Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14 SM

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2008, 06:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to npbaker1
Default Damaged Card Question

I just pulled an 07 JaMarcus Russell National Treasures Patch Auto RC /99. The problem is all 4 corners have visible dings on them. I am not normally one to gripe about condition of cards I pull since I know not everything is going to be Gem Mint 10 but to have all 4 corners visibly dinged when I pull the card is frustrating. To make it worse I doubt they can do much since it's a hard signed card and its not a card I really want to keep I want to sell it because I don't collect him. What would you guys do:

Contact Donruss and hope they can help me out or

Just deal with the dinged corners and make it known when I sell the card

Thanks in advance for the advice
npbaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 07:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Contacting them couldn't hurt. They should be able to do something about it. Either replace it with the same card w/different #'ing or replace it with something(s) of similar value.

If they can't/won't help you out, just make it known in your auction that there is damage.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ok I submitted a ticket to Donruss about the card. Hopefully it can be replaced with the same card. I wouldn't complain about it if it was only 1 corner as only 1 corner is what I would consider really bad but I can see a ding on both front and back of all 4 corners and I think that really kills any value of the card.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
ND3

Donruss Customer Service's new online system is pretty good. Hopefully they will have another Jamar to replace it. Is the Auto on card or a sticker...if it is a sticker they prob have a replacement jersey card and restamp it. On card then you might have to settle for something of equal value.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yeah its on card because its the true rookie card. Thats why I am not sure about getting it replaced. I just dont think I should pull a card where if I shipped it to Beckett the corners would probly grade a 3 or 4 because of visible dings. If it was one corner I could live with it cause it happens sometimes but for all 4 to have dings even if minor the fact that they are visible to the naked eye significantly reduces what grade it would receive and therefor significantly reduces value.