Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2010, 10:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default SNF Week 17 - Are You Kidding Me NBC???

You got games like Packers/Bears, Cowboys/Eagles, Bucs/Saints, Jagaurs/Texans, and you pick Seahawks/Rams??? (BTW Charlie Whitehurst will most likely be under center for Seattle). I understand it's for the divsion title but anyone who thinks either of these teams will pose a challenge to teams like the Saints, Packers, Eagles or Giants is ridiculous.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

They'd beat the Giants, but probably not Saints or Eagles
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Its a good matchup considering what the winner gets. Its a playoff game man. Playoff games are much better and the players will play a lot harder. Go Rams IMO. Look at how well the Jets played last year during the playoffs. Itll be a good game
BroncosFAN#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to jbellis74

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
They'd beat the Giants, but probably not Saints or Eagles
Who would beat the Giants exactly? Not Seattle they already proved that one. You sound like a disgruntled Vikings fan who has never seen a Super Bowl win
Old 12-27-2010, 10:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

Sam Bradford is on hot right now...
Old 12-27-2010, 10:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacman02 View Post
Sam Bradford is on hot right now...
He has a 1-5 TD-INT ratio over his last five games.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Should have been Saints vs Bucs. That game will determine who goes to the Playoffs.
jp98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
He has a 1-5 TD-INT ratio over his last five games.
You put your best corner on Amendola and put 8 in the box and the Rams are not that good. Seattle just flat out sucks
Old 12-27-2010, 10:42 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
You got games like Packers/Bears, Cowboys/Eagles, Bucs/Saints, Jagaurs/Texans, and you pick Seahawks/Rams??? (BTW Charlie Whitehurst will most likely be under center for Seattle). I understand it's for the divsion title but anyone who thinks either of these teams will pose a challenge to teams like the Saints, Packers, Eagles or Giants is ridiculous.
Same thoughts were probably being posted when the Cardinals made the playoffs, and they were one play from winning the Bowl

From Peter King today:

Overnight, I had scores of Twitter queries asking about three other games. Let's go through them and discuss why they weren't flexed into the Sunday night slot while the Rams-Seahawks was:

• Chicago at Green Bay. It's a playoff game for Green Bay, but not for Chicago, which has already clinched the NFC North title -- and which could enter a Sunday night game having clinched the second seed in the playoffs. The NFL could not wait until Wednesday morning to flex out the game, and even if the league did, it would still risk the Bears entering a Sunday night game with nothing to play for because Philadelphia would have finished its game with Dallas before the Sunday-nighter started.

• Tampa Bay at New Orleans. An intriguing game -- if the Saints lose tonight. (A Saints win at Atlanta tonight clinches a playoff spot for New Orleans.) But let's say the Saints lose tonight, and we enter next weekend with the scenario that the Saints would have to beat Tampa Bay to be assured of making the playoffs. The only way the Bucs can make the playoffs is if they win in Week 17 and either New York or Green Bay lose. If the Bucs-Saints is the Sunday-nighter, and the Giants or Packers both win earlier in the day, the Bucs would have nothing to play for.

• Tennessee at Indianapolis. Other than the fact that the Titans look like your classic mail-it-in team with bags packed for the offseason, the AFC South race has one fatal flaw: If Houston beats Jacksonville earlier in the day, the Colts would be the division champs and have nothing to play for. And when the Colts have nothing to play for, it's Curtis Painter time. And nobody's watching that outside of the state of Indiana. And, come to think of it, probably inside the state too.

Read more: Vikings-Eagles postponed, Mike Singletary fired, more NFL#@Week 16 - Peter King - SI.com
Old 12-27-2010, 10:47 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman71 View Post
Same thoughts were probably being posted when the Cardinals made the playoffs, and they were one play from winning the Bowl

From Peter King today:

Overnight, I had scores of Twitter queries asking about three other games. Let's go through them and discuss why they weren't flexed into the Sunday night slot while the Rams-Seahawks was:

• Chicago at Green Bay. It's a playoff game for Green Bay, but not for Chicago, which has already clinched the NFC North title -- and which could enter a Sunday night game having clinched the second seed in the playoffs. The NFL could not wait until Wednesday morning to flex out the game, and even if the league did, it would still risk the Bears entering a Sunday night game with nothing to play for because Philadelphia would have finished its game with Dallas before the Sunday-nighter started.

• Tampa Bay at New Orleans. An intriguing game -- if the Saints lose tonight. (A Saints win at Atlanta tonight clinches a playoff spot for New Orleans.) But let's say the Saints lose tonight, and we enter next weekend with the scenario that the Saints would have to beat Tampa Bay to be assured of making the playoffs. The only way the Bucs can make the playoffs is if they win in Week 17 and either New York or Green Bay lose. If the Bucs-Saints is the Sunday-nighter, and the Giants or Packers both win earlier in the day, the Bucs would have nothing to play for.

• Tennessee at Indianapolis. Other than the fact that the Titans look like your classic mail-it-in team with bags packed for the offseason, the AFC South race has one fatal flaw: If Houston beats Jacksonville earlier in the day, the Colts would be the division champs and have nothing to play for. And when the Colts have nothing to play for, it's Curtis Painter time. And nobody's watching that outside of the state of Indiana. And, come to think of it, probably inside the state too.

Read more: Vikings-Eagles postponed, Mike Singletary fired, more NFL#@Week 16 - Peter King - SI.com
I vote for Green Bay and Chicago. I am sure the Bears would play their starters most if not all of that game even if the Bears lock up the #2 seed. Division rivals dislike one another as it is and I am sure that the Bears would not want to see Green Bay in the playoffs.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:53 PM   #11 (permalink)

You do know that these games were set up WAY before the season started so no one knew what game would be best at that time. Also I think there is a rule somewhere about every team has to get a national televised game during the season. It just so happen to be the 2 teams that will fight it out for the 6th lol seed in the NFC with a under 500 record.. It will prob be a good game and I think Bradford will cap off his ROY performance by getting into the playoffs...truthfully this could turn into another Dirty Sanchez story if they start knocking off people in the playoffs (unlikely though)
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

What really sucks is that almost all the BIG games are the 2nd games of the day so a lot of good games will be on at the same time!! Thank god for the redzone channel
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
What really sucks is that almost all the BIG games are the 2nd games of the day so a lot of good games will be on at the same time!! Thank god for the redzone channel
Yeah, I have that too lol.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:05 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
You do know that these games were set up WAY before the season started so no one knew what game would be best at that time. Also I think there is a rule somewhere about every team has to get a national televised game during the season. It just so happen to be the 2 teams that will fight it out for the 6th lol seed in the NFC with a under 500 record.. It will prob be a good game and I think Bradford will cap off his ROY performance by getting into the playoffs...truthfully this could turn into another Dirty Sanchez story if they start knocking off people in the playoffs (unlikely though)
This game was just picked today, not months ago.
raisingfear101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:14 PM   #15 (permalink)

I am a die hard Hawks fan and even I don't agree with this being the Sunday night game. But it will be a hell of a game though
mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufasa View Post
I am a die hard Hawks fan and even I don't agree with this being the Sunday night game. But it will be a hell of a game though
Dude, Charlie Whitehurst is absolutley terrible. I don't see this one being too close.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:50 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Were all those games actually open to NBC and not protected by CBS or Fox? I know Bears-Packers wasn't protected but I'm glad they didn't move it.
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:09 AM   #18 (permalink)

I think it would be good for all of us collectors if Sam Bradford was in the playoffs!!!!
Old 12-28-2010, 10:05 AM   #19 (permalink)

St Louis should win.........Whitehurst is not an NFL QB. Not that Hasselbeck is a lot better but still.........