Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2008, 11:03 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND3 View Post
Jets fans lets not forget the man is on the cover of Madden.....he is doomed!
I thought AP was on this years cover????

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:06 AM   #27 (permalink)
ND3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
I thought AP was on this years cover????
Wrongo! Favre is the coverboy in Packers garb!!! hahahahahahahaahhaahah
Old 08-07-2008, 11:09 AM   #28 (permalink)

As much as I hate this situation, I would've loved to see Favre either play for Green Bay again, or if nobody else, Minnesota. Since that didn't happen, I hate the current situation. There is no way the Jets are going to make a super bowl run, even with Favre. He doesn't need the money, thats for damn sure, so we know he's playing because he thinks he can still be a very good quarterback and loves the game. I don't doubt that at all. On top of all other things that are pointing towards a "should've stayed retired" season, Favre is on the cover of Madden! That curse is worse than the rest. If he makes it through the season without getting injured or benched, then he will have made the case for the ultimate Ironman by defeating the Madden Curse!
Old 08-07-2008, 11:10 AM   #29 (permalink)

Dang I was typing my long message and ND beat me to the madden point.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:10 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Wrongo! Favre is the coverboy in Packers garb!!! hahahahahahahaahhaahah
The game hasn't been released yet...that can all change!!! I hope they update the rosters.........I was looking to get an XBox 360 and that would have been my first game..............then NHL 09

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:12 AM   #31 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Quote:
The game hasn't been released yet...that can all change!!! I hope they update the rosters.........I was looking to get an XBox 360 and that would have been my first game..............then NHL 09
Pretty sure you can update to current rosters using Xbox Live.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:18 AM   #32 (permalink)
ND3

Quote:
Don't think they will be changing the cover art but yes you can update the rosters.

Also if you are thinking of getting a xbox....Dell is rumored to be offering the Xbox Elite MSRP $449 for $299 today. Not sure if this is going to actually happen...but something to look into.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:38 AM   #33 (permalink)
ND3

NY Daily News is reporting Pennington has been cut by the Jets. Clemens will back up #4.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:51 AM   #34 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to jbellis74

Quote:
Don't think they will be changing the cover art but yes you can update the rosters.

Also if you are thinking of getting a xbox....Dell is rumored to be offering the Xbox Elite MSRP $449 for $299 today. Not sure if this is going to actually happen...but something to look into.
Still says 449

Dell : Microsoft Corporation Xbox 360 Elite System - Massive 120 GB Hard Drive & HDMI – MSRP $449 : XBOX 360 : Home & Home Office

I love my PS3 too much to buy an xbox lol

ESPN - As Favre heads to N.Y., Jets turn page on Pennington - AFC East

Looks like Pennington got the short end of the stick. They needed cap room so its Bye bye Chad

Last edited by jbellis74; 08-07-2008 at 11:59 AM.
jbellis74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:03 PM   #35 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Chad will probably end up playing in the CFL where all the bad QB's go to die. I don't even think he could hack it in the AFL, he doesn't throw well enough. Dude's got an arm like a wet noodle. As far as I'm concerned, and by no means am I a Jets fan, its good riddance Chad and Clemens, well get some tweezers to pick those splinters out of your ass, cus your gonna be riding the pine for 2 more years.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:23 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
Chad will probably end up playing in the CFL where all the bad QB's go to die. I don't even think he could hack it in the AFL, he doesn't throw well enough. Dude's got an arm like a wet noodle. As far as I'm concerned, and by no means am I a Jets fan, its good riddance Chad and Clemens, well get some tweezers to pick those splinters out of your ass, cus your gonna be riding the pine for 2 more years.
Chad was pretty accurate but your right his arm didnt have any pop in it from all of his injuries.

Thats only the second time in my life I heard someone compare a throwing arm to a "wet noodle" The other was Johnny Damon...
Old 08-07-2008, 12:49 PM   #37 (permalink)

Yes. But will the cures work? He will be pictured in a Packers uni and not a jets jersey?

I don't care what people say. I will be watching him play here in Miami the 1st game of the season. I will not be cheering him that day because the Fins will make the Jets there wipping boys this season (LOL) . But when he faces the Pats. I will be behind them 100%.

that my 2cents
FINS4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:00 PM   #38 (permalink)

I wasn't happy about the move to NY but this does give an improved team a winner....which they haven't had. He may not make it through the season uninjured but when he plays he will make a huge difference. He does hook back up with Bubba Franks I believe....new favorite target?????

RIP PAPAJIM
keggobelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:06 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by keggobelly View Post
I wasn't happy about the move to NY but this does give an improved team a winner....which they haven't had. He may not make it through the season uninjured but when he plays he will make a huge difference. He does hook back up with Bubba Franks I believe....new favorite target?????
Yes Bubba is on the Jets now and they were together in GB so that should come natural but im sure the other defenses would also be thinking the same thing.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:33 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerstore View Post
its good. we need it to spread open the field. Now coles and cotchery can use their spead for them. Chanci looks great so far and brad smith is a natural playmaker with his speed... it also gives some running lanes for us as well, less guys in the box, more yards per carry. maybe more then 2 tds for thomas jones.

its a good day
THESE GUYS ARE NOTHING, TO COMPARE TO THE PACKERS YOUNG RECEIVERS...
UCLAalumni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:30 PM   #41 (permalink)

was there any trade clause the packers put in with the Jets. I'm curious if they would trade him to Minnesota next year.
petrucci19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:31 PM   #42 (permalink)
ND3

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrucci19 View Post
was there any trade clause the packers put in with the Jets. I'm curious if they would trade him to Minnesota next year.
Yes. Jets can't trade him to Vikes...if they do the Packers get 3 first round picks (not sure that is exactly the clause but something to that effect) from the Jets.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:33 PM   #43 (permalink)

does that include trading him next year. Damn I was hoping for #4 to be a vike, me<------- huge viking fan
Old 08-07-2008, 03:35 PM   #44 (permalink)

What if he retires at the end of the year and comes back, then the Jets own the rights to him and can trade him. yes no i don't know just trying to think of ways for the purple and gold to get him
Old 08-07-2008, 03:37 PM   #45 (permalink)
ND3

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrucci19 View Post
What if he retires at the end of the year and comes back, then the Jets own the rights to him and can trade him. yes no i don't know just trying to think of ways for the purple and gold to get him
I am sure the Packers Brass have thought of ever scenario to keep #4 from going to any of the other teams in the NFC Norris Divison (as Berman says).
Old 08-07-2008, 04:12 PM   #46 (permalink)

Some news for you Dolphins fans

ESPN - Source: Dolphins contact Pennington's agent - NFL
Old 08-07-2008, 07:54 PM   #47 (permalink)

POOR CHAD....
UCLAalumni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:08 PM   #48 (permalink)

Favre just got corn-holed by Ted Thompson and the Packers brass. His consecutive games streak will be over by mid October........mark it down.

A first round pick if he takes 80% of the snaps and the Jets make the SB ....................L.M.A.O.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:44 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Favre just got corn-holed by Ted Thompson and the Packers brass. His consecutive games streak will be over by mid October........mark it down.

A first round pick if he takes 80% of the snaps and the Jets make the SB ....................L.M.A.O.
I told a Jets fan that the only way they would get the 1st round pick was if they made the SB and they said but the Giants made the SB, I was offended! lol

One teams success has zero to do with any other team.......
Old 08-08-2008, 12:37 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINDNUMB View Post
Not sure what you mean by "you got your wish". Brett wanted to be GB quarterback where he's been for the last 17 years or so. He admitted he was wrong to retire and I understand the silly GB management position to a point, but they didn't want him back. They want Rodgers to lead them to the Super Bowl like he has for the NFL's very own... Err, I mean the National Championship in college foot.. Oops. sorry I forgot "HE NEVER WON ANYTHING IN HIS FOOTBALL CAREER". Not even 1 NFL game.

Please tell me you are a Viking fan - that would explain your sickly, whining attitude.
Actually you wouldn't admit it if you were, but take it from a 4 decade GB season ticket family member who currently lives in Phoenix. There was Lombardi & Starr etc. - then absolute average, mediocre, crap football for about a decade and a half that I witnessed sitting in Milwaukee County Stadium in the cold, rain, snow with the audacity of hope (sorry) that we would go to the playoffs. Nothing.

Then comes Brett Favre (along with many other good and great players).
Before Favre - 41% winning percentage / 0 division titles / 1 playoff game.
After Favre - look it up yourself. Super Bowl. Only one but the trophy came back to where it started - the original and only Titletown.

You may actually be a Bears fan or now even a Tampa Bay fan - I don't know but Packer fans who chose to bitch slap Favre - you are the ones on your knees know. You know who you are. Disgrace.

Rule #1 - never pick a lonely 1st round rookie QB, a fat guy coach, and a white haired Steve Martin old guy GM over a football icon who helped get the NFL's youngest team so close to the SB. That's bad business.

Sorry if this is too long - I just need to vent today. It's like if the SF 49'ers traded Joe Montana or Namath was traded by the Jets, or the Red Sox traded Manny. No way.

I personally salute all the Jet fans - you are in for a bumpy ride that you will keep riding no matter what because some players are just more exciting then all the other players. Fill your prescriptions and get that check-up now Jet fan. Kick some Patriot ASS!!

This day sucks for all real Packer fans. Now where's my green #4 jersey.

PS - at least all my Jet cards may increase in value. Well all except Pennington's cards. Good Luck Chad.
Clearly you don't know anything about the person you directed this towards.
derek55 is offline   Reply With Quote