Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2008, 11:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02
Default Favre to the Jets

Just seeing on ESPN that Brett Favre has been traded to the Jets.

Sucks for Chad and Clemens.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

wow....what did they give up?
Old 08-06-2008, 11:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

They didn't say, Schlareth is talking about it right now.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

looks like i might be able to see brett play now, if i can get tickets to a patriots game which is very hard right now.
sebe-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO..........A STRONG ARM QB GOING TO THE JETS!!!!........is that good or bad though???

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
wow....what did they give up?
Rumors were a 4th round pick

Old 08-07-2008, 12:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

a legend gets traded for a 4th rd pick. amazing.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:09 AM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cornerstore

according to sources its a 4th round that can be a 2nd rounder depending on farve/playoff performance. Wow this is a great day for me... being a jets fan and all Happy times

http://yankeesgofor28.blogspot.com/
Cornerstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:14 AM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cornerstore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO..........A STRONG ARM QB GOING TO THE JETS!!!!........is that good or bad though???
its good. we need it to spread open the field. Now coles and cotchery can use their spead for them. Chanci looks great so far and brad smith is a natural playmaker with his speed... it also gives some running lanes for us as well, less guys in the box, more yards per carry. maybe more then 2 tds for thomas jones.

its a good day

http://yankeesgofor28.blogspot.com/
Cornerstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:16 AM   #11 (permalink)

Great for me; I got $100 on the Jets to win the Super Bowl at 200/1. All they gotta do is make the AFC championship as far as I'm concerned.

Come on Jets, one time.
derek55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:31 AM   #12 (permalink)

well brett, you got your wish. have fun going 7-9 this year. i mean you know the pats have the division locked up, so the jets have to fight with like 7-8 other good AFC teams for those 2 wild card spots. not going to be easy coming into a new system, and the "media manipulator" won't be able to get a free pass from the NY media like he did here. packers should give his number to a kicker or something, lol.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 02:14 AM   #13 (permalink)

Default Disgruntled Viking Fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradolson View Post
well brett, you got your wish. have fun going 7-9 this year. i mean you know the pats have the division locked up, so the jets have to fight with like 7-8 other good AFC teams for those 2 wild card spots. not going to be easy coming into a new system, and the "media manipulator" won't be able to get a free pass from the NY media like he did here. packers should give his number to a kicker or something, lol.

Not sure what you mean by "you got your wish". Brett wanted to be GB quarterback where he's been for the last 17 years or so. He admitted he was wrong to retire and I understand the silly GB management position to a point, but they didn't want him back. They want Rodgers to lead them to the Super Bowl like he has for the NFL's very own... Err, I mean the National Championship in college foot.. Oops. sorry I forgot "HE NEVER WON ANYTHING IN HIS FOOTBALL CAREER". Not even 1 NFL game.

Please tell me you are a Viking fan - that would explain your sickly, whining attitude.
Actually you wouldn't admit it if you were, but take it from a 4 decade GB season ticket family member who currently lives in Phoenix. There was Lombardi & Starr etc. - then absolute average, mediocre, crap football for about a decade and a half that I witnessed sitting in Milwaukee County Stadium in the cold, rain, snow with the audacity of hope (sorry) that we would go to the playoffs. Nothing.

Then comes Brett Favre (along with many other good and great players).
Before Favre - 41% winning percentage / 0 division titles / 1 playoff game.
After Favre - look it up yourself. Super Bowl. Only one but the trophy came back to where it started - the original and only Titletown.

You may actually be a Bears fan or now even a Tampa Bay fan - I don't know but Packer fans who chose to bitch slap Favre - you are the ones on your knees know. You know who you are. Disgrace.

Rule #1 - never pick a lonely 1st round rookie QB, a fat guy coach, and a white haired Steve Martin old guy GM over a football icon who helped get the NFL's youngest team so close to the SB. That's bad business.

Sorry if this is too long - I just need to vent today. It's like if the SF 49'ers traded Joe Montana or Namath was traded by the Jets, or the Red Sox traded Manny. No way.

I personally salute all the Jet fans - you are in for a bumpy ride that you will keep riding no matter what because some players are just more exciting then all the other players. Fill your prescriptions and get that check-up now Jet fan. Kick some Patriot ASS!!

This day sucks for all real Packer fans. Now where's my green #4 jersey.

PS - at least all my Jet cards may increase in value. Well all except Pennington's cards. Good Luck Chad.
MINDNUMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:46 AM   #14 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Love that Post Mind! I'm actually confused on this. From what I've seen Pennington isn't bad, unpredictable and fragile yes, but he really hasn't played all that much IMHO. Clemens I thought was ok, but still very much learning as well. So lets take to "average" quarterbacks and throw them on the shelf to bring in a quarterback thats going to create controversy right off the bat, but also increase the media attention 10 fold....I dont get it. But then again for a 4th to 2nd round pick a great deal IMHO.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:20 AM   #15 (permalink)
Boo

You guys kill me. Favre is not going to lead the Jets to the SB and probably not even the playoffs. They just don't have a good team and this was a terrible move for him. I expect a terrible season and/or an injury...which would suit him right if you ask me (not a Packers fan).
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:00 AM   #16 (permalink)

Having technical difficulties.

Last edited by hockeyjunkie99; 08-07-2008 at 08:04 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:01 AM   #17 (permalink)

1) This years Jets are different than last years team. There defense finally has the right personell for there scheme.

2) The Jets offense is going to be able to show its true ability....IMO

3) I bet Bret Favre will have better stats than Penningtons career average.

4) There goes whatever value was left in my Pennington Autos/GU...the few that I have.

5) The Jets will split the season series against the Pats!!!

6) The Jets Starting Offensive line are all 1st rounders that started to Gel at the end of last season!!!

Last edited by hockeyjunkie99; 08-07-2008 at 08:04 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:02 AM   #18 (permalink)
Boo

Quote:
1) This years Jets are different than last years team. There defense finally has the right personell for there scheme.

2) The Jets offense is going to be able to show its true ability....IMO

3) I bet Bret Favre will have better stats than Penningtons career average.

4) There goes whatever value was left in my Pennington Autos/GU...the few that I have.
I would hope Favre has better stats than Pennington. I didn't say he would totally suck.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:38 AM   #19 (permalink)

Brad is right, there are too many "good" teams in the AFC and this just makes it more crowded. Coles is getting old and Cotchery has had a couple of good games, but nothing to really impress me. Favre is going to have a tough time against the Pats. He likes to do crazy thing and Belicheck will love the fact that he can count on that. Also, many people are forgetting about the Bills "D" as all the attention is on Edwards and Lynch. I know this is coming from a Bills fan, but I can see the Bills secondary picking Favre off all day (like they did when he came to Buffalo in 2007) and Marcus Stroud burying him. Not to mention Poz and Mitchell there to stop the ever so "dangerous" Thomas Jones.

Sorry Jets fans, your team is obviously better, but Brett is not the Holy Grail for your team.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:55 AM   #20 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerstore View Post
according to sources its a 4th round that can be a 2nd rounder depending on farve/playoff performance. Wow this is a great day for me... being a jets fan and all Happy times
Actually it can be a first round pick they said last night. You have to win the superbowl for the Packers to get a first round pick, but you obviously don't expect that and that's why you only said 2nd round pick.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:07 AM   #21 (permalink)

Default JA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FAVRE is a moron........... Gives up 20 Mil to play for a sub par team with no chance of a playoff berth this year. 100% chance he retires again after this year. Should have stayed retired............lmao.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:53 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post
FAVRE is a moron........... Gives up 20 Mil to play for a sub par team with no chance of a playoff berth this year. 100% chance he retires again after this year. Should have stayed retired............lmao.
Aren't you an LA Rams fan????

it was $20 mil over 10 years I believe....thats only $2 mil a year. He'll make $12 plus each year.........so 3 years in the leauge.......barring injury(doesn't get injured)................$36 mil!!!

Old 08-07-2008, 09:56 AM   #23 (permalink)

there is no way that he'll play 3 more years....if he thought he had enough of it after this season, just wait till next.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:58 AM   #24 (permalink)
Boo

Quote:
Aren't you an LA Rams fan????

it was $20 mil over 10 years I believe....thats only $2 mil a year. He'll make $12 plus each year.........so 3 years in the leauge.......barring injury(doesn't get injured)................$36 mil!!!
He's not playing for the money...he has plenty. He loves to play...which is about all I respect about him. Hopefully he doesn't suffer a bad injury the next few years that would make him wish he never came back!!
Old 08-07-2008, 10:00 AM   #25 (permalink)
ND3

Jets fans lets not forget the man is on the cover of Madden.....he is doomed!