Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 12:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Kevin Kolb to AZ?!

Interested read about Kolb vs. Rodgers...

Scout.com: Is Kevin Kolb The Next Aaron Rodgers?

The problem is that everybody tries to rip everybody off!
MrSnyder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

i think fitz wants kolb at AZ anyway. it'll give him a good chance to show what he can do. otherwise, where else should kolb play? vikings? panthers? REDSKINS
Old 02-16-2011, 12:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

that would be a great move by Arizona.
Never Forget 9/11, Be Diligent and Safe!
Vintage Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Would be a good move for AZ.

However nothing will happen until a new CBA is reached. Going to drive all of us crazy coming up with rumors and speculating.
tehchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

better than bulger or taking yet another rookie qb. I can't see the eagles letting him go knowing that vick will miss at least 2 games and that he is not the long term answer, unless you eagles fans are ready to be kafka'ed!
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
better than bulger or taking yet another rookie qb. I can't see the eagles letting him go knowing that vick will miss at least 2 games and that he is not the long term answer, unless you eagles fans are ready to be kafka'ed!
Kafka will be as good as Kolb is in 3 years.
jp98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

Hope its Minny!
Old 02-16-2011, 01:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

That would be funny... in my Madden franchise (I am the Packers), Kolb is with AZ. Not sure how he got there but... weird.
freethrowtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:49 PM   #9 (permalink)

Fitz is so good he still had 1000 yards with some awful QB's

I say it is almost a lock if Fitz wants him

MUSEUM COLLECTION FRAME METAL
STAN MUSIAL AUTOGRAPH
kyle1707 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

It makes absolutely zero sense to trade Kolb to Arizona if you are Philadelphia - unless AZ blows you away with some ridiculous offer (like a #2 this year and a #1 next year)

Kolb makes almost nothing salary wise by QB standards and Vick is going to get hurt.

I'm not saying Philly should keep Kolb - but it makes no sense just to dump him because of Vick - he is way too cheap and Vick plays way to reckless (in that he gets hit too much) to just give Kolb away.
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:00 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
It makes absolutely zero sense to trade Kolb to Arizona if you are Philadelphia - unless AZ blows you away with some ridiculous offer (like a #2 this year and a #1 next year)

Kolb makes almost nothing salary wise by QB standards and Vick is going to get hurt.

I'm not saying Philly should keep Kolb - but it makes no sense just to dump him because of Vick - he is way too cheap and Vick plays way to reckless (in that he gets hit too much) to just give Kolb away.
Keep in mind that Kolb makes $1.4 million this year, and is a free agent the following year. The Eagles would be advised to get whatever they can before they inevitably lose him in free agency and get nothing in return. At the most, the Eagles would be lucky to get a 2nd rounder for Kolb. An additional number one is out of the question.
jamuser304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:02 PM   #12 (permalink)

I agree that the Eagles would be better served keeping Kolb. The way Vick plays, he is almost guaranteed to get nicked up and miss a couple of games.
golferphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:07 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamuser304 View Post
Keep in mind that Kolb makes $1.4 million this year, and is a free agent the following year. The Eagles would be advised to get whatever they can before they inevitably lose him in free agency and get nothing in return. At the most, the Eagles would be lucky to get a 2nd rounder for Kolb. An additional number one is out of the question.
You're putting a lot of faith in Vick either still being a great QB (it's only been one year) or not getting injured.

He's not 25 - he's not 50 either - but you have to be careful.

If Vick breaks his leg, or shows he can't lead a team any farther, then you can't just give Kolb away. He's still your QB of the "future" if Vick doesn't work out long term.

You're also putting a lot of "they'd get lucky to get a 2nd" for Kolb - Matt Schaub, who was no better then Kolb, was worth 2 #2's and a flip flop of 1st round picks.

I'm not sure you can compare the Cassel trade as New England was in a different position then Philly is now.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:12 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
You're putting a lot of faith in Vick either still being a great QB (it's only been one year) or not getting injured.

He's not 25 - he's not 50 either - but you have to be careful.

If Vick breaks his leg, or shows he can't lead a team any farther, then you can't just give Kolb away. He's still your QB of the "future" if Vick doesn't work out long term.

You're also putting a lot of "they'd get lucky to get a 2nd" for Kolb - Matt Schaub, who was no better then Kolb, was worth 2 #2's and a flip flop of 1st round picks.

I'm not sure you can compare the Cassel trade as New England was in a different position then Philly is now.

The Eagles are only looking for a late 1st or early 2nd in return for Kolb. The Cardinals would be stupid to offer a 1st AND 2nd for Kolb when they are only asking for one pick. At the most, I could see the Eagles getting what they want and an additional 6th or 7th rounder.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:16 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamuser304 View Post
The Eagles are only looking for a late 1st or early 2nd in return for Kolb. The Cardinals would be stupid to offer a 1st AND 2nd for Kolb when they are only asking for one pick. At the most, I could see the Eagles getting what they want and an additional 6th or 7th rounder.
I'd like to see a link to something that says that's all they are looking for - because they'd be crazy to say that's all they want before even shopping him around - if you can provide that then there would be something to discuss.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:27 PM   #16 (permalink)

Here are some quotes to look at and discuss. Not necessarily a direct quote from the Eagles, but it appears clear what they are looking for.

Quote:
SI.com's Peter King has been adamant that the Eagles will not move Kolb, but ESPN's Adam Schefter now reports the team will entertain offers. Kolb is only signed through 2011, so GM Howie Roseman would be remiss if he didn't at least consider flipping him for a first-round pick and signing a veteran to back up Michael Vick. The 49ers, Cardinals, Vikings, Titans, Panthers and perhaps even the Browns could be interested in Kolb.
Quote:
Kolb can't be traded until there is a CBA. There remains a strong chance that no agreement will be reached until after the draft, which means the Eagles couldn't collect a 2011 first- or second-rounder for Kolb. In other words, the compensation for Kolb wouldn't help the potential contender in the coming season.
Quote:
Kolb was "flattered" that he topped elite WR Larry Fitzgerald's wish list at quarterback this offseason. "I hope that if something happens, their name comes up," added Kolb. Arizona opted not to go after the quarterback made available by the Eagles last offseason, and got burned badly by doing so. There's a growing consensus that it could take a first-round pick to land Kolb, however.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:53 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

It would be stupid for Philly to not trade Kolb for a 2nd round pick.
Keep Kolb, have him be the backup all year, then watch him sign elsewhere in the offseason and get nothing for him? Yeah, thats not a great business model.
tehchamp is offline   Reply With Quote