honors was a crimp (that doesn't always show up in a picture) and a sticker on a mag holder.

You would think any buyer would look into what they are buying, the fault still lays with them. Panini had a deal with BGS for "Encased" you would have hoped they did the same thing with Honors to make this harder to do.

The cards didnt need to be graded, just pay BGS to slab them Authentic with the set name on the label and call it a day!
Old 04-21-2017, 03:28 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
And the cards in Flawless looks great too!
Stop being a glass half full guy. This is blowout. Get off my lawn rules the world
Old 04-21-2017, 03:47 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Stop being a glass half full guy. This is blowout. Get off my lawn rules the world
I once fixed a door that wasn't even broken yet.