Blowout Cards Forums
Start Your Reign of Domination Now with GetTheMachine.com!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 11:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Trackster40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 498
Default FOTG Checklist Question

So i really like the design of the 2010 FOTG set (like the reg jersey one) so I was looking at the checklist in case i ever wanted to try to collect it...and i noticed some missing numbers (like 4 = Alex Karras then it goes to 11)? Can someone explain those to me..like does 5-10 not exist or did they just choose not to include some players in the regular jersey set?

Checklist is here but you gotta select like year, brand, certified, FOTG

http://www.paniniamerica.net/checklists.cfm

Thanks!
__________________
Interested in Custom Cards of yourself, your friends, or your family?? Visit
www.specialtysportscards.com For custom holographic, jersey, auto, auto-jersey cards . Will make a great Christmas present!!
Trackster40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
harryhudini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,417
Send a message via AIM to harryhudini
Default

If you make a list, I have bunch I am selling
__________________
Lets Go O's!!!!

BLOWOUT'S OTHER ADAM JONES SUPERCOLLECTOR!!
http://s295.photobucket.com/user/skiessetablaze/library/?sort=3&page=1
harryhudini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Trackster40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryhudini View Post
If you make a list, I have bunch I am selling
Ha I have one so far so my list is pretty long can you pm the ones you have or do you have a bucket of em I can look at? Thanks!
__________________
Interested in Custom Cards of yourself, your friends, or your family?? Visit
www.specialtysportscards.com For custom holographic, jersey, auto, auto-jersey cards . Will make a great Christmas present!!
Trackster40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Reaper0331's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: San Jose,CA
Posts: 2,065
Default

I am doing the FOTG Prime Patch Auto set #D to 10 or less... I noticed that too but if you check the regular set it has all of them... I think they dropped some of the player's and only picked one's they wanted for the prime set... It don't make sence but a few less I have to track down lol
__________________
Collecting Vernon Davis,Jim Brown,Jerry Rice and HOFERS
http://s77.beta.photobucket.com/user/MostWantedWS6/library/
The safest place in Korea was right behind a platoon of Marines. Lord, how they could fight!-MGen. Frank E. Lowe, USA; Korea, 26 January 1952
Reaper0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Grid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,386
Default

Not every player has an autographed card. They do this every year. Some players are dead, some dont sign much, and some panini just didnt buy autographs for. Remember they build these cards backwards. The base jersey set 1st, and then they do the die-cuts and autos. So just because a guy has a base jersey doesnt mean he will have an auto. Example: Derrick Thomas has all the jersey parallels but obvious wont have an autograph... Same goes with Harvey Martin, Walter Payton etc whom all died 10 years or more before this product released. So if you are looking at the wrong checklist those guys will be missing. Search the base FOTG set and they should all be there. They are on my checklist out of a box of cards
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Grid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,386
Default

(like 4 = Alex Karras then it goes to 11)? Can someone explain those to me..like does 5-10 not exist

5 Andre Johnson
6 Andre Reed
7 Antwaan Randel El
8 Archie Manning
9 Barry Sanders

etc...
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Trackster40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
Not every player has an autographed card. They do this every year. Some players are dead, some dont sign much, and some panini just didnt buy autographs for. Remember they build these cards backwards. The base jersey set 1st, and then they do the die-cuts and autos. So just because a guy has a base jersey doesnt mean he will have an auto. Example: Derrick Thomas has all the jersey parallels but obvious wont have an autograph... Same goes with Harvey Martin, Walter Payton etc whom all died 10 years or more before this product released. So if you are looking at the wrong checklist those guys will be missing. Search the base FOTG set and they should all be there. They are on my checklist out of a box of cards
Thanks for the input...I wen't back and looked and selected "Fabric of the Game" the base set for jerseys (like the ones where most are out of 250) and it was indeed the same thing I looked at the first time...with #'s 5-10 not listed as well as others not listed. However, for example, #10 Barry Sanders is under the "prime" section and not the regular section.

So it looks like the "regular set (i.e. just jerseys)" doesn't include all of the players...kind of a bummer as i would have liked sanders and some of the other guys in the regular set..
__________________
Interested in Custom Cards of yourself, your friends, or your family?? Visit
www.specialtysportscards.com For custom holographic, jersey, auto, auto-jersey cards . Will make a great Christmas present!!
Trackster40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Trackster40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 498
Default

I also searched on eBay for some of the unlisted numbers in the base set to see if it was an error but people like andre johnson and barry sanders didn't have a regular jersey card..just patches
__________________
Interested in Custom Cards of yourself, your friends, or your family?? Visit
www.specialtysportscards.com For custom holographic, jersey, auto, auto-jersey cards . Will make a great Christmas present!!
Trackster40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Grid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackster40 View Post
I also searched on eBay for some of the unlisted numbers in the base set to see if it was an error but people like andre johnson and barry sanders didn't have a regular jersey card..just patches
Wow that is weird. Like I said I was just going off the paper checklist by my desk. I know some of the cards are numbered weird. I have a Chris Wells Gold patch that should be /50 but its only numbered to 5 and its not the Emerald either. I guess they just used whatever they had and threw it in here...
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Trackster40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
Wow that is weird. Like I said I was just going off the paper checklist by my desk. I know some of the cards are numbered weird. I have a Chris Wells Gold patch that should be /50 but its only numbered to 5 and its not the Emerald either. I guess they just used whatever they had and threw it in here...
I appreciate the help! and yeah that's bizarre lol
__________________
Interested in Custom Cards of yourself, your friends, or your family?? Visit
www.specialtysportscards.com For custom holographic, jersey, auto, auto-jersey cards . Will make a great Christmas present!!
Trackster40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.